“Great rooms...service can be a lot better. The management is not that great in accomodating customer's needs”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront)
Ranked #25 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very nice and the internet was fast. We stayed for 2 nights and the hotel restaurant was very nice
..and the daily breakfast was decent as well. However management is not very accomodating. .. we will try another place next time. However, the front desk staff is friendly

• Stayed: June 2013
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. In reviewing your response I noticed That you were no to pleased with management.

If you have a moment and are willing to share any specifics on these items it would help me to remedy these concerns. However, regardless of your response to my request I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard.

I'm hoping that you'll visit us again. If you'd like, you can reach me at the phone number listed below. It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer.

Hotel Management
757-437-9100

Write a ReviewReviews (1,358)

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I made my first solo trip from Ohio without my husband who passed away recently. I traveled with my son and his friend. Both 14 yrs. old. To say the least I had a lot of anxiety about the trip. From the moment I walked in I felt at ease. The rooms were clean, parking was very accessible, the staff was incredible especially Toresa . Loved the location on the board walk. Would definitely stay there again!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed with 6 teenagers in two rooms overlooking the ocean. Everything was great. The rooms were clean. The staff were amazingly friendly- especially Amy at breakfast and Josh at the front desk. Even though there was tons of dirt and sand brought in continuously from the beach, the staff constantly cleaned so the hotel always looked first rate. The breakfast was average but the parking was easy, the rooms were spacious and nicely upgraded. No complaints and I will definitely return there again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are smoke free and overlook the ocean.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Found the front desk staff to be very unfriendly. No one spoke as we entered the building at any given moment. The restaurant staff and housekeeping was the only bright aspect of the hotel. SLOW elevators. Dirty pool that had a pipe sticking out and no cover on the intake at the bottom of the pool. TV was out for most of the day Wednesday.Had to pay extra for parking as we had two vehicles. Air conditioner very loud. Stayed on second floor, no problem with outside noise. Will probably not stay there again for $200 a night. Customer service poor.

Room Tip: stayed on 2nd floor. right outside of garage.great for loading,unloading
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Sfitzhite:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us here in Virginia Beach . I am sorry that you were disappointed with the behavior and lack of concern that my front desk team expressed. I am glad to read that other department came through and made you feel welcomed. Please know that our goal is that every employee you come in contact with knowledge's you and provide any kind of assistance you my need.

As a consumer, I know how I expect to be treated. I am truly sorry that they failed to provide you with their very best. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to our area.

Respectfully,

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Pros: Ocean Views, Clean Hotel, Good Breakfast, Somewhat Modern Rooms, Easy Access From Parking Deck, Premium TV. Much Nicer Room Quality (in terms of decor, bed, and walls) Than Many Similarly Priced Beach Hotels.

Cons: Somewhat Cramped Bathrooms, Room Felt a Bit Humid. Front Desk Clerk Misinformed Me Regarding Floor Number of Parking Deck.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Arriving at the hotel was easy. The parking garage is convenient, and check in was a breeze. The staff were all professional and courteous. The location of the hotel is right in the middle of everything you would want. They do not lie when they say every room is ocean view. It was beautiful waking up to the sun shining in your room. The beach is just steps away. They served a great breakfast especially when you have to feed 3 kids. As far as the rooms go ...they were ordinary. They were dated somewhat but big enough for my family. The cleaning staff are cleaning but they were not the cleanest rooms I've been in. There were lollipop sticks and other small things in the corners of the room that were not mine. For 200 bucks a night they should pay attention to detail. I'm not extremely picky just being honest. I have a little 1 walking around the room and dont need her picking other peoples stuff up. The bathroom was nice but again needs updating. When you have white tubs a scrub once in a while with bleach wouldn't hurt. The rooms do provide a small fridge and microwave which was useful. The rooms air conditioner was extremely loud because the casing was falling off. I had to push the couch up against it to stop the vibrating, but it did work. I like the fact that you have a balcony to sit on and just watch the boardwalk. The indoor pool was convenient and did not have that overbearing chemical smell you usually get when confined to the indoors. The only suggestion there is maybe you can light it up a little bit its way too dark. The worst part about this hotel is the elevator and the beds. It has to be the slowest one ever.You can literally stand for 5 min waiting for it. Take the stairs.The beds were just uncomfortable. The hotel has a restaurant attached it is ok to dine in but takeout room service sucked! I ordered food for my wife and kids to be delivered because I was not available to pick it up. When the food finally arived 40 minutes later it was dried and nasty...probably from sitting under the heat lamps waiting for delivery. Then they charge you 20% gratuity for that.Overall I like this hotel and would stay again based on location and the overall atmosphere.

Room Tip: If you dont mind waiting for an elevator the upper floors have a nice view. If you want convenience...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear sd102392,

Thank you for taking time out of you day to write a review about your stay with us. I hope everyone enjoyed there time with us and I am glad to read that you plan on returning next year. I assure you that the concerns you shared have been heard, will be addressed, and taken care of before our arrival next year. My hope is that you found your vacation hotel in virginia beach.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Located almost directly mid-point of Boardwalk. Oceanfront balcony. Our corner room on 8th floor had two balconies, one in front and one on the side w/a lounge chair. Large room w/plenty of room even w/sofa. Mini-refrigerator. Bathroom vanity did not have much storage space. Self-laundry is available but you have to pay for it. Check-in parking can get crowded. Staff stored our luggage for us in a safe place until we were able to check in, which they let us do early. Breakfast was good w/the usual stuff: waffles, cereals, oatmeal, eggs, etc. If you ask for salsa, they will bring it to you but they do not put it out on the buffet. Surprised that there was no yogurt. Nice ocean front restaurant on site. We would stay again and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ends of the building have double balconies (front and sides).
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple