“All what you need”

Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #41 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Really helpfull staff which organized an power adapter in the middle of the night, congrets! Got an oceanfront room which was perfect, all seems relatively new. Used the gym freqently, fully equipped and pretty new. What went wrong was the confirmation for my return limousine to the airport - but nothing I would place too hi in the air. Fully 4 star hotel - but not more.

Room Tip: Ask for a ocean front room, got a free upgrade
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Lauren R, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

CaliforniaSummer_12, Thank you for the response we have an outstanding team here and I am happy to hear the staff was able to accommodate your needs as an international traveler. The views from all of our oceanfront rooms are truly amazing the free upgrades are always an added bonus.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Every year for the past four years our annual conference is held at the Sheraton Oceanfront and last year I thought it was time for an upgrade on the hotels decor and fitness room and much to my surprise when I returned this year the entire hotel had been renovated. Everything looked great. I loved the new fitness room and all the new equipment. NIce job and I can not leave out the staff, they are always great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Tonya L, as a repeat guest I’m happy to hear you took notice of all the hard work we have done to improve our hotel. Hopefully you will be back again next year to see the completion of our second phase of the renovations.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Sheraton was a great buy for the price. Rooms had been newly renovated and were great. Enjoyed a wonderful oceanfront room on the boardwalk. Could walk to many local attractions.Many restaurants are located in walking distance. Conference rooms and food were good size and provided a great atmosphere.

1  Thank Jennifer P

Jennifer P, It’s nice to hear a guest make such compliments on our location and value. We pride ourselves on having one of the better locations on the beach, close enough to all the happenings without all the noise and crowds. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have stayed at the Sheraton Oceanfront twice before. This time I was on business and they had just finished an overall remodel of the property. The changes I saw resulted in a modern, stylish and crisper look. My room had wonderful pictures on the wall that made me feel I was in a high end resort instead of a hotel room. The beds were amazing giving me a great night's sleep. My fellow conference goers noted they slept well and credited the mattresses too. The fitness room was moved so now you can look outside while you are on the workout equipment. The hotel's location is perfect - close enough to walk to Catch 31 and Turtoga - two restaurants worth check out. Being at 36th Street and Atlantic makes it perfect to walk to the music festivals held at 31st and also King Neptune's statue. The staff has always been professional and helpful. That hasn't changed. This time I took my small dog and the staff was super accommodating to her needs too. I couldn't have expected or asked for more. I will stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny but the view is of the city scape. Frankly, the oceanfront rooms c...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Gina P, Great to hear from a repeat guest! With our renovations we wanted to give our hotel a fresh new look, bringing it into the more modern age. Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are the best you can actually go to our website and purchase one if you want to a great night sleep every night! We welcome you back next time your in town.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel back in 2010, and when an unexpected business trip came up we jumped at the chance to get another night at the beach at the Sheraton Oceanfront. Since our last stay we could see the remodeling that they have done. The rooms which were nice before seem even more spacious and of course clean and comfortable, the hallways are also brighter, cleaner and have televisions at the elevators so that you can catch up on the news/weather/sports while you wait. Great addition. We travel everywhere with our two "children" (a Bassador and a German shepherd/bloodhound/ terrier mix). They are always made welcome in the hotel. We highly recommend the Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel to all of our friends and family whenever they are looking for 'the place" to stay in Virginia Beach. Karen and Mike Burke

Room Tip: Our room was lower (we were on the fifth floor this time) than last time but we seemed close to the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Lauren R, Front Desk Supervisor at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

BurkeVirginia, I’m glad your “children” had such a great time down here. We love accommodating our four legged travelers and we see a lot. Thank you for your compliments on the renovations, I do invite you to come back and visits again please don’t forget to bring the kids with you!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront and it was one of the most enjoyable hotel experiences I've ever had. The newly renovated decor was gorgeously elegant with rich, muted shades of teal blues and earth tones contrasted against bright whites. From the smiling parking valet to housekeeping, the staff was extremely courteous and friendly, all the while maintaining a professional demeanor. One real staff standout was Mr. Marcus Diggs ( front desk). And the dining was excellent! If you haven't visited in a while, this Sheraton is well worth the visit.

Room Tip: Ladies, the baths do not have makeup lighting. :~)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

L A W, Best hotel experience ever is quite the compliment thank you! I can’t agree with you more on the staff here at the Sheraton. Marcus in particular is one of a kind and a valuable asset to our team. The entire team looks forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Great room, beautiful view, friendly staff, and very comfy beds and complimentary valet parking! I went during the neptune festival (so much fun) and this hotel was in the perfect location on the boardwalk. The view of the atlantic and the boardwalk was perfect, the staff was super-friendly and this place has great space for special events. will definitely stay again but i'll book earlier to get a better rate!

Room Tip: the oceanfront rooms were worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

NitaG29, Thank you for all the wonderful comments! We like to brag that we have one of the best locations on the beach. You’re close enough to all the activities like Neptune Festival but in the quiet north end of the beach less crowds and less noise. We look forward to having you back next year booking early during any time there is a festival is one way to ensure the best rate.