“Birthday & Anniversary Celebration”
Review of Neptune Park Inn

Neptune Park Inn
Ranked #102 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
New York City, New York
“Birthday & Anniversary Celebration”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Do not stay at this bug infested and filthy dump.
Front desk staff was rude upon arrival, I should have realized this was the beginning of a nightmare. Lobby smelled like garbage. Rooms were filthy upon arrival, bedding was torn, I was scared because my room door looked like it was broken into. I slept with my suitcase up against the door. Still waiting for the manager to send a refrigerator up to my room after requesting one 60 days in advance. Internet never works. I checked out 5 days before my time. The rude clerk at the front desk called her gang members to fight my husband because he asked about the Internet. This hotel needs to be closed down or get help from Hotel Impossible. Everyone that checked in checked out the following day. Do not stay at this hotel even if you are desperate.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
4 Thank Judith B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Parkersburg, West Virginia
Reviewed August 14, 2013

It was in a great location but the rooms were ehh, and the elevator was scary to say the least. The free breakfast was of just your basic cereal and plan beagles. There was a HUGE cockroach that was in the elevator with us at one point. I will was that the staff was very friendly and helpful but next time i will pay the extra 30 a night for a nicer place.

7 Thank Holly W
Henderson, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a great location with a lot of things to do, concert stage across street ,able to walk to the beach , a lot of places and shops and places to eat in walking distance, but the staff was lazy and didn't care ,They did not clean our room the whole time we were there, we got there on Thursday the 8th to the 11th of August 2013 ..The elevator was small hot and shook when it stopped at the floors and broke down twice. I had to get my own towels and washrags every day, and empty my own trash, and the toilet was stopped up and when we told the front desk we were brought a plunger and had to plung the toilet every time we used it and I had 2 little kids with me .We asked them for another room but they were booked up they said , and to top it all off they charged my debt card 100 dollars to much and they gave me a stupid excuse that it was a hold on my card till I checked out, and they said they would give me a credit of 50 because I had to plung my toilet , witch is nothing for what we went through, and I have not seen any of it as of yet , A vacation I thought, was so you can rest and relax ,,but I had to clean my room and hunt down towels and washrags and toilet paper and plung a stopped up toilet every time we used it ..
I would not recommend this place to anyone , it has good rates but I would pay a little more rather than go through this again..

Room Tip: Don't go there .
7 Thank decollinsdhttk
Upstate New York
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I read a lot of bad reviews on this place however I must say for just sleeping and showering and spending the rest of the day at the beach, it was worth the money. We checked all the surrounding hotels and the prices were almost double of the Neptune Park Inn. Yes, the place is a little outdated and run down however this was perfect for our low budget vacation! This hotel is across the street from the beach but we still had a great view! The rooms, though a little worn, were clean and spacious enough. Our A/C was ice cold and we had a nice ocean view balcony. The staff was very pleasant and the hotel had a beautiful roof top pool! I would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
Elkton, Maryland, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed from 8/4-8/7th (2013) for our anniversary and we had a wonderful time!! After reading the reviews I was a little worried. The hotel was perfect for what we needed. Beach access was great and the location is amazing. It's right next to Neptune Park which had live bands each night we were there. The rooftop pool was very cool and refreshing! We went night swimming and heard the Wailers perform right below us.

A lot of people on here complained about the breakfast. I'm not really sure what they were expecting, but they had bagels, mini muffins, cereal, fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, juices, and coffee. If you want something else I'd bring it yourself. (My husband and I brought everything bagels and peaches so we always enjoyed the breakfast.) The food goes quickly but the staff does a wonderful job replenishing the food and keeping the area clean. Some hotels don't offer breakfast so if it's free- don't complain.

My husband and I didn't spend A LOT of time in the room so it didn't need to be real crazy. We didn't have a refrigerator or microwave, but we brought a big cooler to serve that purpose and there's a microwave downstairs anyway.

For the price (we paid $91/night through a booking website) it was all we needed. If you're high maintenance I guess try somewhere else but for the value you can't beat it. I will def. plan on staying here again in the future. It saved us a lot of money so that we were able to go out and do other things and enjoy ourselves.

The ONLY recommendation I have is to request a room on a higher floor. We were on the second floor and the view kinda sucked because the balcony didn't have the bars and ours was on the end (if you look at the pic. of the hotel you'll know what I mean). If we stay here again I'm going to request a room on the 3-5 floor to get a better view of the gorgeous beach!

Room Tip: Bring a cooler incase you don't have a fridge and request a higher floor to get a better view of...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Megan R
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

After reading the reviews I was very skeptical about staying here. However, based on room tips I asked for a room on the 5th floor at the end of the left side of building. The view was wonderful. We could see the ocean very clearly from our room, not exactly the same as being on the boardwalk but still nice. When I checked in I was overcharged for my room. Luckily, I knew how much it should be and after explaining everything to the front desk clerk she refunded me $69.00. Be aware of the total before you go! The staff that I encountered were all very nice. The rooftop pool was not huge but had a great view.They have have a superb maintenance man(I wish I would have gotten his name). Our breakfast was adequate and had everything I expected for a FREE continental breakfast. We had fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, coffee. juice, bagels, toast and other pastries every morning. The breakfast lady does a fantastic job keeping up with everything especially cleaning and is a very hard worker. I would suggest staying on the fourth floor. It seemed cleaner than the fifth. The elevator was a bit slow and had lots of air in the hydraulics causing it to bounce every time it stopped. Check in was very fast for us. We arrived around two and checked in right away. The bathroom is very small. At first glance the room is fairly clean, however we found paper, fruit loops and other things under the bed. Our sheets were nice and clean. The beds were comfy. The room had a good bit of storage for five girl's :). The internet connection is NOT good. Any time we had a request for extra towels, toilet tissue or anything else they were very quick in responding. :) We did find two live bugs(dead now) in our room that we believe may have been roaches. If it weren't for the bugs I would stay here again. I felt overall it was a good value for the price I paid. Booking.com offers the best prices at this hotel. I hope this review is helpful. I have stayed in many hotels over the years so I tried to give a very detailed review.

Room Tip: Rooms on left side of building have the best beach view however there is a BP gas station right outs...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed here for a cheer convention in May. The weather was still cool so there was not a lot going on at the beach. This hotel is actually directly across the street from the beach but you can still see the beach from your room. Check-in was very slow, only one person working the desk, and the room was not very clean. We found a beer bottle under the bed and the bathroom tub was dirty and super small! The only good thing about this location is its proximity to the beach and the Neptune concert stage and statue. But if you have some extra money, find a nicer spot!

• Stayed May 2013