“Conference at Wyndham”

Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #64 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I attended a Friday thru Sunday conference at the Wyndham by myself recently. My reception and dealings with all staff was super warm, helpful and friendly. I read that some travelers had problems and the issues must have been resolved because they were a so helpful. I dont usually travel alone and the friendly staff made it much less stressful for me. Meals were included and the food was surprisingly very good. The staff serving the food were attentive and efficient. The audio equipment was quirky at times during the presentations but that could have been the conference folks not knowing how to adjust it.
My room was not ocean front which was a disappointment but it was less expensive. The ocean is so beautiful and easy enough to walk out to see. My room was nice-size with a balcony overlooking the pool. It smelled fine, bed comfortable with a nice assortment of pillows. The room was clean enough-sink, tub, center of the floor; however, there was some fuzz and lint kind of dirt around the edges of the carpet. I can live with that as long as the overall feel is clean and it smells good. The phone had a bright blinking red light- I did not investigate- I just unplugged it. It will be ready for a decorating upgrade in the next year or so but overall it was nice. I believe there are new and older building connected and I was in the older section. Stupid me did not realize the control for the AC was on the wall vs the knob on the unit so I called the front desk. The maint. fellow was there within 2 minutes to kindly (duh) point out the control on the wall. The hotel van took us to the Edgar Cayce place and I got tired before the scheduled return pick up time so the van came and got me within about 5 min. I lost my money in the vending machine trying to get water {before my scheduled check in time) and the nice fellow at the bar dropped what he was doing and got me bottled water. Hummm, after reading this over- I think I may have been a needy customer and they were so patient and helpful.

Room Tip: If you are there, pay extra to see the ocean- I wish I had.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Ok My trip was very nice. the hotel was in an excellent location
I would try r recommend it to someone

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda O
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We just completed a 4 day stay at the Wyndham. My wife and I and our two "yorkies" had a wonderful stay. Our oceanfront tower room was recently renovated and tastefully decorated. Upon arrival, the front desk personnel were courteous, helpful, and thoroughly engaged in spending a few moments with our dogs. Definitely a "pet friendly" hotel. Although the pet fee was more than we usually pay, it was well worth the extra. Housekeeping happily provided us with some "extra's since we serviced our own room because of the dogs. The restaurant on site provided us with very delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner choices. Even room service was terrific! My only comment would be that the hotel wifi infrastructure needs to be updated as the wifi dropped off frequently. Management was helpful but limited due to the number of access points. We'll be back in August for another stay... Thanks again Wyndham for a most enjoyable vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for the towers oceanfront-They're renovating and painting. Top floors seem to be done.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dkotzin
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Not Wyndam quality at all. No warm and fuzzy check in. Rude. Outdated rooms. Stinky stale room. Better quality and service at a Motel 6. Nightmare on 57th Street. Lacking customer service. We could deal with the location . Nice wide beach. Lacking customer service. Manager has a terrible attitude . No information on area attractions, nor willing to give out information .

• Stayed: May 2013