“Outstanding customer service in dining room!”

Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St)
Ranked #26 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chester, Virginia
“Outstanding customer service in dining room!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We have stayed at all three locations in Virginia Beach and the service at the Holiday Inn Oceanside is outstanding! Tim Payne, server in the dining room was so great that even the kids noticed! We appreciated the service and pleasant attitudes of staff at the front desk, maintenance, and housekeeping too. Tim contacted maintenance and coordinated to have the ceiling sprinklers in the pool turned on! He managed also managed the complicated kids' meal orders. Going off season certainly has its perks - we would able to get late check-out and extra towels with no problem. We'll be back March 1st - Tim, get everyone ready for Noah and Katherine's return :)

Room Tip: Oceanview is always worth it. They were dredging the beach when we went in January and the hotel pr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for the comments pertaining to Tim and the staff. As a side note the Sand Replacement Project has been completed and the beach looks great. The effects of superstorm Sandy on the Virginia Beach area was centered around the fact we lost some of the beach front but now we look better than ever. Our prayers continue to go out to all of our families and friends still going through the aftermath. Again, thank you for the kind words about the staff and hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Powhatan, Virginia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Tim Payne is like an ambassador for the hotel. He provided amazing customer service. We were there during inclement weather. He made us feel at home and was always thinking ahead anticipating what we would need before we even had to ask. Thank you for providing such wonderful service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback about Tim our Restaurant/Bar supervisor. He has made a great addidtion to the staff and we are all proud of the service he, as well as the entire team provides to our guests.
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here just this past weekend for a 4 day weekend to surprise my sister who lives in VA beach for her bday. The hotel is just off interstate 264 and the location is in a nice part of the ocean front. The hotel was clean and the staff were super friendly. My room was nice and spacious with a coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge. The view was AWESOME! Every room has a balcony that faces the ocean which is a huge PLUS! I would definitely stay again!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor the view is spectacular
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the outstanding comments. You are also right we are at the end of 264 and once you park your car you can forget about it until you leave since we are in the middle of the Virginia Beach strip. The guest rooms have just been completely remodeled and we added a HDTV 32" in everyroom and currently have HD channels available for your watching pleasure.
Thank you again for noticing the change.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed January 21, 2013

After staying at a different Holiday Inn in Virginia Beach for years, I decided to try the Holiday Inn Oceanside based on its recent renovations. Prior to even arriving at the hotel, I was immediately impressed by the staff's responsiveness. Onur, the front desk manager, was incredibly helpful in assisting me in finding a local day spa. Upon my arrival, one of the staff, Tim, shared his local knowledge of the area in recommending places to go for dining and entertainment, resulting in a delicious meal at Tautogs and delightful evening of music at Murphys. The oceanfront rooms are large, comfortable, meticulous and nicely renovated. Despite the presence of construction equipment on the beachfront due to beach remediateion from Sandy, the stay was enjoyable. The delivery of a bottle of champagne to my room was a welcome surprise. The accomodations are great but the staff are the ones who have made this my new place to go when traveling to Virginia Beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for the nice feedback on two members of our team. The city (With Federal Funds) has finished restoring the beach after Sandy in front of our hotel and it looks better than I have ever seen. The view is just breath taking every morning watching the sun rise over the water and dophins playing. Now there is another event worth taking part of and that is the Whale watching tour that is available locally. Again thank you for the comments and hope to see you soon.
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel! I was here for work and couldn't feel more relaxed and at ease. Crystal, front desk girl, was extremely friendly and welcoming. She helped me when I needed cigarette and she was entertaining. Maria, the bartender, was really friendly too. She opened the bar early for me and I stayed there until closing. I talked to crystal and Maria all night. They made my stay exciting and fun. They were awesome. A cool place to stay because of them.

• Stayed January 2013
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for noticing and mentioning two of our associates because of the great service they provided you during your last stay at the hotel. I will be sharing your comments with the entire team as part of our bi-weekly associate rallies while handing them a special gift thanking them for their service. I agree they were awesome and make me proud to be their team leader. Thanks again.
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I loved staying here! After a long work week and the long drive to Virginia Beach, it was nice to get away and be able to relax. We were greeted by a very friendly front desk receptionist, Crystal. She was great and informative of the area and told us a few good places to eat. We were staying for a few days and tried most of her recommendations. Excellent suggestions. We were tired the first night so decided to eat downstairs in the restaurant. The young bartender, I think her name is Maria, was sweet, friendly, and attentive. She gave us a few good ideas on what to do around Virginia Beach and Norfolk. It was slow in the restaurant/bar so we talked for a while. I feel like she's family now. We came down for breakfast each morning too and Tim and our server were very friendly too. Tim was funny and he too gave us excellent restaurant suggestions. The food in the restaurant needs work its a little bland and not enough variety but with service like that you hardly notice. Our housekeeper was so cute and funny. Overall, a great experience at this hotel and we will definitely be back. Crystal, Maria, and Tim definitely went above and beyond to make sure we had a good vacation and for that I will definitely recommend this place to my friends and family! I look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Joe H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback about a few of our staff members. Sounds like Crystal, Maria, and Tim definitely went above and beyond to make sure you had a good vacation and for that I will definitely mention their names at our next associate staff rally so that we can all thank them. We look forward to your return to the beachfront and hope to see you soon. Again, thank you for the kind words and comments.
Kilmarnock, Virginia
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while she had surgery. The hotel room was spacious and a wonderful lodging to aid in her recovery. The hotel staff was outstanding. My wife did not have much of an appetite after surgery and the front desk went out of its way to find some fresh fruit for her (at not charge). When we left for the hospital, the lady at the front desk wished us well and said she would pray for my wife.

Our stay was a wonderful, wonderful experience. We would STRONGLY recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for kind and courteous attention and spacious rooms. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the room included a small kitchen with a refrigerator and microwave. We definitely will stay here again. The hotel is also convenient to everything and is family friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Please give your wife our best wishes and speedy recovery from from her friends at the Oceanside Holiday Inn. Anytime that you need a getaway just give us a call. Thanks for the comments about the staff and hotel.