“Hotel Stole My Macbook! Disgusted with Service”

Knights Inn Virginia Beach Lynnhaven
Ranked #92 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Hotel Stole My Macbook! Disgusted with Service”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

First off, I brought my macbook with me to do homework over the weekend. I was gone from Saturday morning to late Saturday afternoon. When I got back my macbook was missing from my room. When I went to the front desk to report it, they gave me attitude and were not helpful at all. They said to review surveillance, they need the GM who was not on property. They said she should call back tomorrow, but if she doesn't I should call her. Honestly, it should not even be a question of me calling her. THIS LAPTOP WAS IN MY ROOM!

From A-Z this hotel experience was horrific. When we first got our room keys they did not work. We had to take them back to the front desk where the front desk gave me a problem because I did not book the room. After we got the keys, we walked in and this non-smoking room REEKED of smoke. There were holes in the sheets, stains on the shower curtains, and the floor was so dirty that I felt like I was going to get athletes foot through my shoes!

Also, I was traveling for a Field Hockey tournament and my parents were staying in the same hotel. The front desk acted as if my dad was a creepy man who was into young girls. HE DOES NOT GIVE OFF THE IMPRESSION AT ALL, and I was mortified they even thought that. Also, my parents paid for two nights and decided to leave after one night because the hotel was appalling. They gave the keys to the front desk and said either we are coming back or my daughter is to stay in the hotel. They proceeded to check out the room my dad paid for. When I went to the front desk to get the keys he left for me, they said they already checked him out. I called my father and he had to argue with the front desk to get the keys for the room. They said if he didn't want the room, we would have to take it up with expedia because we bought the room offline.

No wi-fi in rooms, only in lobby
Continental breakfast consists of a bagel, coffee, and heavy chlorinated water
Front desk was extremely unpleasant and uneasy to talk to
Rooms were not sanitary

I am not easily disgusted by things, but honestly I wont be surprised if I get sick in the next few days.

Room Tip: All the rooms are disgusting.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Jenna A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
washington
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I knew we were getting in late and leaving early, so we figured that we would be fine staying here as a place to sleep for the night. We were wrong. We arrived just after midnight, and checking in consisted of standing outside and handing my license through an opening in the plexiglass window so that it could be photocopied, after which I received the room keys (I had a pre-paid hotels.com reservation). When we walked into the room, it had a terrible damp odor, and we sprayed cologne everywhere to mask the smell. It may have been psychosymatic, but the bedsheets were making me itch so I used my own towel as a cover to sleep. Also, the ice machine in the hallway didn't work. We were very happy to leave.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank wtraveler87

Travelers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Palm Coast, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2012

this place stunk, they claim to take AAA/ AARP/ military/govermnent discounts they don't
ceiling falling in the shower..
wifi does not work in the room 0nly in the loby..i want privacy when i use my com.

woke up in the morning with bites all over my right side of my back

coffee pot for 12 cups but only one filter thats for one cup come on..
all in all this place is bad...for being in the area they are in the city of virginia beach ought to have them clean this place up...is does not represent vabeach at all..

Room Tip: do not go here travel the extra 4 miles and find someplace else
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Patty B
North Reading, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I had an issue regarding a reservation with this hotel and was almost charged for a night that I did not stay there. However, after speaking with staff twice and finally a manager, the issue was cleared up and I was not charged. The managers names was Ela and she was very helpful. I did not stay at the hotel so I cannot speak to the actual hotel, but the manager was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend because it was a host hotel for a bowling tournament. I travel often for business and when the front desk person told me to check the room and if there was a problem let him know in the first 15 minutes I should have known it was sub par. The room itself was not bad, it is an older motel and has not been updated ~ I can really live with that - we were there for a bowling tournament and we spend very little time in our rooms. What really got me the most was the fact that when we got to our rooms on Sunday night at midnight our room had not been cleaned. We had no clean towels. We went to the front desk (which this late is at night is a plexi glass window) and asked for clean towels...we were told that they didn't have any. When we asked why our room wasn't cleaned we were told it is cleaned every other day and that this is normal hotel practice (ummm...NO its not). We were told to come back the next morning at 8 and the manager would be there. I was waiting in the lobby at 8am..no manager but the front desk guy did go to some other rooms and get us towels. When we checked out on Monday morning we asked to speak with the manager or owner - we were given the run around even though he was behind the wall in the office (another in our group saw him 10 minutes before). I left my name and number for a phone call...obviously customer service is not important because it is June 7th and I am still waiting for a call. I will NEVER stay here again - I would rather sleep in my car and bring my own towels...

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Lori S
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We checked in and checked right out. First off this is a motel, and it's claim to be clean and affordable is an out right lie. It's cheap for sure. For starters only one of the three lights in the room cut on. Security chain for door was broken. Air condition was broke. Wall paper peeling up. Hair found in bath tub and towels. Black something was in between the sheets. Blood stain on box springs and they were filthy. Run for your life !!!!!

• Stayed June 2011
5 Thank ptsmith284
Kimberly B, Front Office Manager at Knights Inn Virginia Beach Lynnhaven, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
We are sorry that you were dissatisfied with your stay. It is extremely regrettable that we did not achieve that goal. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this experience may have caused.. Your comments will be reviewed with our staff to determine a better way to avoid these circumstances from happening again. .Your frustration is completely understandable. It is with great regret that we could not accommodate you that night. .
Reviewed April 18, 2011

This is the most horrible place I have EVER stayed in! If u care about where you lay your head you will not stay here! As soon as I walked into my room it smelled horrible! There was hair still in the bathtub, wifi service did not work along with the remote control. Weird & strange people walking around. Around 7am they started pressure washing my door & window (where I was woken up). No previous notice of this. Water was coming in the door through the huge gap at the bottom even though the door was closed. Floor was soaking wet! Employees were extremely rude & could barely speak ENGLISH! They came knocking on door before checkout! My boyfriend opened door standing behind it (not really dressed after being woke up) told them he was not dressed & to hold on, not knowing what they wanted. They continued to push door open while he was trying to close it until he had to yell at them to stop. He was in boxers!!!! These employees are idiots! Not only was it a horrific experience my boyfriend woke up with bug bites all over him. Left room to get breakfast (not at hotel...since we were already awake after this nonsense) & came back ready to pack our things to find out our key did not work! Went to front desk & was told they sprayed the room for bugs (which never happened I had my dog and belongings in room) & was not allowed a new key to get my things. Told me we had to wait until tomorrow because there was no manager to talk to till tomorrow. After arguing with stupid desk clerk about why someone said they sprayed this room when they didnt & that it is none of my concern to take it up with someone else she finally gave us a key so we could get our belongings & dog! My advice is to you is to PLEASE do not stay here! Do not give them a single dime! This place is the ulimate worst. Wouldnt send my worst enemy to stay here!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011