All reviewspocket doorlaser showyogurtparking garagequeen bedbacon or sausagemake your own wafflesthe breakfast areaseparate roomsindoor poola great staysitting areadefinitely stay here againbeautiful view of the oceancontinental breakfastsmall refrigeratorfront desk staff
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stayed here from April 26-27. The hotel is oceanfront, and is all suites. The

room was smaller than expected but sufficed for two people. Any more than two and

the room would have been crowded, though it is a room designed for 2-4 people. The

hotel lobby was nice, the front desk manager was very friendly and very helpful. The

indoor pool and hot tub were very nice and were a welcoming addition to our overall

stay in Virginia Beach as the weather outside wasn't warm enough for beach lounging

and the ocean was cold. Even with the hotel packed full of middle-schoolers, we were

able to swim and soak by ourselves.

Most of the hotel was taken up by a large group of middle-school aged children

apparently on their spring school trip - though we expected the worst, these kids

were well disciplined and we were never disturbed by them.

The room itself: the bed was hard and uncomfortable, obviously well-used and worn.

The couch was incredibly uncomfortable - neither myself nor my husband could sit on

it as the cushions were very thin and didn't seem to fit the couch properly - you'd

sink right down on top of the mattress. Being a pullout couch, there was a thick

metal rod beneath the cushions which, when you managed to sit on the couch, was

jammed into the back of the knee. My husband could not sleep in the bed and opted

to sleep on the couch - I don't know how he managed to sleep at all. The only other

chairs in the room were straight-backed and not all together comfortable. I opted

to sit in one of these and put my feet on the coffee table for comfort at night.

The bathroom was clean however the floor was gross - the black tile was sticky and

appeared to be some sort of indoor/outdoor material instead of ceramic tile. The

fixtures in the bathroom were rusty, and some were covered in a crusty substance

that left me gagging. The maid did the best she could however - the sink, shower

and other areas were well cleaned, the floors were vaccumed, the bed was made

nicely. It was the details of cleaning that were lacking. The room was well used...

keep that in mind when booking a stay in this Comfort Inn - it isn't brand new.

The balcony, though small, was a huge plus for the room overall - the view was

beautiful. When balancing the pro's and con's of the stay, the balcony does add

many good points to the pro side.

There are other, more upscale hotels in the area from which to choose - if your

needs require to be in the middle of all the action on BeachStreet USA, the Comfort

Inn was in the heart of it all. However if the utmost comfort is your goal, find

another hotel. For the money, this wasn't bad, it just wasn't great. Needs upkeep

and new furnishings.

Room Tip: Choose 5th floor or 6th for the views, as these floors also lift you up from the noise below.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KelleyAndMatt
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This hotel was in a perfect location. We had an oceanfront non-smoking room. Everything was included (breakfast, internet, parking) at no extra charge. There was a pool and an exercise room. The business centre really came in handy when my daughter realized she had left our laptop at home and had to finish her school project. All of the staff, including the concierge, were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Torontotravelprof
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Just left here this morning. I have visited VA beach many times in the past few years and this was one of our best visits! The rooms here were better than I expected. The two room setup offers privacy when u have kids with u and having two flat screen TV's is always a plus. Easy access to the beach and boardwalk was also wonderful. Amazing view of the beach as well. The daily breakfast was also very good with good hot selections like waffles, Bacon, sausages and eggs with cheese. This hotel is in the middle of all the stores and activities so its definitely worth the stay! Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank rsdani319
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My family recently took a trip to Virginia Beach. After much research, we decided to go with this hotel. We were very happy with our decision. The staff was very friendly, and always willing to go out of their way to please us. Our son always napped right when housekeeping would come around, so we asked if we could have them come at a different time, and they happily adjusted the schedule. The breakfast was really good - and the rotation of a different hot item was a nice treat. The breakfast room was spotless and the woman who managed the breakfast bar was very attentive and friendly. The room layout was great - especially for a family that has a napping child. The only downside was that the door to leave the room was behind the pocket door in the back bedroom, trapping my wife and I inside while my son napped. Wasn't a big deal, it gave us some quiet couple time on the balcony.
We had decided to attempt to stay an extra day, and after asking the front desk, we found there were no available rooms. about an hour later, the manager called our room and informed us of a cancellation, and he was willing to move some incoming reservations around to let us keep our room for the extra night. We couldn't turn the opportunity down. The only down side of staying an additional night is that a fraternity decided to spend the night there too - and brought a party along with them. The front desk took care of it when we called, but woke us up none-the-less.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank alfal
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My family & I recently took a family vacation for Easter, & stayed at this hotel. 4 days & 3 nights. We had adjoining rooms on the 5th floor overlooking the oceanfront. The hotel is clean, & right on the boardwalk, as well as very accommodating & family friendly. It has an workout room,indoor pool, hot tub, & continental breakfast area where you can look out & see the beach/ocean. All rooms have flat screen tvs, Wii fi & balconies that over look the ocean. Parking, Shopping, Eatery is also convenient! This hotel was quiet & peaceful, no rowdy guests! The housekeeping was great, Sabrina made sure that our room was neat & clean for our entire stay. The front desk & staff were very friendly, accommodating, & helpful. For my 1st stay on the Oceanfront I would definitely stay here again & recommend this hotel for a family vacation or any kind of trip! VERY PLEASED!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family