Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$197
Country Inn
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$188
$167
  • Beachfront
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$135
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$167
$231
$199
GardenInn.com
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$113
$80
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
$126
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$97
$92
$225
$194
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$108
3,075 results
All reviewsoceanfront roomboardwalk areathe north endvirginia beach oceanfrontboard walkoutdoor pooldolphinsbalconies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We arrived the Monday (Aug. 29) after hurricane Irene for an annual forensic conference. I called before I left my house to make the 2 hour drive and was told all was fine at the hotel. I arrive at 3pm and they tell me the oceanfront tower does not have power and they are sending me to the Best Western on 28th street. They took my cell phone # and said they would call me in the morning between 9am and 9:30am and would let me know either way if power had been restored or not. I'm still waiting for that call!!! At 11am the following morning (Tues. Aug. 30) I have to make a decision to stay another nite at Best Western or if I need to check out and go back to Wyndam. Best Western said Wyndam still did not have power and I could stay there another nite at the same group rate I had with Wyndam. At 4pm I called Wyndam to see if they have power back yet and was told yes they did. The next day (Wed. Aug. 31) I arrive at Wyndham at 11:30am to check in and they tell me check in is at 4pm...uh I have been trying to check in since Monday!!! They said the room was still being cleaned which made no sense they just got their power restored the afternoon before. They said to come back in 1 1/2 hours. 1 hour and 45 minutes later I go back to the front desk and am told the room is still not ready. I asked for a reservation manager to find out what was going on. He pages the head cleaning crew person and 15 minutes later she comes by the front desk and says she needs to inspect the room, 15 minutes more go by and she radio's down it is ready. Finally at a little after 2pm I arrive at my room that is very very hot since the air conditioner did not work. I called the front desk and they sent maintenance right up with another air conditioner to install. Meantime I go in the bathroom to wash sand off my feet and sand is coming out of the bathtub faucet. The front desk gave me such a run around with check in and I do not believe for one second that anyone was in this room the nite prior as they stated. The room was not well vacuumed, had slim jim wrapper under one bed and peanut m&m's under the other. The corners of the room desperately needed to be vacuumed. The tile in the bathroom (tub/shower) had mold in several places. The beach area in front of the hotel was piled up with seaweed blow in from the hurricane. Plastic gatorade, water bottles and other trash debris were on the beach. The outside pool was closed until Friday (Sept. 2) so the 102 degree whirlpool was being used as a kiddie pool. Hotel staff did nothing about this, but I blame the parents of all these very small kids for letting them in the hot tub in the first place. Stay away from the restaurant at the hotel "surf club grille", way overpriced and food is not good. Based on my experience I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank tigereyes65
cgeist5700, General Manager at Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, I apologize for the late response.
We were happy to host the Forensics conference and unfortunately it occured on the tail end of Hurricane Irene. I am so sorry you encountered our hectic struggle to get our facility back together after the storm. We had lost power up until 1 hour before check in for your group so it was a little hectic!! You are right in your comment that we were disorganized! Thank you for your patience and honest comments. We look forward to hosting the conference next year as well and I am confident (baring any hurricanes!!) that you will see a big difference in our facility and staffing.
Christine Geist
General Managert

Reviewed September 8, 2011

There was nothing bad but nothing great about this hotel. I did love the fact that our dog was allowed abut that's about it. When I reserved the room they told me I couldn't be oceanfront because all pet friendly rooms open up to the lawn area, our room opened up to the pool area where the dog wasn't allowed. Also the room was pretty small, nothing wrong with it, just small and the free wifi is VERY slowwwww.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We booked this room through Priceline. We still paid the going price from what I could tell. First room looked like dog dodo on the flour windows were steamed up from pool. Asked to be moved to a room with a balcony was sent to 11th floor. Sheets had dirty hand prints on them floor and windows were dirty. Drink glasses had dust on top of them. I could not stay afer findinf the dirty hand print on the sheets. Priceline or Wyndham either one would not return aare money. This will be the last time for both of them. Becareful booking off of priceline. Because there were some good reviews of this hotel we could not get are money back. Please be very honest when leaving reviews. from what I can tell different areas of this hotel are newer.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tamwel1960
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at the Wyndham Oceanfront in Virginia Beach. I am so glad that we don’t take the bad reviews too seriously because we would have missed out on this pleasant stay. The public areas were very clean all weekend, despite the holiday weekend. Our meal in the restaurant was very good. We enjoyed the different music groups that sang until 9 PM each evening.
An outside movie was offered on Friday, but we did not take advantage. Parking was never a problem.
The entire staff, including front desk, housekeeping and shuttle driver, were always friendly and helpful. Our room was clean with plenty of thick white towels and products in the bathroom. Our bed was very comfortable. An improvement would be a variety of types of pillows as are provided in the Wyndham Resorts. The view from our 16th floor was amazing. The weather was so comfortable this weekend that we turned off the AC, and opened the doors to listen to the waves crashing. We got a courtesy call the evening before we checked out to see if we would like to have assistance moving out the next morning which we thought was nice.
Our floor was very quiet. We did not hear people on any side of us including upstairs or downstairs. We were even close to the elevator and ice machine. I was surprised one day to see a family with a set of twins and two dogs come out 2 doors down from us! One minor detail is that the security device in one of the elevators was broken off, so that anyone could go up to the upper floors, but that did not concern us greatly. We like the location of the Wyndham because it isn’t as loud or crowded as in the middle of the Boardwalk area. We can always take the free shuttle down to enjoy the activities on the boardwalk, but then we can come back for peace and quiet. The beach is wide and very clean so it isn’t so crowded. If you don’t have chairs you can rent them. There is an indoor/outdoor pool, but we did not use it. We look forward to returning to this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms appear to be much better than ocean view. It is worth the extra price.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2011

This is an oceanfront property and we arrived in VA Beach right after Hurricane Irene. The staff were helpful and apologetic for some facilities not being open due to recent power outages. The bedroom with kitchenette was large and comfortable. We had an ocean view room with two TVs and two balconies. This hotel is in the quieter area of VA Beach just a short drive from the boardwalk and shopping. The hotel runs a shuttle for those who want a ride up to the boardwalk area. There are plenty of lounge chairs on the deck and on the beach. The hotel restaurant is excellent and absolutely beautiful.The hotel gives you a 15% off coupon for breakfast and the local coupon books have one for 20% off dinner for the restaurant. Our waiter for breakfast, Spenser, went out of his way to provide good, friendly service and the coffee is great! The concierge was also very helpful with information.

Room Tip: We asked for an ocean view room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple