“exceeded expectations”

TownePlace Suites Virginia Beach
Ranked #65 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Top to bottom this place has it going-on re facilities and customer service. One of the managers, Cliff, provided the kind of help and advice you would expect to get from a concierge at a five-star hotel - better, actually. For example, he gave-us a heads-up on expected wait at a local favorite breakfast eatery, called ahead (without being asked) to make sure they were still serving breakfast in late morning, printed out directions (again, without being asked) and made additional suggestions after learning a bit about our interests. Not what you would expect from an extended-stay chain hotel. Housekeeping was uniformly pleasant and helpful. Other on-duty staff members were almost equally helpful. The hotel managed to cram (without being overly crowded) everything one could need in the modest space of our suite. We found the facilities better than most Marriott Courtyards and even the nearby higher-star Courtyard Cheseapeake Marriott, which despite its price and appearance was rough around the edges. I don't normally write reviews but felt compelled to give this place a hearty thumbs-up. Only gripe - pillows could have been fluffier/firmer.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank philandcarolyn
Clint M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the glowing review. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I also wanted to say thank you for the positive comments regarding my "concierge" service. I love to share things that I enjoy with my guests. I'm glad that you were able to relax and enjoy yourself. I hope that if you are in the area again we can see you!

Clint, General Manager

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We had the pleasure of attending a wrestling tournament and staying here for 4-5 nights. I cannot say enough about the fantastic service. I just finished sending the manager a nice email.

I travel "a lot" domestically and internationally and rarely write reviews. For the class hotel, these guys do a top notch job. All the staff that we encountered (probably 9 or so) over the course of our stay were outstanding. One incident stands out, my son who is small went looking for the laundry room by himself and a staff asked him if he needed help - he told her that he was looking for the laundry room - she not only walked him to the room but gave him 4 boxes of soap that a prior guest had left. Often kids are not treated quite as well as their paying parents - I was particularly impressed by this gesture and service - given that I was not present. She treated him like another guest and went the extra mile with the soap.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite - which is outstanding for kids and extended stay - separate bedrooms - full kitchen and living room in the middle. Also, the hotel was very quiet - which was a real bonus - we slept very well (which is often a problem for me given time zone issues).

Nevertheless, this is an outstanding hotel worthy of a try if you are staying in VA Beach. Right off 264 - so good location to get around. I should also point out that the final two nights of our stay we switched to a beachfront upscale hotel - while the view was great (oceanside) - I missed the amenities and small things that we experienced at this hotel.

Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Corner room was fantastic for family (2 separate bedrooms).
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike O
TPSVirginiaBeach, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I also appreciated the email you sent to me. I put it in my associate area for all to see! Thank you so much, and I look forward to seeing you again in the future!!!

Clint Militzer, General Manager

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This hotel while in Virginia Beach is located bout 20 minutes driving distance from the shore (pending traffic). A vehicle is needed to get around this area as it is located in a more industrial part of town. The staff is friendly and attentive. Breakfast is free (as is usually the case at this chain), and is a standard continental buffet. Great for an extended stay.

Room Tip: I suggest not staying in a room by the pool if it's warm out as this can be a disturbance should...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
TPSVirginiaBeach, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. It will be my pleasure to share your positive comments with my staff. I hope that if you are in the area again you will choose to stay with us!

Clint Militzer, General Manager

Reviewed March 18, 2014

The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean, but it was the staff who really shined. From the front desk to the breakfast room; the housekeeping staff to the manager, everyone was sincerely welcoming and friendly. I agree with the other comments that have been written. This is an excellent choice for your stay in the Virginia Beach, Norfolk area. Easy access to the highway makes this even better. I unreservedly recommend the TownePlace Suites Virginia Beach.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Limulus
TPSVirginiaBeach, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the great review. We loved having you stay at the hotel and look forward to having you next time you make it to Virginia Beach! Talk to you soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

My father n law stayed here for 2 days while we moved him. He is deaf and the staff went out of there way to make him comfortable. We really appreciate the friendly staff and look forward to staying there ourselves .

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheneda L
TPSVirginiaBeach, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Vaulued Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind words. I will be delighted to share them with my staff. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and my staff was helpful. Thank you also for taking time to fill out this review. It is my goal that every guest has a perfect and problem-free stay. I hope that we will see you in the area again soon!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My company booked my room here for me. I had never stayed here before during my visits to Hampton roads so I was skeptical originally. Boy I was pleasantly surprised! One of the friendliest checking I have ever had. My room was clean and cool. The continental breakfast was hot and fresh. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank AshleyVABeach
TPSVirginiaBeach, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review of the hotel! It was our pleasure to have you stay with us during your corporate trip to Virginia Beach. We hope to see you again soon if you travel to the Virginia Beach area again. My staff will love to hear your positive comments! Thank you for choosing Marriott!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I was only there one night, but the room was spacious and accommodating. The space was clean. Service was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast had lots of choices and free coffee in room is always welcome. The location was a bit different, not too close to walk able good food, but near the highway to get around. It was quiet for us. No noisy neighbors but my sister said they could hear right through the walls. We had a first floor and did not hear anyone above us.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
TPSVirginiaBeach, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Hello and Thank You for the kind words! I will be delighted to share them with my staff and they will be so excited for the positive words. We work very hard to ensure that every guest has the best stay possible and i'm glad that we were able to provide that for you. I hope that if you are in the area again you will return and visit us again. Thank you so much, and see you soon!

Clint, General Manager