“Bad Customer Service”

Beach Quarters Resort
Ranked #73 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 13, 2009

I just got back from the Beach Quarters Resort in Virginia Beach, Va. I stayed 3 nights in the captain cabin Rm 112. At first glance, the resort looks nice . Hotel is located close to end of boardward and quieter. But after checking in and trying to park my minivan was a challenge. The parking space and turns are very small and looking at the wall looks like a lot of people may have damaged their vehincles in the past. When I took my kids to the pool on the roof, it was dirty and staffs does not provide towels. I was told by the staff to use our room towels. When we ran out of towels in the room, I call the front desk 3 times and they told me someone from house keeping will bring me new towels but no one show up.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank rhan1774

Reviewed July 11, 2009

Had a enjoyable stay. Celebrated our anniversary. Was a busy hotel. Elevators take a few mins. Walked up the stairs a few times. Staff was friendly. View was wonderful. A little loud sometimes. Indoor and outdoor pool/ sand bar. The parking garage was a little tight but we only left twice so it was not that bad. Had a jacuzzi room but the jacuzzi seemed like it had not been run in a while( a little dirt in the jets). But was a decent stay for the most part.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We really enjoyed it here. Amazing waterfront views, sauna, indoor and outdoor pools, steam room, fitness equipment. Our room was nice and clean and the staff was very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2009

The suite was roomy. The fitness center had a horrible leak during our stay. The CONCIERGE SERVICE is what we will never forget. We purchased tickets to Busch's Garden for six people: three adults and three children. Two of the children were under the age three. We found out within the same month of the trip the tickets sold for our twins age two should have been free. The manager refused to compensate my family for the mistake they made. He advised without having the tickets to return for reimbursement he could not refund the money for tickets purchased in good faith. And sorry if they means we lose your family as future quests.

1  Thank melodybeach
Reviewed July 6, 2009

The parking garage is so tight, you can barely get around the corners. I saw 3 ppl damage their vehicles in the first 10 minutes we were there. The doors to the rooms are too heavy, and slam so loud they make you jump out of your skin. There's toothpaste spit on the bathroom doors, and massive dust buildup in the corners of the bathrooms. You have to pay to use the workout facitlity, which I have never had to do. After one of my daughters had taken a swim in the tiny indoor pool, we discovered we'd left our towel up in our room on the 9th floor. I asked the front desk person if we could use another towel, and was refused, so she had to shiver her way up to our room. There was a rainstorm that ended up flooding the first floor, and damaged one of the elevators, so only 2 were working properly, and they didn't even post a sign to let anyone know. Upon our departure, my husband left an expensive contour pillow behind, and I've called the hotel several times, and even spoke to the "manager" to no avail. Plain and simple, this property SUCKS. Do not stay here.

1  Thank thedenmother
Reviewed June 16, 2009

We just returned on Monday, June 15,2009 from a 3 day stay at Beach Qtrs. I found the staff to be very friendly, helpful and when we arrived they were so kind to my entire family. From all of the reviews I had read, I was expecting the worse. Far from it. We had reserved 6 rooms for my Parents 50th wedding anniversary. My family was put on floors 1, 8, 9, 10 & 11. Every room I went to was very clean, smelled great and looked new. I wonder if those writing reviews stayed at the same resort we did. Every member of my family drove SUV's and had no problems in the parking garage. The resort has excellent oceanfront views . The beach, including boardwalks and biking path is cleaned every day. The laundry area's worked great, I should know, I did laundry the night before our departure for the 5 teenagers that stayed with me. I enjoyed my stay and if I return to Virginia Beach I will only use this hotel.

1  Thank SevierbobbyJ
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We went to VA beach for a wedding. We chose Beach Quarters because it was close to the reception site. We weren't expecting too much because of the reviews but we were pleasantly suprised. The hotel staff were very nice at check in and through out our stay. We stayed on the 10th floor. Great ocean balcony views from all of the rooms. Our room had a double bed and a pull out sofa bed. Plenty of room for the two of us. The room and bathroom were clean. You could tell that the room had been recently updated (carpet, linens and furniture seemed fairly new). It was nice to have a fridge and mini kitchen area. Several good restaurant options around the hotel area. We wanted a convienant location and were pleased with this hotel on the beach.
The only thing I definitely didn't like was the parking garage. We have an mid size SUV and it was very tight around the corners. We did witness someone back into a support beam. If you're slow and careful you should be ok, but it makes for some anxious moments.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple