This was our 2nd stay at the Econolodge and we will be back.
Staff is friendly & helpful. Housekeeping was ever-present & very accomodating. Facility is clean & well-maintained. Rooms are reasonably updated. We've stayed in Virginia Beach countless times (usually at the Day's Inn on 10th - another decent budget hotel, but not oceanfront), and this hotel offers more for your money than any of the others we've visited. If you want luxury, stay at the Hilton down the street, but if you want a nice basic room at a great price, with an oceanfront view, Econolodge can't be beat.
2nd & 3rd floors are ideal because they have private balconies - ground floor rooms are open to the lawn.
Pool is small but clean, very warm in season (86+ during our stays) and staff provides towels in the front office. Bike rentals are free, great deal! Continental breakfast in lobby 7-10 am consisted of bagels, danishes, muffins, 3 types of cereal, orange juice, coffee & hot tea assortment. Pretty basic but VERY convenient.
Exterior corridors are convenient for frequent trips to/from the beach. Who wants to mess around with an elevator when they're sandy & wet from swimming?
Location is ideal - the lower 20 streets tend to be noisier & less clean (higher traffic). Speaking of noise, you will notice early-morning noise from the beach as the beach is raked & garbage removed. Easily solved by running the AC for white noise.
Refrigerator, microwave & coffee maker were all clean & worked well.
Small comfortable & affordable hotels are sadly becoming a rarity on Va. Beach oceanfront as the big hotels move in. Hopefully the Econolodge will stick around for a long time to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of our rooms at the Econo Lodge on the Ocean are oceanfront with a private balcony or ground floor patio overlooking the beach and the boardwalk. You have a choice of two double beds or one king bed with sleeper sofa. Each is equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, in-room coffee maker, hairdryer, iron/board, and in-room safe. Hotel amenities include an outdoor heated swimming pool, free bicycles for our guests, and free high speed wireless internet access. A complimentary continental breakfast is served each morning from 7 to 10 AM. Our guest parking is on-site, 1 car per room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Econo Lodge on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge On The Ocean Hotel Virginia Beach
- Econolodge Virginia Beach
- Econo Lodge Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Econo Lodge