“My Favorite Place In Virginia Beach”

Knights Inn Virginia Beach Lynnhaven
Ranked #95 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Morgantown, West Virginia
“My Favorite Place In Virginia Beach”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

During my many stays here, I've always been satisfied with the cleanliness of the rooms and the polite and helpful motel staff. I like the location, just minutes from the ocean front yet close to shopping, restaurants and parks. I've stayed here many times, have never had any problems and highly recommend it to anyone visiting VA Beach.

Room Tip: Check the room they offer you, to see if it meets your standards before taking it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been coming here on and off for years and we love it. Great rates great people and great friendly service. We where in a room almost all night but some of the TV channels didn't come in and when I told the front desk and they gave us a different room that night. Most hotels say to bad so sad once in the room for more then 10 min. Then you cant get changed or money back. Also you get your $5.00 back after you check out. I give this hotel 10 stars not five.
Great hotel great place. Great Job to the Staff and people that work here GREAT JOB GUYS :-) KEEP IT UP

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 19, 2013

If we did, we would have never even considered. They allow a 10-minute review of the room after paying..I should have taken that as a HINT!!

I walked in to see the room and thought it was decent enough given it was a last minute decision. We paid close to $200 (taxes included), which I thought was WAY overpriced, but we were tired and did not have the time or energy to look for another one. The allowed "review time" could have been another 10 minutes, it would definitely be enough time for you to realize you made a huge mistake. I am not a meticulous person, but you would think a facility like this (considering its rate) would be more vigilant about its services.

Here are some of my findings while staying at this hotel:
1. Molds growing on the curtains (inside and outer layers)
2. Paints peeling off the bathroom walls
3. Seemed like they do not even wipe down the walls or doors, especially after the last occupants wipe their bodily fluids/mucus on the walls
4. The bathmat was glued to the tub, so we did not have the option to remove it and have to shower on it. Not to mention the water was not properly draining so our feet was soaking the water mixed with the mold flakes falling from the nooks and crannies of the tub walls.
5. The stained coffee maker was not cleaned at all and there were dried-up milk/cream drips on the side of the tray.
6. The power outlets have stains on them which looked like gel or some sort, at least I was hoping they were that and not something that came out of a person. (Don't worry I did not touch it at all)
7. Hairdryer has lint and hair stuck on the backside of it
8. A/C was not working properly. We left it running when we went to get dinner hoping the room will be cold by then. It did not.
9. Used dirty white towel found under the bed from previous occupants
10. Stains on the (supposedly clean) white towels, good thing we brought our own
11. Toilet rim are dirty with urine stains
12. Mirrors are dusty and was not wiped down at all
13. Noise at 2am till 4am. Nothing was done for that span of time. I know this! It awaken me at 2 in the morning and could not get back to sleep until then. People were walking back and forth along the hallway, and a screaming toddler was crying for a good while. It lasted for two hours without anyone coming succumb the noise.
14. I complained the next day. All I got was "I'm sorry".

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sorednaval
McMinnville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Worst place I've ever ever ever stayed at...rooms stunk, mold on ceilings, roaches everywhere...afraid to actually sleep...rudest staff I've ever encountered anywhere!....sleeping on a park bench would be much better and cleaner!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Angiegrissom
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 25, 2013

No Wifi, We paid for a non smoking room and get a smoking room with ash in the sink and in the bathroom. Under the beds were so dirty and hadn't been cleaned forever !! The staff at reception were very rude. The only plus......it was over the road from the Mall.
Would never recommend this place to anyone !!! Dirty and smelly !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jodielee22565
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My company stayed here in 2005 while putting in replacement telephone lines, in preperation for the New Lynhaven road to be built. I booked this motel room to stay over after a concert at the Farm Bureau this past saturday 7- 27-2013 What I found actually scared me enough that I wouldn't leave my luggage in the room and go to the show. I would have left without renting but I went through a second party. Room was already paid for...lucky me it was open though. We left with photos of what looked like blood on the floor ....little furniture that wasn't broken....it was a toilet with a roof over it. Do not stay here!!!!! One other thing.....the front desk folks....they are helpless....wonder if they are even getting paid....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pete d
West Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just a quick overview - Mold growing on the furniture, refrigerator and walls. Remnants of someone's "sickness" on the side of our matress. Power went out twice in one night due to a breaker problem. Extremely dirty bathroom. Wet paint on walls with no signage - ruined some personal items. Take your own batteries because the remote didn't work. Skip the continental breakfast - you'd do better at the 7-11 next door.

Had booked two nights months in advance so our rate was only 89.00 - which we paid for both nights upfront. When I went to discuss our concerns with the General Manager after the first night, her only concern was that due to a concert that evening their rates had went up to 149.00 and we were "underpaying" their daily rate. She never offered to send someone to clean up the mold. Never apologized for us being without a/c and power. And I think she was actually considering upcharging us for the difference in rates. THINK TWICE BEFORE STAYING HERE.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends