“Check In”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Landover, Maryland
“Check In”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I had a reservation on 27 Jun at the hotel and arrived 1 pm. I knew there was a possibility that I would have to wait on check in time. However, when I arrived at the hotel I was told there would be a wait. That was fine until it got to be 2 hours in wait time. When I inquired around 3pm I was told that by Erican on hand manager and two other young ladies , my reservation was for a non oceanfront room. I was also told they were fully booked for that night and weekend. Because I took the military discount. Now because I am a veteran that should have no bearing on what room I am assigned. However it did, I was given a key to preview the room. That room was not even fit for a homeless person given shelter for a night. It was horrible, I paid close to $500.00 in advance. I returned to the counter to voice my displeasure with Eric about the room, but he was tied up with other guest. At this time a young kid by the name of Michael came up to help me. I explained to him the situation and what was going on and my displeasure in the room they were try to assign me. This SHARP kid apologized and found me a room after I was told they were booked up. I was not satisfied with the service Eric and the two young ladies provided. After that frustration the weekend turned out pretty nice.

Room Tip: Please ensure customer get what they request and not let a discount dictate a substandard room. The...
Green Features: Did not notice any enviromentally practices during my visit.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The area this hotel is in is fantastic! Away from boardwalk and the frenetic activity that goes along with the strip. Quiet. North end with residential houses surrounding it. The checkin was okay...we stayed here because they were dog friendly which we assumed would translate into the resto as well but our small dog was not even allowed on the patio of the resto. Otherwise they are dog friendly so beware of these things. Was not advices or provided with parking pass upon check in and only discovered two hours after check in we needed one because we noticed others with a parking pass. It was provided when asked. Our room location was not optimal...second floor and directly over the walkway from beach to hotel...room 208. I would not recommend it at all. The room was small, a bit outdated but clean and serviceable. Bed was comfy. Balcony on oceanfront was adequate size. We overlooked the restaurant too and there was a happy hr band there that evening. They played until around 9:00 I think and while loud it was entertaining to a point. I would have been far more relaxed listening to the ocean as was my plan for the evening. Not sure if I would stay here or not...maybe if I got a high floor and they had redecorated. There are several other pet friendly hotels in the area I can try as well.

Room Tip: Go high floor
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Gilbertsville,Pa.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

While traveling on a group trip (The Bandit Run) one of our stops was in Va. Beach and stayed at the Wyndham. The hotel was very nice and we had an ocean front view. The restaurant was very good and service was pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was very accommodating for us traveling as a group to keep all of our cars together by designating a parking area for us all. With close to 100 Trans Am's and a "Big Rig" they really did their best for us. It was definitely pricier than the other hotels we stayed but it was ocean front and it was a beautiful view.
The location wasn't within walking distance to anything but it did have a shuttle to take us further into town for shopping.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
ChristineG_GM, General Manager at Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear ghosthuntgirl-thank you so much for your feedback and for stopping here on your way south. We REALLY enjoyed having your group stay with us. The locals, staff and other guests really enjoyed seeing all the nostalgic cars and talking with your guests, they were great! We apprciate your patronage and look forward to a return visit!
have a great summer!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I travelled with 3 kids who didn't want to share beds. We reserved a 2 queen suite with a sofa bed and a $10/night cot. This was great - could not readily find this arrangement elsewhere in VaVB. Breakfast was served until 11am, great for those who desire sleep on their vacations. The hotel was ocean front, in a very nice area. Some people want to be near the boardwalk or near the commercial district. We didn't have to be close to stores so this place was perfect. The hotel offers bicycles for rent, not something which I saw elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Inkspot01-Thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to accomodate your family. We are one of the only hotels in the area with over 40 suites to accomodate larger parties like yours which is a great cost saver in the long run. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back again soon!
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I attended a wedding at the Wyndham hotel this past weekend for my friends Danielle and Gustavo. The ceremony was beautiful, overlooking the water, and the reception was a blast. Much of the reason I enjoyed the reception was because of our bartender, Tina. She was very helpful with a few of the questions I had for her, and was generally very happy and fun to be around. It's rare to find an open bartender with personality! She had a male colleague there, too. He was fantastic as well, though I forget his name at the moment. Anyway, had a blast, and wanted to give credit where credit was due. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Mark H-Thanks for your comments regarding your experience while you were here attending your friends wedding! Tina is a wonderful team member, it is so nice of you to recognize her! We think she is a special person too, thank you for taking the time to do so!
Have a great summer!
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I called the Wyndham hotel on Virginia Beach, hoping to get lucky booking a room for the july11-13 weekend. The woman who answered was the most gracious courteous and great personality. Her name was Kat, and I couldn't have been happier with her knowledge and understanding of my situation. She found me a great room was great in telling me about the great buffet in hotel and was just a pleasure to talk to. I f ore hotels would have people like this answering and working the reservations it would be great for everyone. The Wyndham are lucky to have such a asset to be working for them. Hope the rest of my time is as good as my first impression with great person!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ChristineG_GM, General Manager at Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Sammy S- Thank you for sharing your experience while making a reservation with Kat. We think she is a superstar too! Thank you also for staying with us!