I booked my travel plans late, and was a little concerned when I read some of the reviews for the Ramada Limited at Virginia Beach, but being that I couldn't find oceanfront on a holiday weekend with only a few days notice I decided to take my chances. I was pleasantly suprised, being on the 5th floor we did have a nice ocean view (had to look past a few parking lots), plus the new Neptune Park and Statue were in view and earshot of the nightly entertainment. The staff were very cordial and helpful, assisting with giving us delivery menus from local pizza joints, the necessary bracelet for the child identity program for lost little ones, directions to trolly stops and other points of interest, and even a band aid when we had a late night boo boo and everything was closed. The WiFi (wireless internet) worked fine, and the desk attendent even asked how my experience was with it, as if he was truly concerned, as some patrons had reported problems in the past, although I had absolutely none. The pool was small, but we didn't really use it, just went up to check it out, it appeared clean and sanitary (coming from a long time home pool owner). What we and the kids liked best was that while you could see the ocean, you could also see the nightlife on Atlantic Ave, unlike when you are oceanfront and all you see is the water. Housekeeping could use a little improvement, while all we requested was the trash changed and the bathroom cleaned, they didn't clean the bathroom once the entire time we stayed, and if you can imagine with 4 kids it was pretty sandy by the time we checked out, a quick sweep or vac of the bathroom floor and a wipe down with new towels would have satisfied us. The fridge and microwave were great for keeping the kids stocked in drinks and snacks. All togehter is was a good experience, and a good value. We would stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the hub of Virginia Beach, the Neptune Park Inn is across Atlantic Avenue from the Boardwalk and beach. Across the street is Neptune's Park where weekly live performances and events take place from spring to fall. Shops, restaurants, and a variety of activities are all at your doorstep. Relax and enjoy our Roof Top Pool, plus the kids have their very own pool! From our Roof Top Sun Deck you can take in the thrilling view of the beach and all the live action at King Neptune's Park. Among the activities, you'll find swimming, surfing, fishing, golf, tennis, and boating---more than enough for everyone in the family. The Inn has 94 rooms, some upgraded to include microwaves and refrigerators. Free parking, Free Wireless Internet, and every room has an in-room safe, Coffee maker, Hairdryer, Iron, and Television with Cable/HBO/ESPN. Handicapped-accessible rooms are also available. You'll love the view from our Roof Top Pool and Sun Deck. But best of all, you'll love our location and great rates! BREAKFAST IS NOT INCLUDED! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Neptune Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neptune Park Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Limited Atlantic Avenue
- Ramada Virginia Beach