“Pet & People Friendly”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pet & People Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We brought our 40 lb dog here for some winter time romping on the beach. During the off season, your dog can frolick on the beach with you. While the temperatures weren't very high, we still managed to enjoy our stay here. We checked into a pet friendly room, with no extra fee or deposit to bring your pet here. The property is going under some renovations, but the service was not lacking. We ordered room service a few times because we had our dog with us and they often made helpful suggestions. When we ordered to go food, the bartender brought it up to our room for us!

The pool was refreshing, and enjoyable after a day on the beach and working out. The health club was probably one of the nicer hotel gyms I have seen in a while. The equipment is fairly new and is in a nice sized room so if someone is stretching you don't have to step over them.

We hope to return again, but it always depends upon the rate of the property!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank spicybdc
Lauren R, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Spicybdc, I’m glad to hear your dog had a blast letting loose on the beach. During the first phase of renovations we relocated the fitness facilities to our beach level for you to enjoy a run on the treadmill while looking out to the beach. We look forward to having you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

The hotel is located on the beach with a breathtaking view of the Ocean. My room was Ocean view. All rooms have balconies that are large. The room decor was very calming and inviting. The bed was very comfortable. The staff were accomodating and focused on making guests stay a wonderfully event. The room service was excellent and the food was great.The room service was prompt. The hotel as a whole was beautiful. I enjoyed watching the people on the beach and the ocean waves crashing to the shore. The front desk staff were very professional, authentic, pleasant, and informative. This hotel surpassed all my expectations for a comfortable stay. The free valet parking is a definitely plus. I wll stay there again on my next trip to Virginia Beach, VA. I appreciated the service provided to me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lauren R, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I2cul8er, Thank you! I’m glad to hear that every department was able to empress you during your stay. The owners have taking the time and resources to remodel every guest room last year which has create a comforting space for our guest during their time here. We welcome you back when ever your travels bring you back to VA Beach.
Ambridge PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was so pleased with just about everything this hotel had to offer us- we are planning a return trip this summer.
First things first, as Starwood Members, you cannot beat the value for Starwood points. We were upgraded by a very nice front desk gentleman and, since we arrived in the morning, were called, as promised, when our room was ready- well before check in time.
We did meet the famous Marcus later that day, he was also a nice and helpful young man.
Location, pools, gym, room, parking- all wonderful! We did not have an opportunity to try the Aqua Vi, but will likely do so on our next visit. I also liked that there were a few kids activites. Only having one child, we look forward to letting him have fun with kids his own age when we are away and a kids club helps facilitate that.
Not a fancy place, but comfortable, and the service was top-notch. The only negative was the indoor pool and hot tub needed a little attention- not as clean as I like.
We loved our stay! See you soon!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Carebear0826
Carebear0826, Thank you for your praises! I’m glad we were able to accommodate all your needs during our off season and look forward to having you back during the summer. One difference you will note on your return is the Aqua Vi is currently being remodeled and will have a grand reopening as Fusion! Have a great rest of you winter and we will be seeing you soon!
McLean, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Sheraton at the Virginia Beach ocean/boardwalk has a great location. My room, a traditional king, was spacious and well appointed. The doorman was very courteous and helpful on arrival. However: no hot water in the bathroom sink, the electrical outlet by the desk did not work. These two were handled the same day by pleasant staff. The "guest services" number on the in-room phone did not answer during my 4 day stay. I called the central number to report the room problems and the phone issue and was promised attention would be given. The furniture is scarred and could be touched up to good effect. Housekeeping was sloppy- bed poorly made, teas and flimsy plastic water glasses not replaced. Construction in lobby and first floor area not reported on site when made reservations. No discount given, no explanation. Restaurant unwelcoming; no one at stand, no one visible in restaurant/bar, mechanical clanging noise over the ambient music. Left immediately for off site restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Lauren R, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Mw4_10, I want to apologize for the less than satisfactory stay that you had with us. All of your housekeeping comments have been passed along to the Executive Housekeeper to ensure that proper retraining takes place within that department. We have updated our website with a more visible announcement that shows we are currently doing renovations. We have also made attempts to contact every guest at least two days prior to arrival who have either a phone number or email attached to their reservation. If you have any more questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me at lreagan@sheratonvirginiabeach.com
St. John`s, NL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights over Thanksgiving 2012.Like most of the hotels at OceanFront it is an older Hotel which has been undergoing refurbishment.We were assigned a room in a refurbished wing,it had a functional kitchen and a separate sitting area,a separate bedroom with a comfortable King Bed,flat screen TV in both rooms,and walk out Balcony from both rooms.Internet is extra as is mandatory valet parking.We had room service on thanksgiving evening which wasn't bad.Including Internet and parking it cost us close to $150.00 per night,not really good value for Virginia Beach in late November.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Markie23, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the new Cabana wing of the hotel that we constructed last fall. I want to take a moment to apologize for the miscommunication our internet is complimentary for all of our guests as is our valet parking. If you have any more questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me at lreagan@sheratonvirginiabeach.com
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

The staff were great and so friendly and helpful. I stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks while I worked on the Presidential election. I worked late everyday, usually until 3:00 am, and after a long day of work I was uplifted by the generous warmth and reception I received ---Rhonda the night manager took care of every detail to make my stay more comfortable, whether it was moving my car, getting me breakfast at night for the next morning when I left at 5:00am for election day, giving me an extra wake-up call to make sure I actually woke up, and these are just a few of the things. I will never forget the great personal attention I received.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Lauren R, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Vicky A, Thank you for your review. Rhonda truly is one of a kind employee, we know how vital she is to our team here at the Sheraton. I'm glad we were able to assit you with all your needs while on the campagin trail. We hope to see you again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

GREAT RATE! I was very pleased with the accomodations and room rate for my one night stay when I was passing through the area. The only thing that wasn't completely up to par was that I was that I felt that the sound made by the heating and air conditioning unit was a bit too loud when it kicked on. I was pleased that when I mentioned that in the survey I took online after my stay, the front desk manager responded and said she was having maintenance check it out to resolve the issue. That response, along with all the happy, helpful staff during my stay, assures that I will return next time I'm in the area. Loved having an indoor pool to relax in after a long drive in a winter month. And the bed was absolutely heavenly!

Room Tip: I was in a cabana room overlooking the pool, boardwalk and ocean! Great room!