“Nice hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront
Ranked #1 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This is a nice hotel and if I'm ever in Va. Beach again I would probably go back. The staff was very friendly and they had a awesome selection for their free breaskfast...best I've ever seen. But I think they should make the breakfast area larger as it was very crammed. The only problem in the room was the mini fridg was quite loud but since I wasn't using it I unplugged it during my stay. Should've let them plug it back in because I got shocked doing so. Aside from that and the bed being too firm, for my taste, it was great staying on the beach. The view of the beach from the balcony was amazing. My daughter loved the indoor pool and it wasn't crowded at all. They had the hot tub spa on high...very high... and I kind of felt like I was part of a stew being cooked up...thought maybe someone was going to come by to add carrots and other veggies!!! Though it was still quite relaxing! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Va. Beach.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 11, 2011

My arrival started out bumpy but it got better later on. I was really annoyed with the front desk woman right off the bat because she wanted to write down my DL # in their computer. That is a big no-no in my book. ID theft would not exist if it were not for stupid companies like this. They try and store everyones personal information and then they're baffled when someone breaks in and steals their databases. THINK! Anyway, the room itself was OK, thought it smelled a little. Bed is also hard and lumpy. The view is excellent though and overall the hotel is quiet. The location is really good if you want to be close to the action. This is one of the most crowded spots on VB, so if you want to be close to all of the shops and restaurant , and all of the people, this is the place. If you want a private beach stay further up the beach. Overall it is an OK place. It is expensive for the quality of hotel, but it is right on the beach and all rooms are oceanfront. One negative, the internet was virtually non-existant. Though I got a strong signal it basically didn't work. If it worked at all I was getting dial-up like speed. Fortunate I was not there for work purposes.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The hotel is situated in the middle of Virginia Beach. The balcony gave a great opportunity to take in the sight of the beach, the ocean and the activity on the boardwalk. We stayed in a suite that had two queen beds in separate rooms--worked out great for us. We parked our car in the hotel garage which was very convenient.
The breakfast was better than what is typically found in Comfort Inns. Everything was well stocked. There is a laundry on the 5th floor which was useful.
The best part of our stay was the hotel staff. They were without exception great. On one occasion we managed to clog up the toilet in our room. After a call to the desk a maintenance person was in our room within 5 minutes fixing the problem. We also had a cut finger and the front desk was ready with a case full of bandages. When we needed a little extra soap, the hotel staff member was at our door within a couple of minutes.
Every need that came up was met with immediate response. All the personnel in the hotel were friendly and upbeat. Overall, this was a great vacation and we will return again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank alfalfa328
Reviewed August 8, 2011

OMG - We have just returned home from the most memorable 4 days and three nights vacation ever, in Va. Beach!! We traveled with our daughter, and two of her best friends. We had a two-bedroom suite on the 4th floor and everything was NICE and CLEAN. Our room was in the perfect spot, and the view from the balcony was great. The girls enjoyed themselves, as did we! There was always plenty of hot water (after they were done), and we had plenty of towels daily. The house keeper (Michelle) was always ready to accommodate us with anything we may have needed (as well as other staff members). The halls nor the elevators were unbearable. My husband loved the fact that the parking garage was only steps away from our room. The deluxe continential breakfast was great and there was more than enough to choose from. We we saddened to leave, but will be back next year. We enjoyed every minute we were there, from the representative that checked us in (very sweet and polite), to the representative that checked us out, and those (the staff) in between (the same sweet and polite mannerism).....

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Branhams
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My family and my friend's family stayed in this hotel. The staff was very good and did everything to make us comfortable. The rooms were connected so we could talk to each other easily. I have nothing but good memories. It is true that the corridors and elevators do not have air conditioning but we were not there for long. The only thing that struck me as odd was lack of staff to carry luggage to room. We had to do it ourselves. There is no separate service elevator and we had to compete for the elevators while carrying luggage.

This place is on 21st street which is right in the middle of everything. The beach is right outside. They have free breakfast which is very nice and there is a lot of variety.

1  Thank ArunG2011
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My family stayed for the week , and one of the two elevators broke the second day we were there. Both elevators were out for a good part of one day while they tried to "fix" the problem. With temps outside reaching 100 degrees this was unbearable. the hotel has no airconditioning in its hallways nor the elevator. The average wait time for an elevator was 10 to 15 minutes. We stayed on the 8th floor and had to walk to the lobby. But what no one had mentioned is that only one set of stairs goes to the lobby, the other set takes you to where the bikes are stored and you cant get out.So then you have to walk back up to the third floor , walk across the hotel and then back down three more sets of stairs. Did I mention no air in the stiarwell either??The heat was so bad that one of the other girls staying in our group for a dance competition passed out!!!These conditions were unsafe!!!The air does work well where you first walk in,(thats where all the workers stand) On the last morning, my daughter got stuck on the the elevator that was "working" for a while. Ok next, the free contintal breakfast, you can not take back to your room, the dinning area is also very hot, and they have someone there taking roll as you walk in and watching you leave, they make you feel like your stealing something that they say is free. There were no luggage racks available for over an hour while checking in. The lock on my balcony door did not work,the sofa bed was terrible,and the carpet in the room needs to be restretched, I kept tripping over the lump. I would not reccomend this hotel.

2  Thank Debbie831
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My family and I stayed at the "Illustrious" Beach Quarter Hotel on 2010 where the sofa had mismatching cusions we nightly ran out of hot water and the place looked like it had not be vaccumed in two years. The staff seemed to not care about any problem or care if we stayed there or not. Beach Quaters is priced like a five star but in my opinion the name gives you the value.
Now for the good news and value Comfort Inn at 2015 Atlantic Ave. A clean two bedroom in the middle of the Beach with a price in 2011 that was actually cheaper than a one bedroom at Beach Quarters that seemed to have ground in dirt in the carpet. What is even better at Comfort Inn at 2015 Atlantic is the staff; mainly Bonnie and Christina. Those two take hotel service to new high. Also, there is a continental breackfast that really was better than any Hampton Inn that I have stayed on business trips. The whole staff was great when my mother in law seeming lost here purse. They seached the laundry on site and through the hotel then called their off site laundry service. Later after we got home she found the thing in her suit case. By the way we never ran out of hot water either.

2  Thank mmack207