“RIGHT ON THE WATER & PET FRIENDLY”

Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #41 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Did you know that almost all Sheraton Hotels are pet friendly? And I don't just mean pet-accepting, but truly friendly. Usually there is no non-refundable pet cleaning fee and everyone is delighted to see my dogs and treats them like they treat their other guests. Of course, my little dogs are especially adorable and get a lot of attention wherever they go, but it's so nice to take them somewhere where the staff actually likes having them. Sheratons often provide dog beds, water bowls and treats for their canine guests. I particularly chose to review the Virginia Beach Sheraton because in addition to my previous statements, this hotel is right on the boardwalk where the pups enjoyed daily walks along the water. The rooms are clean and newly decorated and we had a balcony facing the Ocean where all of us thoroughly enjoyed hanging out in the later evening. Additionally, the beds were extremely comfy and the linens were superb!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Ocean with a balcony!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank twdchicago
Lauren R, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Twdchicago, Our staff are truly dog lovers! We try and keep as many treats on hand to spoil our four legged guests every chance we get. I hope to see the entire family back again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel because we were travelling with our three yorkies. On arrival we were greeted by an awesome friendly staff. The front desk clerk whose name is Patrick greeted us and our dogs and made us feel I had picked the right place to stay. Our dogs have continued to be treated like a guest. Patrick has continued to go out of his way to help make our stay awesome. Rooms are nice and extremely clean as is the whole resort. The beach and boardwalk are beautiful and well kept. We are already planning our next trip back.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank dlurty
Lauren R, Front Office Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dlurty, Patrick has been a fantastic addition to our Sheraton team. I’m happy to hear that you were able to experience the wonder that is Patrick. I can only speculate that Patrick gave just as much attention to your yorkies has he did you. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family just returned from a 6 day trip to Virginia Beach and we stayed at the Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel in Virginia Beach, in a corner room (811). I worked in the hotel industry for 12 years, so I'm very particular when it comes to lodging. I did my homework before choosing this property and decided upon the Sheraton because of its great location--oceanfront, on the boardwalk and in the quieter north beach area, the great reviews, the queen beds (much more comfortable than double beds), indoor/outdoor pools, and the fact that the hotel manager was reviewing and responding to online comments (that means they appreciate feedback and will usually make necessary improvements). We found the hotel to be extremely clean, the beds and pillows were extremely comfortable, the staff was very professional and friendly and the restaurant had beautiful ocean views and was convenient for a quick breakfast buffet. I also felt the rates were fair, since we stayed over the Labor Day weekend, and we took advantage of the AAA discount and the free breakfast for two each morning. I would ask that the staff be informed of how many people are staying in each room and to be sure to leave the appropriate number of bath towels. We had four people, but only had two towels when we checked in. Thankfully when I called for service, they immediately delivered additional towels. Then when they made up the room, they only left us with two towels again. It was a little frustrating. The other thing is the towel rack in our shower was completely rusted and we didn't not want to use it to hang our towels for obvious reasons, so we had to stack a couple on the counter and throw some over the shower rod. My recommendation would be to replace the shelf or at least paint it. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, though, as these were very minor inconveniences, and spent our time at the beach, aquarium (10-15 min), horseback riding (25 min), Edgar Cayce museum (5 min) and at Colonial Williamsburg (60 min). We plan on returning to VA Beach sometime next year and will most likely stay at the Sheraton again!

Room Tip: We enjoyed 811, a corner room with partial view of the ocean. It was a little larger than the other...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Mary D, Thank you for this awesome review. We have the best location on the oceanfront the north end of the beach is great less populated but still close enough to local festivals and concerts. We look forward to your return trip to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the sheraton this summer. The hotel is very clean, the staff is extremely curteous and helpful and the view is amazing. The location is the best, right on the boardwalk. Will stay there again without a doubt.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Coquito53, Thank you for a great review. I’m glad to hear how much you enjoyed your time here with us. The entire staff waits for your return trip back to Virginia Beach. Don’t forget about holiday lights in December!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We had never been to Virginia beach before and wanted a flop time after staying in New York and dc. The rooms were very comfortable and had good facilities, eg microwave, fridge in room and launderette at beach level. The location of the hotel is perfect, right on the beach and we had a side view of the sea. We really enjoyed the meal in the cabana restaurant, shrimps and custom made chips!
The pool was a bit crowded, so we went to the sun deck and it was lovely and private.
The staff were friendly and were interested that we had come from Scotland as there are not many Brits in the resort. The beach was fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank susie203
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Good evening Susie!

It's great to hear you had such a fun time at the hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed the happy hour in our new Cabana Bar and Grill. The custom made fries are a favorite for the staff as well! I hope the next time you visit the United States we get to see you again.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We just returned from a week long stay, completely happy with this Sheraton! We liked the location on the beach. We really enjoyed the pool with a view of the ocean and cabana bar! We had our teenage kids with us and it was perfect for them and us! Along with our kids we had our 5lb. Yorkie who was extremely welcomed by the staff....this made for an even more relaxing vacation for us! Cannot say enough good about this hotel, no downsides that we found. Thank you so much for a wonderful vacation, we hope to come back!

Room Tip: We were oceanfront, worth the extra $$....nothing like waking up and watching the sunrise and dolphi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hello Makingfamily!

Thank you for telling us about your wonderful stay at our hotel! I'm so happy we were able to make your stay enjoyable. I do hope we get to see you and your family again!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I arrived at the hotel at 3:45PM after driving from New York and was told my room was not ready yet. As SPG, I found that unacceptable, but went to self park my car in their garage across the street. I returned to the lobby and read a local newspaper for a half hour, then was informed I could have a room looking directly out on the pool. Being tired and wanting to shower, I accepted and was given the key to Room 109 in the cabana section. It seemed like an older, un-renovated room, and was also directly opposite the pool bar, but I unpacked and settled in for my 2 night stay.
I had a nice tuna dinner in their poolside venue that evening, and breakfast in the lobby dining room the next morning. I was then out of the hotel all day, and when I returned in the evening I found the room was made up, but no fresh bottles of water were left for me. Yes, I had left a tip for the service and that was gone, so I had to inform the main desk that the water was not replenished. They corrected the oversight and apologized, but a minor detail like this should not have been overlooked. I can't blame the hotel for the fire alarms going off for over a half hour that evening, as that was clearly the work of one of their guests, but it was irritating anyway. I would have rated this stay higher if I didn't have to wait for my room, was given a decent room as an SPG guest, and had the water replaced as customary.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, avoid first floor cabana rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Robert S
Tia M, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Good evening evandbob!

Thank you for stopping by to tell us about your stay. I am sorry you had to wait a little after our check in time for your room. The cabana side of our hotel is actually the newest addition to our hotel. It was added on during the two year renovation we just completed this past winter. I was happy to hear you enjoyed our Cabana Bar and Grill as well as breakfast in our new Fusion restuarant. Thank you for mentioning the over sight regarding the bottled waters. Even though the front desk was able to fix the issue for you and I will still mention it to the housekeeping manager so she may use it as a training tool. As an SPG member I do hope we get to see you again in the future!