“Family Friendly and beautiful Hotel and wonderful service.”

Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St)
Ranked #28 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Setauket
“Family Friendly and beautiful Hotel and wonderful service.”
Reviewed April 30, 2010

The Holiday Inn was a great place to stay with small children. It was very clean and we asked for a non-smoking room and was given that because my daughter has servere allegies. The room was immaculate. We drive down to Myrtle Beach every year and we just happened to stop at this hotel on the way down. The location to resturantes was great and the attractions were there too. We stayed another day because we had such a great time and the hotel staff was curtious and helpful. The breakfast and dinner were awsome. We ate out on the patio and just watched the ocean view . So relaxing. The beach was right there. With small kids that was convient. We are not going to Myrtle Beach this year but are going to Virginia Beach and staying at the same hotel. We loved watching the Fireworks from our room and wouldn't have know about this if it wasn't for the hotel staff. The next morning the manager was at breakfast and asked if all was well. That was a really nice personal touch. You usually don't see the manager at a hotel. We can't wait to go back. We have found a new summer vacation place to go.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank setauket17

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Clearfield, Utah
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Stayed here in July of 2009 with my mom and 4 and 3 yr old for a week. We had a lovely room with two double beds and a balcony. The beds were incredibly comfortable and the small refrigerator was a godsend. The hotel is on the beach. The staff was very friendly and the restaurant was relatively good. The pool was small and there is a chlorine smell in the lobby due to the proximity of the pool to the lobby and elevators. We took lovely walks every evening and the kids had a blast.

Some people have said that the area was seedy but it didn't look any different than most of VA beach to me. The drive from the airport was quick and easy. There are grocery stores and pharmacies near by(off the main drag) that are less expensive. It was very convenient. I would definitely stay here again. I would suggest that they redecorate the lobby. It looked like something out of Miami Vice.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Siastar75
virginia beach
Reviewed March 30, 2010

What a great staff!!! the stay was amazing the girl at the front desk diana was really helpful and nice. i will be returning

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
warrenton, VA
Reviewed February 18, 2010

I have stayed at many Hotels in Virgina Beach, but the Holiday Inn Oceanside is the best. Rooms are clean, great view, with a central location on the boardwalk.

Hotel staff treats you like you are staying at the Ritz.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
virginia
Reviewed February 10, 2010

I love this hotel. The staff is always superb. They are always friendly and kind, they treat me like a memeber of thier family. They are knowledge able about the local area and whats going on in the area. I stay at this property frequently throughout the year and it's always great!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
chicago
Reviewed December 30, 2009

I really liked this hotel at first because of where it's located. Its in the center of everything and I was excited to take a little break from the holiday craze. When we checked in, the girl at the front desk looked unhappy to be there. (I think her name was Diane.) She didnt smile and didnt greet us. She was actually on her cell phone texting or doing something. Although she was fast at checking us in, it seemed like we were bothering her from her personal agenda. I didnt bother asking her any questions. When we got to the room, it was very clean and I loved the view. My husband and I decided to get a couple of drinks at the bar before heading back out. The bartender was nice and made friendly conversation. The front desk isnt too far from the bar where we were seated and I noticed that the rude unhappy desk girl got some visitors which changed her mood (finally). I couldnt help but think how unprofessional and unpleasant she was to look at. She left the desk and took pictures, her friends were in the lobby lounging, and she was not concerned about the volume of her voice. I could practically hear their entire conversation which consisted of what their plans for drinking were going to be. I understand the need for a social life but shouldnt that be left at home and not displayed at work? On our way out to venture the area, she of course ignored us and continued socializing with her friends. The rest of my stay was fine. Everyone else I encountered was friendly and attentive. She definitely left a bad taste in my mouth as far as first impressions. I will most likely return to virginia beach but may stay someplace else due to the front desk service I endured. Other than that, I liked the location and the view from my room.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wrk2beach
Maryland
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Myself and two co-workers had buisness in Norfolk and decided to stay in Virgina Beach which is a 20-25 minute drive away. This hotel is right on the beach and the price was great...$88 a night. We stayed for two nights and had no trouble finding parking at the hotel...granted it was during the week and offseason.

Jimmy at the front desk...awsome! He helped us with any stupid question we had...we had lots...

The room itself was great. Had a king bed, which was very comfortable, the floor was clean and it had a private balcony which I spent most of my free time on just watching people on the boardwalk and the dolphins swimming by in the ocean.

The only complaint I have is, there's no public "buisness center" where someone can use a computer or print out documents. Not a big deal but it sucks when you forget your laptop and need to look up e-mail or directions.

Other then that, this place was great and I'm definitly going back for a non-work visit.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business