“This is a great hotel- 4/5 stars!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront
Ranked #1 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This oceanfront hotel was very appealing. Located right on the strip, with private beach access, it boasted a wonderful view.
The rooms were well equipped, with comfortable beds and a nice living space. The only problem was the bathroom- a tad bit small, but nothing to worry about.
The tv had good reception, with many channels. The microwave, mini fridge and in-room safe all were in good repair and seemed clean.
I liked that in our room, there was a sliding divider door between just the bedroom and the living area/bathroom- very nice.
One of my favorite things was the thermostat- it worked very well, and was easy to control.
The balcony was in average conditon, but had a small table and two chairs, which is useful on the summer/fall nights.
The hotel was not super quiet, but was tolerable. We went right during the busy season, so I expected some noise.
The only reason this hotel lost a star, from my point, was the breakfast. Pro= it was free. Cons= everything else! The staff couldn't keep up with the demand, there were no free tables or chairs, and the food was terrible! Pastries, cold cereal, a make-your-own waffle station, and one rotating hot item a day. Everything I tried, except for the national-brand cereal, was sub-par. I bought oatmeal at a local grocery store and ate that the whole week.
Overall, very helpful staff, good rooms, great location- a B+ or 4/5 stars!

• Stayed: July 2009

Reviewed September 28, 2009

My family and I stayed at the Comfort Inn Oceanfront in VB on the 18th of Aug.2009 for a stop over while travelling to Myrtle Beach. This hotel was very clean, well situated and had helpful staff. We would return. Unfortunately, the only draw back with this hotel and most of the hotel's in VB for that matter, is the price, which on average is twice as expensive as Myrtle Beach.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We had a good visit to VA beach from 8/1/09-8/4/09. The water is great for kids with mild waves and warm temperatures. There were dolphins just offshore early in the morning. While the beaches had lots of people on them, finding a place on the sand wasn't hard.

We stayed at the Comfort Suites at 21st street. The thing I wasn't prepared for was how totally built up the beach is. Almost the entire 3 mile stretch is one high-rise hotel right next to another. I haven't really been on a beach like that before.

People talked about how family friendly the strip is and I just didn't quite see it that way. We had two great meals at Guadalajaras but generally found the shops on the strip not worth going to.

Once we got used to the feel of the place, we had a really good time. We were just unprepared for the feel and thought it was worth sharing our perspective.

3  Thank travelfan456
Reviewed August 4, 2009

My husband and I got married in Virginia Beach on 5/8/09. It was important for us to find a great hotel at a great price in a prime location. We searched the oceanfront and this hotel fit our criteria. Once I started working with Christy Swain and her staff, I soon realized they continually exceeded my expectations. They worked with me on pricing, reservations, special requests and any other issues that came up. The location itself is centrally located on the Boardwalk which offered so much to do for our out of town guests and was also within walking distance to our rehearsal dinner location. The rooms felt very comfortable (unlike the common hotel room) and the staff really welcomed our entire wedding party. We even had a maintaince issue that was handled promptly and the staff kept asking how we were and if there was anything else they could do to make our stay better. Hands down, this is the only hotel I will ever recommend and even though I'm local, I look forward to staying here in the future. Thank you Kristy, Luis and the entire staff that made our stay and wedding weekend PERFECT!!!

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed August 2, 2009

This is one of the best hotels were have stayed at great location, friendly and accomdating staff, great breakfast (inncluded in price), seconds to the ocean and beach. Tgis was our 5th trip to VA Beach and our 3rd stay here. Its by far worth the price. Stay here and you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Loved this place. It well exceeded expectations. The only problem involved the Internet service, which was hit or miss. Front Desk said they have a new service provider and are still ironing out the kinks. They put a tech support person in touch with me (but don't we get enough of that away from vacaation?). Anyway, the hotel was so great I would go there again in a minute. Excellent continental breakfast included in the very reasonable price. Great concierge also.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2009

We just arrived home from our trip to Virginia Beach and had to tell you what a great time we had.

My fiance` said to me last week that he wanted us to get away for a few days of relaxation. We arrived on Thursday July 2, 2009 - without any reservations I might add. We had stopped at another hotel prior to stopping at the Comfort Inn & Suites. They had two rooms available: one poolside the other ocean view. Since we wanted an oceanview we asked to look at the room. Their ocean view was poking your head out of a side window and seeing what ocean you could see between two buildings Needless to say we decided not to stay there.

When we entered the Comfort Inn and Suites at 2015 Atlantic Ave., we stopped at the front desk and asked if they had any vacancies. The young man at the desk
said "yes" there was something available. We asked to see the room, as we did in the previous hotel, and he said that could be arranged. What a difference. There was no comparison.

I loved the way the room was setup. It included a microwave, a frig , coffee-maker and a small sink. And the view - fantastic. No looking out the side window for this view.

Yesterday was the 4th of July and part of the celebration was set-up in front of the hotel. The view of the concert and the fireworks was absolutely stupendous - directly in front of our room. We could not have had a better seat if we had arranged it ourselves. We wouldn't normally pay this much for a 3 nights stay, but "You Get What You Pay For."

The room, the view, the fireworks, the fantastic staff: not a nicer way to celebrate the birth of our nation.

Did I mention, we'll be back?

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple