“Best Place to Stay in Virginia Beach”

Knights Inn Virginia Beach Lynnhaven
Ranked #92 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I recommend staying here because of the affordable prices, courteous and helpful staff, clean rooms and great location. The location is near a large shopping mall. There are plenty of good restaurants close by. And you are still just a seven or eight minute drive from the ocean-front.

Room Tip: Tell employees what you're looking for and look room over before checking-in.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel stinks, the staff is beyond rude, it's nasty and the staff are nasty. We reserved 3 rooms, the "QUEEN" room was a double sized bed. The other two rooms smelled like cat urine. when we complained (very nicely I may add) the "manager" became loud and acted rude and would not work with us to get it resolved.
Do NOT Under any circumstances stay here.

Room Tip: do not stay here ever!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank donna p
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I arranged for this room for an employee working in the area and when they arrived it was so disgusting and frightening that they left and drove back to Richmond at 1AM rather than stay there. They requested a refund, but were told that that was not possible.

Room Tip: Don't Stay here!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BRENDA C
Reviewed February 19, 2014

During my many stays here, I've always been satisfied with the cleanliness of the rooms and the polite and helpful motel staff. I like the location, just minutes from the ocean front yet close to shopping, restaurants and parks. I've stayed here many times, have never had any problems and highly recommend it to anyone visiting VA Beach.

Room Tip: Check the room they offer you, to see if it meets your standards before taking it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been coming here on and off for years and we love it. Great rates great people and great friendly service. We where in a room almost all night but some of the TV channels didn't come in and when I told the front desk and they gave us a different room that night. Most hotels say to bad so sad once in the room for more then 10 min. Then you cant get changed or money back. Also you get your $5.00 back after you check out. I give this hotel 10 stars not five.
Great hotel great place. Great Job to the Staff and people that work here GREAT JOB GUYS :-) KEEP IT UP

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2013

If we did, we would have never even considered. They allow a 10-minute review of the room after paying..I should have taken that as a HINT!!

I walked in to see the room and thought it was decent enough given it was a last minute decision. We paid close to $200 (taxes included), which I thought was WAY overpriced, but we were tired and did not have the time or energy to look for another one. The allowed "review time" could have been another 10 minutes, it would definitely be enough time for you to realize you made a huge mistake. I am not a meticulous person, but you would think a facility like this (considering its rate) would be more vigilant about its services.

Here are some of my findings while staying at this hotel:
1. Molds growing on the curtains (inside and outer layers)
2. Paints peeling off the bathroom walls
3. Seemed like they do not even wipe down the walls or doors, especially after the last occupants wipe their bodily fluids/mucus on the walls
4. The bathmat was glued to the tub, so we did not have the option to remove it and have to shower on it. Not to mention the water was not properly draining so our feet was soaking the water mixed with the mold flakes falling from the nooks and crannies of the tub walls.
5. The stained coffee maker was not cleaned at all and there were dried-up milk/cream drips on the side of the tray.
6. The power outlets have stains on them which looked like gel or some sort, at least I was hoping they were that and not something that came out of a person. (Don't worry I did not touch it at all)
7. Hairdryer has lint and hair stuck on the backside of it
8. A/C was not working properly. We left it running when we went to get dinner hoping the room will be cold by then. It did not.
9. Used dirty white towel found under the bed from previous occupants
10. Stains on the (supposedly clean) white towels, good thing we brought our own
11. Toilet rim are dirty with urine stains
12. Mirrors are dusty and was not wiped down at all
13. Noise at 2am till 4am. Nothing was done for that span of time. I know this! It awaken me at 2 in the morning and could not get back to sleep until then. People were walking back and forth along the hallway, and a screaming toddler was crying for a good while. It lasted for two hours without anyone coming succumb the noise.
14. I complained the next day. All I got was "I'm sorry".

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sorednaval
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Worst place I've ever ever ever stayed at...rooms stunk, mold on ceilings, roaches everywhere...afraid to actually sleep...rudest staff I've ever encountered anywhere!....sleeping on a park bench would be much better and cleaner!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends