Beach Quarters Resort
$157
Country Inn
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$348
$235
  • Pool
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$241
$224
  • Beachfront
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$167
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$114
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$193
$161
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$160
BestWestern.com
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$205
$214
Hampton.com
$229
$219
GardenInn.com
All reviewsrooftop poolconvection ovensteam roomtight turnsturtle cayparking garage is tightliving roomgold key resortsrudee inletfull sizebeach frontsouth endgreat oceanpull out sofaprivate balconyoff seasonoceanfront view
Reviewed September 4, 2013

You can't beat the Queen suites here, Nice size rooms and the full length balconies with entrances from the bedroom and living room. All the well appointed rooms are overlooking the ocean and have all the amenities for a week or a weekend.

Minimal resort fees (the exercise room is extra) at the resort. Parking, internet etc are included. There is always parking as they have an overflow lot but the on-sight garage, while very adequate, can be a challenge to navigate. The circular structure is a very confined space, with little room for error as evidenced by the scrapes on the wall. ;) I am not saying don't park there, but a large truck or van will have a lot of difficulty and headache in there...

There are some rooms with a backward layout, luckily for us we have always been able to change the room.

Overall, when there hasn't been availability and have had to stay elsewhere, we always come back here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
William B, General Manager at Beach Quarters Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

I am Bill, the Resort Manager at this Resort. Picking our resort as your "home away from home" and expressing such really made my day. I've had the opportunity to express your accolades with my staff during our early morning pre shift meeting. It is always comforting to know loyal customers, like you, have found a place to call home while enjoying your time of relaxation! On a positive note, I'm happy to announce our plans to lift the exercise room fees this coming year. I think you'll also find the fitness center changes to your liking. Again, thank you for your feeback and business! We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a great place to stay. All rooms open up on the beach with a balcony. Kitchen is very useful. We went the week ending Labor Day weekend. Verizon has a concert every year and the musice and stage is only yards away.There is a 2 plus miles boardwalk with music playing everywhere.. This place has something for everyone. Kids will love the bike trail. Teens will love the music. The pool is on the roof with a bar. There is a seperate kiddie indoor pool downstairs. They always are organizing activities for the family all week long.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I'm delighted to receive your positive and upbeat feedback concerning your stay at our resort. I am Bill, the Resort Manager at this Resort. What a pleasure it is to hear of your satisfaction not only with our accommodations but, the amenities and local attractions aimed at making your stay a memorable experience. I'll be sure to share this review during our morning pre shift meeting with all of our team members. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your return visit at Beach Quarters Resort. Bill Beddie, RM.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had a great time at the hotel, the rooms ( big family, so we rented two different different types of rooms ) were spacious and were equipped with all the latest amenities. Both had great lighting and the room service was very nice. One of the things I loved is that the other guests love to talk with people they don't know so be prepared:). Hotel/Room wise, I give it 4 stars but resort wise would be three. I mean you wouldn't be disappointed if you reserved online but I felt that the resort side of the building should have been bigger. I feel that the goldkey president should have reserved just a little more space and added at least 1 more level for it to be a RESORT RESORT. Um, the indoor pool was great and the rooftop pool is very alive, I actually preformed a duet up there. Very fun and lenient on small rules. All in all had a great time but I think that a expansion would be great.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask on the names of the suites, because there are two rooms with double beds and the layouts are very different (good different)
1  Thank Mushfiq Z
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Family vacation stayed 10-17 Aug 13 with 3 teens/young adults.
We were on the 3rd floor and rented it from the owner. Two double beds and pull out sleeping sofa(no issue from my 16 YO son). Approx 400-450 sq feet room. Odd layout, entrance straight to the bedroom, then very small bathroom with separate sink area, kitchenette and living room with balcony facing ocean. This is a condo converted from a hotel, 40% of the rooms are owned and the remaining 60% are time shares. Yes they will tried to get 90 mins of your time which we declined right away. For what we paid I believed it was a good rate.
Beds were comfortable(firm mattresses). Kitchenette has two elements only, microwave/oven and full fridge. Good for making breakfasts and lunches only. They had a blender good enough for cocktails. Eating table for two only. All our suppers were take outs or restaurants. The Oceanfront streets are numbered 1 to 89 from South to North. The boardwalk is only from 1 to 40 St. The surfing area is from 1 to 5 St, no swimming/in-experience boogie boards allowed or the life guards will be on you. This area was great for us because of the waves, maybe not so good for young ones/weak swimmers. They had a tennis court/pool-pool/bar on the 7th floor. Awesome fitness facility for a fee. Indoor pool and jacuzzi(just in case you do not like the sun and sand). Parking garage-very tight for our mini-van, going up no issues but going down-interesting. VB is near naval bases and there are very loud fighter jets that pass by quite often. The sound of freedom for some. There is a stage close by on 7 St which rock to live music from afternoon to night with all the local's favorite bands and two great eateries with patio bars on either side. Fireworks on Sunday and Wednesday nights from the pier(between 14 & 15 St) or from your balcony. Different parts of the boardwalk attracts different clienteles. We had a awesome time.

3  Thank GalavantingJeff
William B, General Manager at Beach Quarters Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

I throughly enjoyed reading your response and feedback to our Resort. I am Bill, the Resort Manager at Beach Quarters. I beleive your feedback paints a realistic view of our Resort and surrouding areas. I will surely share your comments with my saff on the morning pre shift meeting. I thank you for the feedback and business! We look forward to serving you on your next trip to the Virginia Beach area.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Let me preface this review by saying I went during one of the busiest times a year, the 4th of July , so I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. I wasn't disappointed but I wasn't pleasantly surprised. The rooms are extremely small and the layout is odd. As soon as you walk in the room your greeted with the bedroom, the bed isn't a real queen it's more of a full size. If you sit on the toilet your knees can hit the door and the kitchen is NOT a real kitchen its a kitchenette. We requested a higher level floor but they put us on 3 because the higher floors are for time shares. I will say I enjoyed myself because it's close to EVERYTHING, right on the beach close to all the restaurants and the band sheds and we had a beautiful view of the fireworks. If your on a lower level floor everyone can see you from the boardwalk( like right in your face see you)! The upper level pool is really nice, but it's ALWAYS crowded and no seats are ever available. They have a tennis court and work out room but the overall feel of the place is kind of a icky feel if clean doors, carpet and elevators matter to you. Would I stay there again, probably not, for the amount of money we spent I just expected something a little more nicer than what I got. Oh and the parking lot is TERRIBLE free but terrible I have a mid size car and it was difficult for me to maneuver I couldn't imagine a truck in there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends