“Very nice hotel and stay!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront)
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Owings Mills
“Very nice hotel and stay!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I just came back from our second trip to VA beach! We stayed at this hotel and it was very nice! The rooms were clean, staff was great and friendly. We stayed in room 530. Very nice view of the beach. Now, most people aren't a fan of hotel complimentary breakfast. However, country inns buffet breakfast was great!!!!! U can make your waffle! There's fresh eggs and cheese and I believe ham to top off your eggs. Biscuits and gravy, yogurt(with toppings. Berries, nuts, etc) of course there's cereal, bagels, toast, Danishes and there was mixed fruit. I was very impressed with the selections for breakfast! I will certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: Pick a high floor if possible. I believe any view would be a good view!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear ChamiahC:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay. I am also glad to see that you got to enjoy the breakfast and that staff made you feel welcomed. I hope that you and your family have found a home away from home and will make us your hotel of choice.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

757-437-9100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Got this desk as a living social so the price want bad for a"king suite". S long as you under stand that call a room a suite they take out the second bed add a sofa bed, microwave, mini fridge, and it its a suite.
I cannot imagine a family of four in here.my husband and I were crowded. You can hang up five or six items. In general the room was clean. Dusty ledges and such. The windows needed a good scrubbing. Bathroom was clean, and bed comfortable. Wanted to use the indoor pool but was loud and filled with kids no time for adults. But it was spring break. Breakfast was a step above most hotel comp.
All in all it was a good stay

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank VaBeachLover22
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We loved staying here with our kids for a spring break get away! Free breakfast in am, cookies and coffee in afternoon. We stayed in an ocean front double queen room and just loved it. Nice indoor pool and gym. Definitely would stay here again. Close to everything and a sweet frog near lobby. Recommend without reservation---great staff, too!

• Stayed April 2014
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Where do I start? Bathroom filthy...urine smell, hair in the floor, used soap in bathtub and to top it off I come to sleep after a long day to only get to listen to a FULL marching band practicing on the hotel lawn!!! I called the front desk and was told they are "working on it" I travel 6 days a week and I have never stayed at a place with such disregard to customer service. Trust me, stay away from here, I am not picky!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Mgreg651
tsgm, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Mgreg651,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us and I sincerely apologize for the substandard condition that you found your room in. We take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness and condition. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously we did not meet those standards. I am also sorry for the way the front desk handled the situation with the marching band. Customer service is one of the most important things to us, our goal is the leave guest with a good memory of their time they spent with us. I ask you that you will allow us another opportunity to provide the type of guest experience that you are accustomed to receiving.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My friends and i decided at the last minute to change to the country inn and suites and were glad we did. we got a suite with a nice sitting area, the pool was heated and indoors (it was cold outside), and the beds were very comfortable. The staff at the front desk (Nativia?) were really nice and helpful and made our stay enjoyable. Will stay here again when in town! Thanks!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Robin S
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 28, 2014

As a gift, we received a two night stay here and our registration fees to the Shamrock. We loved staying here. Everyone was nice, the beds were amazing, the cookies were perfect after running 13.1 miles and the breakfast buffet rivaled ones we've paid for in Vegas. We actually opted to stay one more night due to the great stay we had. Our one hiccup of having no heat in our newly renovated room (I forgot my sandals there on the balcony!) was fixed in no time flat. We really had a great stay here!

Room Tip: Choose the King room with a balcony, you can totally open the window and fall asleep to the waves cr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear SarahandJeff2013

I appreciate you taking the time on posting a comment about your recent stay with us.
I am glad to read that your overall experience was an enjoyable one. I hope that had a great run time. I trust you have found the hotel to stay at when visiting Virginia Beach.

Thurmont, Maryland
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Everyone we encountered on the staff was exceptionally friendly and told us to have a nice day. Room was nice and bed was comfortable. On-site parking garage a plus as well. We were just down for a 2 day getaway and didn't realize it was Yuengling Marathon weekend, but that didn't cause any problems.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple