My husband and I were traveling to VA Beach for our 1 year anniversary. We've never been there before, and thought it would be a nice extended weekend getaway. We weren't looking to spend a ton of money on our hotels, but we wanted something near the beach. This hotel was offering $99 a night for King sized 'recently renovated' rooms. I was a little skeptical about the hotel based on reviews, but my husband called and booked the room. He requested a room away from the elevator, and a newly renovated king size room.
He checked in before looking at the room (we just drove 8 hours and we figured it would be okay). We went up the very small, smelly elevator and right when we got out on the 5th floor, our room was right there! Exactly where we requested it not to be.
We went in, and the room looked like it was renovated- 25 years ago! It was disgusting- sand all over the place, hair in the tub, and just old and outdated. I didnt even want to sit on the bed.
We checked out about 30 minutes later after finding an oceanview room at Sandcastle Hotel- right on the beach and cheaper! The front desk woman told my husband we would be refunded for the 1st night (we were already charged in full). Its been over 2 weeks and we still have not received that refund. The manager is supposed to call us but we haven't gotten that either.
Don't stay here! Sandcastle Hotel was much nicer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the hub of Virginia Beach, the Neptune Park Inn is across Atlantic Avenue from the Boardwalk and beach. Across the street is Neptune's Park where weekly live performances and events take place from spring to fall. Shops, restaurants, and a variety of activities are all at your doorstep. Relax and enjoy our Roof Top Pool, plus the kids have their very own pool! From our Roof Top Sun Deck you can take in the thrilling view of the beach and all the live action at King Neptune's Park. Among the activities, you'll find swimming, surfing, fishing, golf, tennis, and boating---more than enough for everyone in the family. The Inn has 94 rooms, some upgraded to include microwaves and refrigerators. Free parking, Free Wireless Internet, and every room has an in-room safe, Coffee maker, Hairdryer, Iron, and Television with Cable/HBO/ESPN. Handicapped accessible rooms are also available. You'll love the view from our Roof Top Pool and Sun Deck. But best of all, you'll love our location and great rates! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Neptune Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neptune Park Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Limited Atlantic Avenue
- Ramada Virginia Beach