My husband and I stayed from 8/4-8/7th (2013) for our anniversary and we had a wonderful time!! After reading the reviews I was a little worried. The hotel was perfect for what we needed. Beach access was great and the location is amazing. It's right next to Neptune Park which had live bands each night we were there. The rooftop pool was very cool and refreshing! We went night swimming and heard the Wailers perform right below us.
A lot of people on here complained about the breakfast. I'm not really sure what they were expecting, but they had bagels, mini muffins, cereal, fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, juices, and coffee. If you want something else I'd bring it yourself. (My husband and I brought everything bagels and peaches so we always enjoyed the breakfast.) The food goes quickly but the staff does a wonderful job replenishing the food and keeping the area clean. Some hotels don't offer breakfast so if it's free- don't complain.
My husband and I didn't spend A LOT of time in the room so it didn't need to be real crazy. We didn't have a refrigerator or microwave, but we brought a big cooler to serve that purpose and there's a microwave downstairs anyway.
For the price (we paid $91/night through a booking website) it was all we needed. If you're high maintenance I guess try somewhere else but for the value you can't beat it. I will def. plan on staying here again in the future. It saved us a lot of money so that we were able to go out and do other things and enjoy ourselves.
The ONLY recommendation I have is to request a room on a higher floor. We were on the second floor and the view kinda sucked because the balcony didn't have the bars and ours was on the end (if you look at the pic. of the hotel you'll know what I mean). If we stay here again I'm going to request a room on the 3-5 floor to get a better view of the gorgeous beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the hub of Virginia Beach, the Neptune Park Inn is across Atlantic Avenue from the Boardwalk and beach. Across the street is Neptune's Park where weekly live performances and events take place from spring to fall. Shops, restaurants, and a variety of activities are all at your doorstep. Relax and enjoy our Roof Top Pool, plus the kids have their very own pool! From our Roof Top Sun Deck you can take in the thrilling view of the beach and all the live action at King Neptune's Park. Among the activities, you'll find swimming, surfing, fishing, golf, tennis, and boating---more than enough for everyone in the family. The Inn has 94 rooms, some upgraded to include microwaves and refrigerators. Free parking, Free Wireless Internet, and every room has an in-room safe, Coffee maker, Hairdryer, Iron, and Television with Cable/HBO/ESPN. Handicapped accessible rooms are also available. You'll love the view from our Roof Top Pool and Sun Deck. But best of all, you'll love our location and great rates! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Neptune Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neptune Park Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Limited Atlantic Avenue
- Ramada Virginia Beach