“Great Location and Excellent Staff!”
Review of Neptune Park Inn

Neptune Park Inn
Ranked #102 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The hotel is in an excellent location and has a great staff. I was greeted upon arrival and every staff member I encountered was very pleasant and helpful. The hotel is just right across the street from the beach and the view from the rooftop pool is beautiful. There are plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance of the hotel. The rooms are a little out dated but everything was clean and in good working condition. I am sure that you can pay twice as much for one of the fancier hotels along the oceanfront but if you are looking for a nice, comfortable, and affordable place to stay while you are at the beach then this hotel is a great option.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Although this hotel had a very nice staff I would never stay there again, very dirty!, elevator did not work, ceiling falling down, bed frame broken, phone did not work, water pooled in the stairwell, I could go on and on...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
14  Thank Bill H
richardmurphy005, Manager at Neptune Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Thank you for providing us with your honest feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Neptune Park Inn. I am glad to read that you noticed my staff's focus on service and attempt to provide you with an enjoyable experience.
We strive to resolve all issues immediately but sometimes we fall short on resolving them in time. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay.
We hope that we may welcome you back to our hotel in the future, and provide you with an absolutely exceptional stay! Since your stay we have resolved the elevator issue. Unfortunately with a roof top pool, guests travelling via the stairs tend to lead to dripping bathing suits causing water in the stairs. I have pulled up your room records and we have fixed the broken bed frame and phone in the room you stayed in. If you have the opportunity please contact me concerning the cleanliness issues experienced during your stay as we would like to resolve these as well. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to avoid any issues in the future. Also please feel free to let me know if you may have any further questions or concerns. Thank you again for providing us with this feedback, and have a great day!

Richard Murphy| General Manager
Neptune Park Inn | Virginia Beach
richard.murphy@neptuneparkinn.com

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Used the hotel due to its location, right at the start of the Shamrock 8K and very close to the marathon. The hotel had just opened and there was a lot that needed work. Staff and management were very nice and helpful. Our room was on the first floor and had to go outside to get to our room. The room is advertised as having a roll-in shower but was a transfer shower, about a 3x3 size. Had to back the shower chair in and feet were sticking out. Removed the shower chair legs and used the bathroom trash can to hold the curtain in and keep the water from coming out on the floor. The bathroom was huge, just wish they had made the shower larger. The room was too small for two people when one is in a wheelchair but we worked around it. We were comfortable, near restaurants (Greek restaurant right near entrance), very close to grocery stores and laundry.

Room Tip: If you require a roll in shower, be aware that it is a very small (transfer) shower.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank An073093
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This was my husband and I first time in VA beach...booked this hotel online...we were renewing our vows...35 years with our family also staying there...great views, excellant location...but...we arrived Sept. 29th...pool was already shut down for the season...which we didn't know..our bathroom had holes in the wall where the toliet paper holder once was...and found out that it was the last weekend it would be open until spring..of course we could tell..my daughter and her 10 month old twins arrive and their air conditioning in the room didn't work...had to drag all their stuff to another room...hallways were not clean and the breakfast in the morning was not very good...had to leave and go find something to eat...would I stay there again...no.....very old and needs many updates..didn't feel safe..also free internet didn't happen..was told to find the strongest signal and connect to that..ummm...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank terry b
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We went to the beach for a nice weekend getaway as a couple; the weather was yucky, but our room was very nice. For 89 dollars, we had a very nice room with an awesome view of the ocean and a balcony. Everywhere else I called was at least 119, and that was for an interior room with no window or view. We really enjoyed our stay here. The room was very clean, the linens were nice, and the view was awesome. We kept the door to the balcony open most of the night so we could hear the ocean. Ask for a room on the fifth floor with an ocean view. Overall though this place was great. They had a continental breakfast as well, which most hotels at the beach do not, so that was nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the fifth floor with an ocean view. The ocean is directly across the street, and...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ashley H
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I found alot comments ridiculous,this place is very affordable, I paid $165 the night,I went there with my husband a todler and a baby, the staff very nice persons, the housekeepers doing their best,my husband is a coffe lover and the housekeeper was every day with the coffe and clean towells.thanks! I recomended this place.!!!Hey guys if you want a very clean,fancy s place spend more money dont be stupid with your comments saying about the elevator,parking lot.!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
5  Thank 12,900
Reviewed September 13, 2011

When we walked in the door I knew it was not for us. When we got to the room it had an overwhelming smell of roach spray. When we walked through the door of the room, my immediate reaction was "I am not staying here". This is a honest review. My girlfriend and I did a day at the beach and had booked this hotel, we should have listened to the negative reviews. We demanded our money back and got it! She tried to give it the benefit of the doubt, but I told her she could stay there. I was not! I did not touch anything in that room. I could not believe how dirty it was. I know it is not the Hilton, but I have stayed at the Hilton not to mention several motels and they were not as dirty as this. I was not going to bring something home I did not leave with. I have to be comfortable in my surroundings. We ended up without a room from 1:30pm until 10:30pm that evening and that is when the found the Royal Clipper and we snatched it up and the price was the same. Much better. I do care about where I lay my head, it did have a nice view of the ocean. But other than that I would not let my black lab stay in that filth.

Room Tip: Do the research when booking rooms for a trip. I must say that sometimes you have to find out for y...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends