“Great for an extended stay”

TownePlace Suites Virginia Beach
Ranked #64 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Dumfries, Virginia
“Great for an extended stay”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This hotel while in Virginia Beach is located bout 20 minutes driving distance from the shore (pending traffic). A vehicle is needed to get around this area as it is located in a more industrial part of town. The staff is friendly and attentive. Breakfast is free (as is usually the case at this chain), and is a standard continental buffet. Great for an extended stay.

Room Tip: I suggest not staying in a room by the pool if it's warm out as this can be a disturbance should...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TPSVirginiaBeach, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. It will be my pleasure to share your positive comments with my staff. I hope that if you are in the area again you will choose to stay with us!

Clint Militzer, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean, but it was the staff who really shined. From the front desk to the breakfast room; the housekeeping staff to the manager, everyone was sincerely welcoming and friendly. I agree with the other comments that have been written. This is an excellent choice for your stay in the Virginia Beach, Norfolk area. Easy access to the highway makes this even better. I unreservedly recommend the TownePlace Suites Virginia Beach.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Limulus
TPSVirginiaBeach, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the great review. We loved having you stay at the hotel and look forward to having you next time you make it to Virginia Beach! Talk to you soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

My father n law stayed here for 2 days while we moved him. He is deaf and the staff went out of there way to make him comfortable. We really appreciate the friendly staff and look forward to staying there ourselves .

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sheneda L
TPSVirginiaBeach, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Vaulued Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind words. I will be delighted to share them with my staff. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and my staff was helpful. Thank you also for taking time to fill out this review. It is my goal that every guest has a perfect and problem-free stay. I hope that we will see you in the area again soon!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My company booked my room here for me. I had never stayed here before during my visits to Hampton roads so I was skeptical originally. Boy I was pleasantly surprised! One of the friendliest checking I have ever had. My room was clean and cool. The continental breakfast was hot and fresh. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank AshleyVABeach
TPSVirginiaBeach, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review of the hotel! It was our pleasure to have you stay with us during your corporate trip to Virginia Beach. We hope to see you again soon if you travel to the Virginia Beach area again. My staff will love to hear your positive comments! Thank you for choosing Marriott!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I was only there one night, but the room was spacious and accommodating. The space was clean. Service was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast had lots of choices and free coffee in room is always welcome. The location was a bit different, not too close to walk able good food, but near the highway to get around. It was quiet for us. No noisy neighbors but my sister said they could hear right through the walls. We had a first floor and did not hear anyone above us.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
TPSVirginiaBeach, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Hello and Thank You for the kind words! I will be delighted to share them with my staff and they will be so excited for the positive words. We work very hard to ensure that every guest has the best stay possible and i'm glad that we were able to provide that for you. I hope that if you are in the area again you will return and visit us again. Thank you so much, and see you soon!

Clint, General Manager
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My husband (active duty Navy) and I lived here for 11 weeks while he attended a training course. We were in between overseas duty stations with 6 suitcases and 2 little dogs. We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was perfect! The kitchen is a full kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, 4 burner stove w/oven and a good size fridge/freezer. Light breakfast is provided daily which my husband utilized (fruit, yogurt, oatmeal & cereals coffee/tea) but with the kitchen set up I was able to fix anything for meals. There is even a nice grill out by the pool! The living area is a good size with ample seating (we had friends over to watch a football game). Every room has a large TV, too. Toilet & tub are separated from the sink area by a door. The hotel is well-maintained and very clean considering many guests have dogs. There was never an odor and I do have a keen sense of smell. It's also very quiet and in a great location seconds from I64/I264 and walking distance to restaurants. Like I said, we lived here and I felt as if I was walking into my own apartment rather than a hotel. There is secure entry into every part of the hotel. But what made our long stay most pleasant was the staff!! Every single employee is friendly, helpful, kind and down right happy! It is so nice to be greeted by a smile and that is the case with every single employee here. Since we were moving from overseas to overseas, I did some (a lot) online shopping while here and they were so gracious every time I received a package - no matter how big. By the end of our stay it was like we were saying good-bye to long time friends. If we find ourselves in the area again we will undoubtedly stay here and highly recommend it to others. We will miss Ruth, Imogene, Gloria, Hannah, Clint, Wyatt and Royce. Thank you for making us feel at home!!

Room Tip: We were in the front building, on the 3rd floor, end room away from the elevators which may have bee...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mehim2cutedogs
TPSVirginiaBeach, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for the positve review. We were so happy to have you here and you are so correct...it was hard saying goodbye! I will share your kind words with the staff! Please stay in touch!
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I liked this place, very secure setup but it seemed like the building was made pretty cheaply. I could hear my neighbors talking, there was a lot of door slamming but some people aren't always courteous of their neighbors and that's how it is anywhere you go I guess. The rooms were nice and clean and the staff was friendly and very accommodating. Overall, I had a decent stay and most likely would stay again but maybe on a higher floor. I wouldn't suggest this if you're a light sleeper.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the kind words and review. I totally understand where you are coming from with the noise. If I were in your shoes, I would feel the same. I am glad that even though you did not have the most quiet of experiences that you still enjoyed yourself. I hope that if you are in the Virginia Beach area again you will choose to stay with us!