“Dated, but good location”

Econo Lodge Oceanfront
Ranked #50 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Staff was nice, pool was small but indoor and heated. good for rainy afternoon. Recommend first floor room because they have one elevator for 9 floors. Very slow. Security in parking garage was excellent.

Room Tip: First floor. Elevator very slow
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

The last time I stayed at this hotel was in the mid spring so I knew when I was planning my summer travel to va beach where I was going to stay. I like being a return guest. It felt like going back to see old friends. The hotel is located right in the middle of everything at the beach which is great. Loved the street performers every night along Atlantic ave and Wednesday fireworks by the city were great too! I can't thank all the staff enough for being so accommodating. My family and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Laura D
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I won't stay here again. Clean sheets, soft bed, old style bedspreads, stains on the box springs, cracked mismatched furniture on the balcony. The tv would lose sound for no reason. The elevator was hot, once we reached our room level, the walk to our room was oppressively hot (difficult breathe)..not nearly enough ventilation...got better when the sun went down. It seems they added glass across the front of the building to make it an interior room entrance. I walked into the Hilton and Ramada and quickly realized my mistake in penny pinching. I typically stay at Marriott brand hotels and knew the risk of going with an Econo Lodge. If I were to go back to Virginia Beach..probably won't, I would pay the additional $100 a night to stay at Hilton, Ramada or one of the Marriotts.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bayless12
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I'm trying to honestly review all the hotels I've ever stayed in at Virginia Beach. I have stayed at over 40 different ones over the years. This hotel was one of the older ones at the beach. No flat screen TVs. Old style ones. Teeny tiny rooms. Continental breakfast was very limited. Would not stay there again. Parking was free and in the garage. As soon as you come in off 64 the hotel is right there to the left. Bathtub was not completely clean.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank jpaulwhite
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The value for the 2 night stay was excellent. However, the continental breakfast was not worth it as there was not much protein or fresh foods (lacking fruit or yogurt etc.) The kitchenette was well stocked with plenty of dishes, pots, pans, and even dish detergent which was nice. However, the carpet was filthy and I had to wipe my son's feet several times to get the dirt off. I would recommend to pay a bit more to get a nicer experience. If you're only going to be on the beach and need a place to crash, this hotel might be it. The indoor pool was very small (only 11 person capacity) and lobby was small. The staff was not overly friendly,

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PearlJamDC
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stay here at least 2 times yearly, Bob the Manager, when we walk through the door, knows us by name, and is ready to help us get started on our vacation. The entire staff is VERY helpful, if you need anything they are on top of it!! The view cannot be beat, Very central located. I cannot say enough about this hotel, We will be returning every year, because we know what we are getting, clean rooms, great staff, and trust!! Thanks Bob, and all of ECONO staff, for ALWAYS GIVING US A WONDERFUL STAY!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Snug rooms and not the fanciest hotel on the beach, but definitely the friendliest we have found in our many years of visiting Virginia Beach.Bleaching

• Stayed: June 2012