I had a reservation on 27 Jun at the hotel and arrived 1 pm. I knew there was a possibility that I would have to wait on check in time. However, when I arrived at the hotel I was told there would be a wait. That was fine until it got to be 2 hours in wait time. When I inquired around 3pm I was told that by Erican on hand manager and two other young ladies , my reservation was for a non oceanfront room. I was also told they were fully booked for that night and weekend. Because I took the military discount. Now because I am a veteran that should have no bearing on what room I am assigned. However it did, I was given a key to preview the room. That room was not even fit for a homeless person given shelter for a night. It was horrible, I paid close to $500.00 in advance. I returned to the counter to voice my displeasure with Eric about the room, but he was tied up with other guest. At this time a young kid by the name of Michael came up to help me. I explained to him the situation and what was going on and my displeasure in the room they were try to assign me. This SHARP kid apologized and found me a room after I was told they were booked up. I was not satisfied with the service Eric and the two young ladies provided. After that frustration the weekend turned out pretty nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel provides the perfect location and amenities for a memorable Virginia Beach vacation. Situated on the north end of the beach just blocks from the Boardwalk, the Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront hotel offers on-site entertainment along with access to countless attractions that make it the ideal setting for family fun. From a day spent enjoying the natural beauty at First Landing State Park to a stroll on the Boardwalk or a marine adventure at Virginia Aquarium, Virginia Beach provides the perfect blend of excitement and relaxation the whole family will enjoy. On-site entertainment is endless at the Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel. Guests can spend the entire day relaxing on the semi-private beach or cooling off with a swim in the indoor pool. There is also a fitness center for those that wish to stick to their fitness routine. After enjoying dinner at the Surf Club Ocean Grille on-site at the hotel, families can take advantage of the free shuttle to the Boardwalk, where they can enjoy an evening of excitement and entertainment. The Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel features 244 guestrooms, with 166 oceanfront options available, boasting the most direct ocean views in Virginia Beach. Guests can delight in cool sea breezes from their private balcony or patio opening to our semi-private beach. All of the guestrooms at the hotel feature free Wi-Fi, a refrigerator, coffeemaker and flat-screen TVs. For guests that want a little more space, the one and two bedroom suites as well as the Jacuzzi king rooms offer sweeping views of the shoreline, along with some extra room for the whole family to relax after a great day at the beach. The stunning scenery of the Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel makes it a great option for a meeting or event. From a 5,128 square foot ballroom to a 2,000 square foot outdoor oceanfront patio, the hotel can accommodate groups up to 550 people. The hotel also provides the perfect setting for an oceanfront wedding, offering everything from exquisite catering options to personalized event services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Oceanfront Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Wyndham