“Clean Room, good price, most important: PETS ALLOWED”

La Quinta Inn Norfolk Virginia Beach
Ranked #54 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for about three years now and have always been pleased with the room and service. I only need the room to sleep so I haven't spent a lot of time in the room, but I've always found the beds comfortable and linens and room clean. I stay at this property because they allow pets. I do keep my small dog crated while I'm there and clean up after him when I walk him. I hope everyone else with pets does the same. This hotel does a great job in it's price range.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very friendly staff. They did not charge extra for our pet. Nice breakfast included. Great beds.All good. Will stay here again. Denny's next door is open 24hrs, yea. There is a bar within walking distance. What more needs to be said. Off to the beach!!

A La Quinta traveler
Jersey City, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed September 30, 2013

1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We arrived to people sitting outside on their cars, area looked alright until 5 pm, I found out we stayed in the ghetto. The rooms were nice except for the shower their was mildew and blood on the ceiling just a speck. We had our baby with us and as we went to the third floor across from us were pot smokers the whole hall was filled with smoke it smelled like a skunk had died, we had to seriously run from the elevator to our room because we didn't want our child to get some in her face. Area isn't safe to go outside at night a lone. We loved the bed it was so comfy.

Room Tip: make reservations a month in advance for a beach front room so you don't get stuck with this pla...
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were very surprised to see how close the hotel was to the beach. There were indoor and outdoor pools that unfortunately we did not get to use. The staff was great. The girl who checked us in was very nice and was able to tell us where to grab dinner and drinks nearby. Vanessa was a pleasure and very informative. The one thing I would have to say could be a downside for some people is the amount of people staying there with animals. If you have allergies you might have a tough time. On the last day of my stay I did have a flea jump on me so I wasn't too happy about that, but all and all it was a great stay and we enjoyed out time here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This place was a stopover from my business trip from NY to FL.

The hotel is really nice. It was pretty close to the beach and convenient to many of the restaurants.

The free breakfast was great too. One word...Waffles!!

There were a lot of pets staying here but we didn't hear a peep from them.

I'd come back again for a longer stay.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Columbia, Maryland, USA
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had a great room, very clean and quiet. Location was excellent - easy to get on and off the highway exit. Breakfast was included in the price. I got more than my money's worth. I will come back here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo