“Stay away!!!!!”

Ranked #82 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Phila. suburb,Pa
“Stay away!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

We had to change rooms 4 times and it was still disgusting. Our third room had a a protion of the rug that was soaked with cat urine. Every room smelled like cigarettes and mold. Bring your own towels and pillows because they were horrible. For $15 more, you can stay two blocks away in a clean room with a balcony....too late for us, though. Do our homework and don't stay here!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Ivorybird

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. It is what you pay for. We really didn't have any issues with its cleanliness. It wasn't impeccably clean but wasn't as bad as some reviewers have said. We did have an issue with the latch lock on our door. We brought that up to the front desk person and it was resolved quickly. The pool was nice, although I didn't like that you had to walk across the parking lot and slightly through an alley, behind a night club, to get to it. About the night club, if you stay here during the weekend I can see the nightclub being a noise/safety concern. We arrived on a Saturday, yikes! But, it was closed the rest of our stay. I also didn't like that the hotel was so far from the main tourist strip of Virginia Beach. I did however like that we had very close access to a beach with lots of space and very little people on the last night when we just wanted to relax in peace. The front desk people we did see were very casually dressed and unkempt.

I can't say I'd stay here again if I visited VB again. I'd rather pay a little more per night and stay at a hotel on the actual strip.

Room Tip: If you stay during the weekend, pick the side away from the nightclub. Also, park your car on that...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank valsgoal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

I wouldn't recommend this place to nobody. I got bitten by bedbugs and towels were dirty. The room had a foul odor and everything just looked gross.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Maddy9095

Travelers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Boston, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

We checked out early, obviously (b/c the place is a dump) but were not refunded our money.Our room was filthy. The rug was sticky and disgusting. And the beds smelled like cigarettes! (in a non smoking room) We went out for dinner/sightseeing and came back around 10pm. Upon our arrival, there were about 3 cop cars across the street and one in the parking lot next to the hotel. There was a wild bar next door with drunk people hanging around causing a ruckus. We were up all night with loud, drunk people banging on our door (and others) and police sirens through the night. I complained to staff, with no avail. The next day, I spoke with the rude ignorant manager and he desperately tried to convince me not to call the corporate company. He would not refund my money because I booked through a 3rd party (expedia). Needless to say, we won't get our money back but it was worth it to spend another $200 for another place closer to the oceanfront beach. And PS-the corporate company couldn't help because it was a privately owned Travelodge....BE AWARE, DON'T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank oneninah19
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

Stayed there one night. Came home with red bumps all over hands and feet and arms. Found an actual BUG in my own bed back home. Check this place out if you want to take home a souvenir from Virginia Beach. Paying hundreds to make sure I didn't take home a whole family...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JGeorge333
FrontDesk23451, Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach Bay Beach, responded to this review, July 24, 2011
After reading this review, my staff and I searched all the rooms and found no trace of the bugs at all. We went one step further and enlisted the help of Virginia Beach Health Department. Again, fortunately for us, no bugs were found. Please be assured that we are well trained and vigilant in fighting this common problem for hotel industry. Thanks for keeping us on our toes.
NYC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

My husband and I were traveling with our dog and found this travelodge on Petfinder.com. I've stayed in travelodges before and new it was basic. My husband wanted to be on the Bay which is quieter then the Ocean Strip. The room was dirty and didn't have the amenities it advertised. WORSE, the next morning (we arrived at night) the Orkin man was there and we found three rooms with carpeting ripped up. We inquired at the front desk if there was a bedbug problem since there is an epidemic currently in the US and was told "we don't have to tell you anything". I am 8 months pregnant just wanted to know how to handle our belongings. After a call to the manager and more rudeness we spent 4 hours in the laundry mat washing our belongings and an hour at the VA Beach health department confirming our suspicions. They ARE infested with bedbugs. If they were helpful, we would have understood, but I have never in all my years of traveling been spoken to so rudely when all we wanted was information. STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Katherine M
While the incident was regrettable, we have completely redone the room in question, including replacing carpet, beddings, linens and etc... We are happy to report we are still free of the creatures to this day.
chicora
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

rented 6 rooms not one was decent no coffee pots no ones hair dryer worked ,had to move one family because the shower did not work , the pool was the only nice thing but is limited to 20 guests and the railing was dangerously loose also the request for non smoking rooms was disreguarded by the staff but if you go do not get room 101 it smells like cat pee

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family