La Quinta Inn Norfolk Virginia Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewscredit unionla quintasroom was cleanhard boiled eggsfriendly hotelconvenient locationfree breakfastkey cardyogurtstaying at this hotelwould stay here againstaff was very friendly and helpfullqpetsnorfolkratesaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My wife and I had a chance to get away for the weekend so we decided to go to the beach. I am a rewards member and picked the Virginia Beach/ Norfolk hotel. We were glad to get a room close to the beach at a reasonable rate. The hotel was 15 min from the beach and it was quite accessible to the freeway. All we needed was a place to sleep so we could enjoy the beach. This hotel provided exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Needed a safe, clean, good price hotel, all I was asking for. I have booked through Hotels.com several times and been fine. Stayed at La Quinta Inn before and been fine. This one was horrible. Arrived about 10:00 pm and was asked for a credit card to have on file. I told the guy I wanted to pay cash when I checked out he said no problem only holding no charged charged until I check out. Very noisy, nasty, nasty carpet all through hotel, smelled horrible. I had no choice but to stay, no other options available at the time. I did not feel safe, heard people walking all through the night up and down the hallways. Breakfast are was not even clean enough to feel like I could feed my kids. When I went to check out the clerk told me the rate quoted by hotels.com was wrong, they always charge full rate on weekends had already charged my credit card and would not credit my account to let me pay with cash. I was totally disgusted with the customer service and hotel. NEVER STAY at this hotel or any La quinta Inn again. Terrible way to treat families.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Wanda B
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Have stayed at this location many times over the years mostly for business reasons. I have had good experiences with LaQuinta in the past at many locations including this one. I was surprised to find that this location had not kept up its quality of presentation both from the first impression when arriving to the less than cleanliness of the hallways, bathrooms and general maintenance of the operations. The people were wonderful but this location needs a big overhaul.....

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Mitch N
Reviewed June 25, 2014

The staff is warm, accommodating and welcoming. The room was clean, cool and comfortable and the location was very convenient. My dog and I were traveling to visit family in the area and needed a pet friendly location. This hotel fit the bill perfectly. I only knew there were other pets in the facility if one of them made a noise when I walked by their door because this older building is solidly built, so I had no disturbing sounds from adjacent rooms. There are nice sidewalk areas to stretch the dog's legs near the hotel. For easy meals, there's a Denny's right next door and a Ruby Tuesday across the street. The swimming pool doesn't have much atmosphere or privacy the way it is smack dab in the parking lot, but it is well maintained and a nice break from the heat. I can't say enough about the staff. Everybody from the front desk to the housekeeping and maintenance staff made me and my dog feel welcome and safe during our stay. I would stay here again and felt that I got my money's worth.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank FLBirdGirl
Reviewed June 10, 2014

we chose this hotel as it was close to the light rail. It was okay to stay for overnight but would not elect to stay for any longer than that. The room had a musty stale odor and the bathroom was very small and had paint on the tub. Although the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple