Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel
$81
Country Inn
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$176
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$110
$90
$110
$189
Hampton.com
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$238
$145
$169
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$77
$63
ComfortInn
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$117
ComfortSuites
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$125
1,011 results
All reviewsstarwood pointsfusion restaurantfront deskacross the streetoceanfront roomindoor poolstarbucks coffeefree valet parkinghotel restaurantbreakfast buffetthe north endcity viewvalet serviceoverlooking the oceanbeds were very comfortablelabor dayfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed three nights at the Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel (Virginia Beach) in connection with a conference.

The bed was fine and the stay was not at all an unpleasant experience, however the hotel looked a little old and worn down, most of the personnel were there for the money - not for the guest and the gym is really not that exciting.

My colleagues stayed at the Hilton 3 minutes down the street. All though the Hilton is also not a new hotel it seemed to be in a better shape, the personnel seemed more energetic and the activity level / atmosphere seemed more vibrant.

The only very good experience from the Sheraton was the view to group of dolphins playing in the ocean right outside the breakfast restaurant. Had they not showed up then I would have rated the Sheraton 1-notch lower.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Lauren R, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Hbj1973, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I do apologize that our service fell short of your expectations this gives us an opportunity to retrain our staff to better serve the guest. I do invite you back again to stay with us hopefully the dolphins will be back out in the ocean playing.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Really helpfull staff which organized an power adapter in the middle of the night, congrets! Got an oceanfront room which was perfect, all seems relatively new. Used the gym freqently, fully equipped and pretty new. What went wrong was the confirmation for my return limousine to the airport - but nothing I would place too hi in the air. Fully 4 star hotel - but not more.

Room Tip: Ask for a ocean front room, got a free upgrade
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Lauren R, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

CaliforniaSummer_12, Thank you for the response we have an outstanding team here and I am happy to hear the staff was able to accommodate your needs as an international traveler. The views from all of our oceanfront rooms are truly amazing the free upgrades are always an added bonus.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Every year for the past four years our annual conference is held at the Sheraton Oceanfront and last year I thought it was time for an upgrade on the hotels decor and fitness room and much to my surprise when I returned this year the entire hotel had been renovated. Everything looked great. I loved the new fitness room and all the new equipment. NIce job and I can not leave out the staff, they are always great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Tonya L, as a repeat guest I’m happy to hear you took notice of all the hard work we have done to improve our hotel. Hopefully you will be back again next year to see the completion of our second phase of the renovations.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Sheraton was a great buy for the price. Rooms had been newly renovated and were great. Enjoyed a wonderful oceanfront room on the boardwalk. Could walk to many local attractions.Many restaurants are located in walking distance. Conference rooms and food were good size and provided a great atmosphere.

1  Thank Jennifer P

Jennifer P, It’s nice to hear a guest make such compliments on our location and value. We pride ourselves on having one of the better locations on the beach, close enough to all the happenings without all the noise and crowds. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have stayed at the Sheraton Oceanfront twice before. This time I was on business and they had just finished an overall remodel of the property. The changes I saw resulted in a modern, stylish and crisper look. My room had wonderful pictures on the wall that made me feel I was in a high end resort instead of a hotel room. The beds were amazing giving me a great night's sleep. My fellow conference goers noted they slept well and credited the mattresses too. The fitness room was moved so now you can look outside while you are on the workout equipment. The hotel's location is perfect - close enough to walk to Catch 31 and Turtoga - two restaurants worth check out. Being at 36th Street and Atlantic makes it perfect to walk to the music festivals held at 31st and also King Neptune's statue. The staff has always been professional and helpful. That hasn't changed. This time I took my small dog and the staff was super accommodating to her needs too. I couldn't have expected or asked for more. I will stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny but the view is of the city scape. Frankly, the oceanfront rooms cannot be beat. Keep in mind higher floors have less A/C unit noise and afford you more privacy - ie if you want to leave your curtains open to hear the ocean or look at the sunrise you can without feeling you can be seen/watched.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Gina P, Great to hear from a repeat guest! With our renovations we wanted to give our hotel a fresh new look, bringing it into the more modern age. Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are the best you can actually go to our website and purchase one if you want to a great night sleep every night! We welcome you back next time your in town.