I booked this hotel based on location and price, not really knowing what to expect. The night before we left for VA Beach, I happened upon this website and almost had a panic attack after reading all the bad reviews. By then it was too late to cancel. I arrived at the hotel with low expectations and a bag of cleaning supplies. Our room wasn't all that bad, even though it was a smoking room (they didn't have any non-smoking available). We were on the first floor and I was happy with the location of our room. Once we entered our room, I spent 5 minutes bleaching and cleaning the bathroom and sink area (the toliet seat wasn't clean) and spraying the room down with Lysol and Febreeze. I strippped the bed coverings off the bed and threw them in a corner. There were only a couple other problems with the room....the phone was completely dead (no problem, we had our cell phones) and one of the beds had been broken and put on a thrown-together wooden "frame" that stuck out several inches from the bed and was complete with nasty nails and metal "things" sticking out. I put my suitcase there so my young son wouldn't injure himself. Other than that....the location of the Ramada Limited was awesome! We could see the ocean and the Neptune sculpture from our room. We could easily walk to the beach, restaurants, shops, Starbucks, etc...within minutes. The Neptune park had live music each night and was very family friendly. Parking was fine and we didn't have to drive at all during our stay. Overall we had a great time in VA Beach and we are even talking about returning next year. I would consider staying at the Ramada again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the hub of Virginia Beach, the Neptune Park Inn is across Atlantic Avenue from the Boardwalk and beach. Across the street is Neptune's Park where weekly live performances and events take place from spring to fall. Shops, restaurants, and a variety of activities are all at your doorstep. Relax and enjoy our Roof Top Pool, plus the kids have their very own pool! From our Roof Top Sun Deck you can take in the thrilling view of the beach and all the live action at King Neptune's Park. Among the activities, you'll find swimming, surfing, fishing, golf, tennis, and boating---more than enough for everyone in the family. The Inn has 94 rooms, some upgraded to include microwaves and refrigerators. Free parking, Free Wireless Internet, and every room has an in-room safe, Coffee maker, Hairdryer, Iron, and Television with Cable/HBO/ESPN. Handicapped-accessible rooms are also available. You'll love the view from our Roof Top Pool and Sun Deck. But best of all, you'll love our location and great rates! BREAKFAST IS NOT INCLUDED! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Neptune Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neptune Park Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Limited Atlantic Avenue
- Ramada Virginia Beach