“Lovely hotel in the middle of crazy Virginia Beach”

Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #38 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Virginia Beach can be nuts- noisy, busy and a little tacky.
But the Sheraton Oceanfront is beautiful, clean and peaceful. The staff is terrific- everyone steps up to ensure your stay is perfect. The hotel is light and airy in shades of blue, gold and white. Every room on every floor takes advantage of the magnificent ocean view. The guest rooms are spotless and the beds are so comfortable. The bathrooms are clean and spacious.
We had a nice breakfast in the beautiful restaurant.
Many thanks to everyone from the parking valets to housekeeping to the wait staff to the front desk. Management is doing something right!

Room Tip: All the rooms face the ocean!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for telling us about your great stay. I am very happy to hear we were able to make your stay a memorable one. We can't wait to see you again in the future!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton Oceanfront in Virginia Beach in the Spring. We had an ocean view room which was really well maintained. I was impressed with the condition of both the room and the common areas of the hotel. Parking was great in the fairly new garage across the street - a big deal in this crowded, tourist area. Also, the hotel had a great access drive in which you could pull up and get registered before parking the car across the street.

Perhaps better than all that was the friendliness and service mantra of the staff. Check-in was friendly and efficient. When there was a billing error at checkout, the staff quickly acknowledged it and took action to correct it. In addition to that, we left a charger in the room and amazingly; got a call from the hotel two days later asking if we wanted them to mail it to us. I travel a lot - that never happens!

A great property with a friendly, awesome staff !

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe B
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am very happy to hear it was a great one and you had such a fun time. I hope that means we get to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

The service is phenomenal at this hotel. Always friendly, helpful, and available. Oceanfront rooms are roomy and have a private balcony that is perfect for sitting in the evening and watching the sun go down. Hotel has direct access to the beach. Perfect for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Corner rooms oceanfront are the best
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank mmbear

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel! I am happy to hear we are able to make your stays special. We can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was at the Sheraton Oceanfront on business for a couples retreat sponsored by our church and another church. The entire staff was very kind, cordial and accomodating. Rita Matthews, Natalie Purdy, Nicole Simancas, and Rohan Miller were absolutely fabulous. They seemed to anticipate anything that we would need and quickly took care of it. Chris Wilson was also a very friendly and cordial server in the restaurant

1  Thank Glenn F
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for telling us about your trip. It was our honor to host your guests at our hotel, and it is wonderful to hear they had a great time. Your great comments about our sales and catering staff have been passed on to the entire hotel for recognition. We can't wait to see you next time!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Just to say that Rick was a great host. He was the manager on the night of March 19th. He had a very picky and fairly annoying customer who was allergic to everything under the sun, and Rick handle her in an amazingly professional, courteous and nice way. I dont' know if I would have done the same.

Great food and great people working there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words about Rick, our restaurant supervisor. Positive feedback is always a bonus and can make our day! I hope we get to see you again during a future visit.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I tried to make a reservation at this hotel with a dog friendly room. All their dog friendly rooms were booked, so I went to officialpethotels.com I thought they may have dog friendly rooms put aside. I booked a room. In a few minutes I got my conformation saying I got my room but not a dog friendly room. Called to cancel, they wanted to charge $250.00 to cancel. They said Sheraton said this. I was on the phone with them for over an hour. They didn't budge.(they, I don't know who they are)
I called Sheraton and told them about this and I got my room. Thank you Sheraton!
My last stay at this hotel was January 27 last year with my two dogs. It was snowing that weekend. Marty spent her last days at the beach, and snow to boot.
The resturant was covered in plastic but it was great. The staff was wonderful. This is why I wanted to come back. Looking forward to my next stay,

Room Tip: Make your reservations with the hotel.
2  Thank Empathy

Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am glad we were able to make both stays nice and memerable. We can't wait to see you again next time!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I searched many VA Beach hotels and finally settled on the Sheraton because of its oceanfront location and previous reviews. We enjoyed the happy hour, in particular the Saturday night jazz and the wine-tasting option (several healthy pours for only $5). The staff were all pleasant. This hotel is located within a block of several food options, including coffee/breakfast options. It was quiet. Previous reviews said that the bathrooms were small, and they were!, but that wasn't a big deal. Everything was clean and bed was comfortable. The fact that nearly every room has a balcony is a huge plus when I just wanted to breathe in that ocean air.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the Jazz night as it was our first time trying that in the Fursion restaurant. We had enjoyed the feedback regarding that event. I hope you come to visit us again the future!