“Excellent Customer Service we felt so comfortable”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront)
Ranked #25 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed May 20, 2011

My husband and I drove down the east coast on one of our "stops" we chose VA Beach. We happened to come upon Counrty Inn and Suites Oceanfront Hotel what a nice find!! The customer service we received was far more than we expected. The rooms were spotless beds were comfortable and the view of the ocean UNBEATABLE! We were there off season so we had the beach almost to ourselves but it is so big that during busy season there would still be plenty of room. We will be back to Virginia Beach again and will only stay at Country Inn and Suites!!!! oh we were only planning on 1 night and stayed THREE!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront)

Reviewed May 10, 2011

The staff from the front desk to house keeping was friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and the view of the beach and the ocean was exactly what one would want. The hotel has it's own bar and restaurant. Very nice stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are smoke free, beach front.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TalyMon
Reviewed May 7, 2011

We were originally booked at another property but changed to the Country Inn when we needed to add an extra room to our reservation but didn't want to pay the price for two rooms at the other place. We got two rooms at the Country Inn with very similar amenities for only a couple of hundred dollars more for our total (5 night) stay. I stayed at a different Country Inn a few years ago and had a good experience but didn't realize they were a chain. I went online to read reviews here and at other sites before booking and they were almost all positive so I felt comfortable making the reservation. I'm so glad we made the switch! For a little more money, we got two separate rooms, breakfast every day (our other hotel didn't have that) and a better location (more "mid boardwalk") instead of at one end. One of our rooms had two queen beds, an area with a couch and coffee table and desk, and a balcony. Our second room had the same except one king instead of two queens. There were no adjoining rooms, but they honored our request to have two rooms as close to each other as possible, and ours were right next door to each other. Everything was newly renovated--granite in the bathroom--and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast offered lots of options and changed daily. The indoor pool was bigger than many hotel pools these days and it was WARM--very nice! I did not use the business center but it had two computers and my teenage daughter enjoyed the fitness room. On site restaurant had good food, friendly staff, and reasonable prices. The hotel was very busy the week we were there (spring vacation) but didn't feel crowded. They opened the banquet room for breakfast to take care of the large number of guests so even though breakfast was busy we had a place to sit. Garage parking was a nice plus, for no extra charge! The only drawbacks were that the door from the garage to our floor didn't lock and our housekeeper left our balcony door open one day (fortunately the weather was good). I didn't notify the front desk on either occasion so I can't say they wouldn't have fixed/addressed these issues if asked--in fact, I'm sure they would have. I will definitely consider this hotel next time we stay in Virginia Beach and will also consider the chain when we travel in other cities.

Room Tip: Put in a request at booking
1  Thank abbyamy
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Will NEVER stay here again!! What a lousy three nites!! This place needs a serious makeover and deep cleaning.

We had a oceanfront King Suite which was not impressive whatsoever!!

Our initial nite we noticed how dusty the room was and how it appeared that no one had stayed in this particular room in a long while. My boyfriend and I immediately reacted with sneezing and runny noses because of the subpar cleaning within the room

Noted issues during our three nites this month:
-The AC unit was faulty, ice cold temps or no air at all
-hair in bed sheets
-stains on towels and washclothes
-dirty shower curtains
-vending machine on 3 floors out of bottled water
-maid service gone at noon one day..room not serviced despite room tag off after noon!! (the audacity)
-A rude attendant
-stuffy hallyways and slow elevators
-faulty garage access gate, multiple attempts to gain entry into garage

I could go on and on....but BEWARE of this pithole!

Benefits:
-Lobby is the nicest feature including free breakfast until 10 am
- microwave and fridge in the room and outdoor balcony view to hotel

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2011

Dear LinnG:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Country Inn and Suites located in Virginia Beach. On behave of the staff and I, we sincerely apologize for the substandard condition of your room. At The Country Inn and Suites Oceanfront, we take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards. I am glad to hear you like the lobby area and enjoyed the free breakfast

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope that you and your family will let us have an opportunity to win back your business when you come back to the area!

Hotel Management

Reviewed April 27, 2011

The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, and the service was great. The private balcony was worth every penny --- great view, and it was wonderful to see and hear the ocean from our room. The hotel restaurant had good food and was reasonably priced. The hot breakfast (included with room) was good too. I especially appreciated how quickly the staff replenished items as they ran low, including the coffee (very important early in the morning). My teenage son liked everything too. I would go back --- definitely good value for the price and a great location.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
tsgm, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

Dear leehwiley:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Country Inn and Suites located in Virginia Beach. I am glad to hear that our experience was pleasant and that you son enjoyed himself also. I must agree that hearing the ocean from your room is great thing. Did you get to see any dolphins while you were sitting on your balcony? , cause I must say it is a beautiful sight.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Hotel Managment

Reviewed April 27, 2011

I have stayed at about 8 different hotels at Virginia Beach I the past 10 years and this hotel rates pretty high in comparison. Now, I don’t stay in the “higher end” places (Hilton) but I do try to stay in a moderately priced hotel (Holiday Inns, Boardwalk Suites, La Quinta). I have tried a few low priced places and have never been satisfied.

Nevertheless, this is second time in 7 months that we have stayed at the Virginia Beach Country Inn & Suites. We stayed here during the 2010 Labor Day Music Festival as well. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The staff is always very helpful & friendly including the front desk, housekeeping, and breakfast workers.

The location is perfect on Atlantic & 18th with all beachfront rooms. The beach is about 40 blocks long, so it is about halfway up the beach, near the pier, small amusement park, and nightlife, if you are inclined. There is a private garage, which is great.

The free cookies and coffee in the lobby are great and the free breakfast is really nice as it is easy to drop $20-$25 daily at the local restaurant for our morning meal. They serve three hot items plus waffles. Yogurt with several topping choices, breads, cereals, pastries, granola bars, fresh apples, and several juices to choose from.

If I have any complaints, it is the small fitness center, and the pool seems tucked away and doesn’t face the beach. These are minor complaints, however.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the icemaker (noisy!)
Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Silvifd
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Hotel has SEVERE ANT problems! Soo bad that we had them all thru out the room, bathroom and we ended up bring them home in our luggage! My family and I felt dooped by they pictures they have of their hotel. Pool was aweful and dirty, customer service HORRIBLE!
Hotel located in party area, not family area.
Ocean view was nice, but that was the only nice thing about this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

Dear ehhelt:

I appreciate you taking the time to post your experience at The Country Inn and Suites Onceanfront on tripadvisor. I like to first to apologize to you and our family for your unpleasant experience at our hotel. I appreciate the time that you took to bring this matter to our attention. I assure you that the matter will be looked into.
Your experience with The Country Inn and Suites Oceanfront is not the quality of service that we have promised to provide to our guests. Our Country Inn and Suites strives to deliver an enjoyable guest experience to every guest every day.
I'm hoping that you'll visit us again. If you'd like, you can reach me at the phone number listed below. It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer.

Hotel Management