“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Leesburg
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Had my 2 grandchildren with me at the Sheraton.....right on the beach, indoor and outdoor pool...what more can you want. They loved it! We ate in the restaurant 3 times...dinner especially was excellent. Room was very clean and everyone on staff was extremely helpful. My only complaint which I know they can't change was the size of the elevators and number....it took quite a while to get where you were going, but that is a small thing!!! Young men who did the valet were absolutely great...very friendly and accommodating!!!

Room Tip: If you are not going to be in the room much, select a cheaper one.
Green Features: Not changing towels daily makes very good sense,,people don't use new towels daily at home
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am happy to hear you and your grandchildren had such a fun time while staying at the hotel. We really hope we get to see you guys in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Locust Grove, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

Room was perfect, the Staff are some of the friendliest in the business. Food and beverage above and beyond. Location on the boardwalk is with in walking distance to most shopping and dining. We will be back! Pet friendly

Room Tip: Ocean front for a never ending view
Green Features: Organic local foods and beverages,recycles waste. Measures energy use, local plants used in garden area
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our property and our staff. I'm so happy you had an enjoyable stay. We can't wait to see you again!
Marietta, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is our 8th year here. Lee and Tucker at the front desk are totally awesome always willing to help. But since the renovation 2 years ago (they added 12-16 rooms) and removed 2 gorgeous pools, occupancy is way down. I wish the free coffee was still offered downstairs like when they were a 3 star hotel. Still nice place right on the beach, very small pool.

Room Tip: The brand new rooms 227-527 are super!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Location
1 Thank SellingPower
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I apologize the new pools aren't what you were use to, but I am happy to hear you still enjoy yourself at our property. It's also great to know our staff were able to make your stay so memorable and nice. We can't wait to see you again!
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

We had an amazing vacation. We have a 3 year old grandson and the fun room was perfect for him. They had movie night and popcorn. It gave us a chance to have dinner alone. The whole experience was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to hear your grandson enjoyed the kid's club and all the activities that go on during the week there. I hope this means we will get to see you and your family again in the future!
Centreville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed in the this hotel with a few friends. It was pricey, but the hotel was clean and the rooms were spacious. The hotel was a little far from the nightlife. If you are looking for beach access and nice rooms, this is the perfect place. If you want to go out on the town, I'd stay on a lower street, closer to the nightlife.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Beth H
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Saxton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Hello again to everyone, just came home last week from a nice vacation at the Sheraton Oceanfront hotel is right on the boardwalk at 35 th. St . Let me start with all the good things .We always try to get a ocean front room with a nice outdoor pool that we can spend most of the day and have a short walk to the ocean and the beach ,the best of both worlds ,l.o.l. the beach is a short 100 ft. and the ocean is about 200 feet away .We have been blessed to be able to be world travelers and when it comes to beaches on the east coast this is in our top 3 picks . I was impressed at well the beach was groomed each morning by the city beach workers . They did a great job and there was never any trash laying around . Our room was very nice and the view was great . The staff was very friendly along with the maid service .They also have a nice restaurant and lounge here too. The food is good but a little pricey . You can walk up or down the boardwalk and find any type of food or shopping you may be looking for with in a few short few blocks .The ocean was very warm and they waves were just nice for boarding .I thought it was very nice considering that we had a terrible tornado go thru the first night and it was 1 block behind us and it could have been really bad the whole week . That area at 17 th. st. was hit real hard and was a sight I will never forget .Now I am going to tell you about a few bad things that was a big surprise to us. I was not aware that this hotel was pet friendly !! I love dogs and I had horses but I am very allergic to them and that is why I had to sell my horses and I could not be around dogs anymore because it gives me asthma attack . When we arrived there I was approached by several dogs in a few minutes and when I asked about all the dogs the front desk inform that Sheraton world wide is pet friendly. The elevator we had to use to go up to the room we were waiting is near a tree planter and while waiting for the elevator we saw 2 dogs mark their territory ,not good !! The whole elevator system smelled like wet dog and we heard several people complain about the dogs and the smell . At night too many dog owners would go out to eat and those places are not pet friendly and the would leave their dogs in the room and the would bark till their owners came back and sometimes that was late into the next am. We had dogs in both rooms beside us and they barked all the time. I must say Forgive me to all you dog lovers and animal lovers out there . This is my opinion , politically correct and legal way to voice my concerns and I heard many others talking about it too . WE all work hard for our money and a well deserved vacation and yes everyone has their opinion and their rights , but in my opinion , a beach front hotel on a boardwalk is no place to bring your dog or pets . Case in point we saw several people with dogs and every time a little dog come across a big dog it would bark at it and try to start a fight . Not to mention when one dog marks an area every other dogs marks that area too. This hotel has a very nice garden area out along the boardwalk and bike road and several times we saw dogs doing their business and pawing up the dirt. Yes ,there are some very responsible owners but there were more people just walk way and let it for you to tramp in.
That was not very good especially while you see this go on while eating. I also saw several dogs jumping out at bicycler's as they went by and witness 2 older people wreck their bikes because of it. Again , I love dogs ,but this is not the place to bring them in my opinion .There are several
places that will watch your dog or pets for a very reasonable fee . I have done in the past and so has many people I know . I would have to say that had I known this up front ,we would have stayed elsewhere .

Room Tip: IF you are allergic to dogs and do not like to hear them bark or run around , this is not the place...
Green Features: I mentioned this to the front desk and they listened about our concerns but you could tell they were tired of hearing about it . One person even gave me a sharp answer that I should have stayed elsewhere .That ticked me off.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BEACHWEAVER59
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are happy to hear your enjoyed the hotel amenities.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Great hotel very friendly staff rooms were great and right on the beach. The only negative was the indoor pool area could have been a little cleaner. But overall this was a great stay and can't wait to come back soon.

Room Tip: Anything with an ocean veiw
Green Features: Have several places throught out the hotel with recycling bins
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful review. Your comment about the indoor pool has been passed on to the housekeeping department. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.