We just returned from a wonderful vacation at Virginia Beach. Virginia beach is one the best, clean and secure beaches. It was not very crowded during the peak season.
Overall, the hotel is averagely clean and staff is nice. The bath rooms were the cleanest and had well maintained tiles. The TV is small. However, there are several nice hotels on the beach that I felt I would have been better option. But, this was not bad, just that I paid more than 200 for a room, that I don't think is worth that much. I wouldn't recommend their restaurant. They have *very* limited menu items and for vegetarians, don't even think about it. Their highly advertised kids eat free is just a joke. My kids told me that they would rather eat from the Subway infront of the hotel than eat in their restaurant.
As far as access to the beach, this is hotel is strategically located with access to everything. Given that they have a very limited parking next to hotel, I saw lot of musical chairs to grab a spot and once you got one, you don't want to leave and prefer to walk around or take $1 bus. The indoor swimming pool is very much next to the entrance and next to the beach side exit. It just doesn't give any privacy. But I hardly saw people swimming, given that their is enough water to play outside. The pool by itself is very small and if you are not careful, you could fall into the pool on one side. One of the side is just too narrow.
There are two elevators and 12 floors. We have been lucky most of the time to get elevator within few minutes of pushing the button. I highly recommend you to carry drinking water with you up the floor. Most of the time, the vending machines (on each floor) are sold out for water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Oceanside hotel in the heart of the Virginia Beach Resort District, a hotel especially designed to make your Virginia Beach vacation fun, comfortable and convenient. At the Holiday Inn Oceanside hotel, Virginia Beach, VA, all of our 150 rooms offer a beautiful oceanfront view of the coast and boardwalk with a large private balcony, refrigerator, coffee maker, free wireless high-speed Internet access, pay-per-view movies and HBO. Our guest rooms are perfect for family vacations, business travel or that special weekend getaway. Enjoy a delicious meal in your hotel room using our convenient room service or visit Key West Bar & Grill open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For your enjoyment we also have an oceanfront outdoor cafe for a relaxing meal overlooking the beach and the boardwalk. You are only seconds away from many of the main attractions that Virginia Beach Resort District has to offer such as the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center, Farm Bureau Live and the Virginia Beach Convention Center. Whether you are in Virginia Beach on business or pleasure, the Holiday Inn Oceanside Hotel is the perfect east coast oceanfront retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Oceanside (21st) Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn