“The absolute best customer service”

Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach
Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The absolute best customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

We stayed here for the Shamrock marathon. The room was very clean, comfortable and affordable. The manager went out of his way to make us comforable and treat us like family. I would highly recommend this hotel and definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Glen Allen, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

We were in town for the Shamrock Marathon. The hotel provided a shuttle service to the beach (12 miles away) for the runners and spectators. There was an issue with the shuttle pick up after the race so the general manager helped us get home w/ a taxi and even offered to come pick us up himself. He was so helpful and we really appreciated his willingness to help us. Also, we loved the breakfast, my 5 year old son ate more than his share of breakfast. The beds were really comfortable and the rooms were very clean. We ate at Ruby Tuesday twice. It is very near by and had great food, plus they had the basketball games on. I'd recomend this hotel. You can't go wrong w/ a Hampton Inn!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2011

12 of us travel from NY to Virginia to visit another family member. This is our 4th time staying at this hotel. We are never let down. The hotel has recently been refurbished, we rented 6 rooms. Every room was clean, comfortable and smelled good. The water stream in the shower is excellent. Matt is always friendly, and happy to get us anything we need. The breakfast area is clean and the food is plentiful. If we needed anything the people who work there couldn't be more accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

Although my review is skewed because of a previous bad experience, I was overwhelmed with the good customer service. The greeting was warm and friendly, I was informed about the internet, breakfast, best place to park based on room location, check out time and advised to call if I needed anything. I was like he knew I needed him to be very professional and friendly.

The room was clean, smelled good and I loved the finishes and O, the bed was COMFY. I will stay here again.

Good Product & good service....what a combo when you are away from home. I would refer this establishment w/o hesitation.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
nashville, tn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

Here is a list of issues we had with our ROOM at this Hampton Inn:
There was paint peeling in the shower. Paint peeling in the bedroom (at a level where a young child could peel it off). The stopper in the toilet was not working and water would run into the tank about every 15 minutes which made for a noisy night. Our AC unit was unusually loud (think: turbine engines) and that too detracted from a good nights sleep.
I was also surprised that the room seemed really small compared to other Hampton Inns we have stayed at. With four people in the room - navigating around the furniture and our luggage was like playing a game of twister. We had almost no contact with any Hotel Staff - so I can't comment on that. I will say that the breakfast area was clean and there were lots of food options. However, after this expereince- will probably look at another hotel chain before we choose Hampton Inn againl.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank LookOut1313
Nelson, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights. on our way down to North Carolina. The staff were excellent ,nothing was too much trouble. The manager Robert was one off the most helpful of any hotel staff of all the hotels I have stayed in around the world .. I HAVE NO HESITATION OF RECOMENDING THIS HOTEL TO ANY TRAVELLER TO THE NORFOLK AREA.. A BIG THANK YOU.. Edmund & Rosalyn Ashman Lancashire England.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Martinsville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

My family traveled to Virginia Beach to attend an October 10th wedding and were traveling with my 91 year old aunt who has cancer. When we needed some additional handicapped needs, the manager, Robert, went out of his way to help us. Robert and his staff are to be commended for their helpfulness and friendliness! This is an excellent hotel, very clean, and has a staff that always had a smile and greetings when we were entering or leaving the hotel. You have made an excellent choice if you choose this hotel as your stay at Virginia Beach!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family