“Once again I must say, "we'll be back!"”

Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St)
Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 14, 2011

From Quebec City the drive takes 15 to 16 hours, and it is just so nice to know that you are going to be in a very nice hotel where you can park your car( parking included) and sit back! A spot in the center of the "Beach Street USA" action, street performers, boutiques restaurants...yet once through the doors one feels as though they are at home. The staff members are smiling and friendly and very professionnal, ready to react to your requests. Children (under 12) eat free at the onsite restaurant which serves a good plate. Here are my thanks to Ms Collins and to Jimmy whose smile and attitude has drawn me back again and again!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dedenQuebecCity_
jkinane, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2011

Dear dedenQuebecCity_,

Thank you for taking the time to provide positive feed back about your stay at the Holiday Inn Oceanside. It's great to hear that we keep exceeding your expectations of our property and keep you coming back year after year. I will share your comments with our staff and look forward to seeing you next year when you vacation in Virginia Beach, VA.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

The bartender,Bishop is the best.We will be back because of him!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Dear umbrelladrinks88,

Thank you for writing about review about your great experience at the Holiday Inn Oceanside. I will make sure to share your comments Mike Bishop about your experience at our newly renovated Key West Restaurant & Bar.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed here from a Friday to Sunday with a large group of friends. We had 2 rooms with double beds and 1 king suite. I was a bit nervous about the hotel after reading some older reviews but the hotel was recently renovated and is fabulous now! The rooms were are all clean and spacious, especially the king suite. The have an empty minifridge which is very handy. All the rooms are oceanfront... we were on an upper level and the veiw was great. The hotel is located right in the middle of the boardwalk which makes it very easy to get around.
We did eat breakfast at the hotel restaurant one time and it was good. Only about $12 and included drinks, hot and cold foods, and a waffle and omlet station. Definitely recommended!
The only downside is that the pool is not very big but with an ocean out front and none of us having small children this did not affect our stay at all. Also there are no safes in the rooms but the front desk told me they have safes at the front desk (did not bother to check these out).
The front desk was very accomodating and patient with out multiple questions. Being a priority club member (which is free) we had late check out. We also called ahead and got early check in and rooms all very close to each other.
Overall, this was a great stay and I would definitely plan to stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank misty_mountain_hop
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed here for a weekend during the sand soccer tournament '11 and had a great experience. The "kids eat free" deal at the restaurant in the hotel was great. Awesome service by restaurant manager Mike, Bar tender Bishop and the front desk help. Indoor pool hit the spot, location was perfect, and the restaurant food for the price was outstanding!! $8 for a Grouper sandwich or $9 for Fish Tacos was an easy way to unwind after the day on the beach. The room was good quality - clean, mini fridge, FREE WIFI, good shower with strong water pressure. Nice job Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Dear 64paulie64,

Thank you for taking the time and writing you review about your stay at the Holiday Inn Oceanside. I'm glad to hear that the encounters with our staff were more the exceptional throughout your stay. I will make sure to share your thoughts with our whole staff. We look forward to seeing you during your next vacation to Virginia Beach, VA.

Reviewed June 11, 2011

Stayed with my husband on business trip. 7th floor room, bed was comfortable and pillows were better than average, room was clean and comfortable.

Pool was tiny and not up to much, doesn't look as nice as shown in some of the photos. We had friends in the Holiday Inn at North Beach which has just been refurbished, that hotel was much more family friendly with a nice outdoor pool area.

So, ok for business but I'd choose another one if I were to return with my children.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank thehorticulturalist
jkinane, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2011

Dear Thehorticulturalist,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Oceanside. I’m glad to hear our hotel could accommodate all your needs during your business trip. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed June 10, 2011

first when I arrived I found that my reservation was cancelled . Later I found out it was by the hotel which I was to get in at a low rate. After driving almost 9 hours I had no choice but to book. Paid top dollar and the quality of the Hotel was not what you would expect of a IHG hotel. Found faults in my rooms as far as cleanliness and in the breakfast area there was no effort to keep it clean and appealing to the eye.
After talking with management the next morning they made no effort to resolve my problem or walk out of their feeling somewhat happy.
Did not use the pool area so I cannot comment on that.
I was refunded for their mistake but will never take the chance to stay their again. Be prepared and make sure you have your confirmation # just in case.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lakenan

Dear Lakenan,

Thank for your time in providing feedback about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Oceanside. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory at our property. I would like to take the time and discuss this matter personally with you. Please contact me at the hotel directly at 757-491-1500.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

This was the only hotel that had ok reviews on Tripadvisor that I could get using my frequent flier miles. I stayed in this hotel many many years ago and remember how run down it was. I wasn't expecting much but was just hoping to not see any roaches in my room. The check in process was initially bad. The young girl seemed completely lost and then told me at 3:15pm that no rooms were ready. She very slowly made her way to asking another employee who ended up having a room available. The room was actually very nice. Everything was very clean and in working order. The beds were extremely comfortable and clean. The bar area and outdoor seating was very nice and convenient as well. I only had breakfast at the restaurant which was ok. It wasn't very convenient that you have to park across the street. There is very limited parking in the hotel. The parking lot across the street is very small so it takes a while to pull in and out because you have to make quite an effort not to hit other vehicles. it is a very busy corner. There were evangelists on the corner with a bull horn screaming about the world coming to an end and holding up signs. According to the hotel, this is a nightly occurence.
All in all, I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. I would stay here again if it was off season. It was a little crowded for me.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Candice22

Dear Candice22,

Thank you for taking the time and providing us feedback about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Oceanside. I'm glad to hear that we were able to change your view of our property. We look forward to seeing you in the offseason.