We stayed here during the Shamrock Marathon 2011 and unfortunately it was going through some renovations. For the most part, I would not count that against a hotel that was trying to improve itself but most of the renovations were taking place in the restaurant area.
Service- The front desk was helpful, friendly and quick to check you in.
Parking- If you wanted to park at the hotel, you have to get there early or hopefully get lucky. They do have a secondary lot across the street but they do allow you to get your stuff up to your room if you have to park there. Depending on time of year you go, this could be somewhat of a zoo. If you do get lucky and get a premium parking slot,
stay there! The nice part is that most restaurants and some sights are within walking distance.
Room- Small but clean. All rooms are ocean front which is fantastic which overlook the boardwalk. Only caveat is that if its a busy weekend, you could hear the occasional drunken bufoons who like to be rather loud at night on the boardwalk (if you like to keep the patio door open to listen to the waves). Unfortunately, we had the rather loud idiots who decided to stop underneath the hotel for a spell. The bathrooms were small but clean and stocked. The hot water was a trick to get it working right for the shower. It seemed to be at extremes. It was difficult to get it just right. The room was also a bit dated. It had a tube TV with marginal reception. Many of the channels came in below standard def. You would think by now they would have some decent flat screen panels with some good quality reception for their channels. Good array of outlets if you had to plug in an iPhone or laptop. The Wifi was marginal but nothing to write home about. It had a small refrig but not microwave. The heating/AC was a bit loud when it came on.
The continental breakfast was barely ok. Standard fare. Coffee was available, if it was made. Bagels, cereal, the usual.
Pool area. It was ok. The jacuzzi tub was warm but could've been a couple degrees warmer. The area around the jacuzzi had either what was mold or a chemical reaction to the water/chemicals they put in the water. In any event it was green. They could've done a better job keeping it clean even if it wasn't mold. You don't have to use your room towels as towels are provided, so a plus there.
Odds and ends. Direct access to the boardwalk. They did offer some 20% coupons for a few surrounding restaurant due to the construction.
Overall impression: Would stay there again if in a pinch. It wasn't bad but not sure I would stay there for a whole week. A long weekend would be about perfect . That's what we did for the race.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Oceanside hotel in the heart of the Virginia Beach Resort District, a hotel especially designed to make your Virginia Beach vacation fun, comfortable and convenient. At the Holiday Inn Oceanside hotel, Virginia Beach, VA, all of our 150 rooms offer a beautiful oceanfront view of the coast and boardwalk with a large private balcony, refrigerator, coffee maker, free wireless high-speed Internet access, pay-per-view movies and HBO. Our guest rooms are perfect for family vacations, business travel or that special weekend getaway. Enjoy a delicious meal in your hotel room using our convenient room service or visit Key West Bar & Grill open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For your enjoyment we also have an oceanfront outdoor cafe for a relaxing meal overlooking the beach and the boardwalk. You are only seconds away from many of the main attractions that Virginia Beach Resort District has to offer such as the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center, Farm Bureau Live and the Virginia Beach Convention Center. Whether you are in Virginia Beach on business or pleasure, the Holiday Inn Oceanside Hotel is the perfect east coast oceanfront retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Oceanside (21st) Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn