1,077 results
All reviews cabana room fusion restaurant across the street indoor pool partial ocean view starbucks coffee free valet parking front desk staff hotel restaurant city view the north end breakfast buffet self parking valet service beds were very comfortable fitness center labor day
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My family and I have had the pleasure of spending one of the most enjoyable weeks in VA beach at this beautiful , enchanted hotels. I should have entiteled this no other staff will compare or could hold a candle to these folks. My husband and I have been going to VA beach for 13 years now , there is not a resort or hotel that has the charm and the staff of gold like the Sheraton. We feel it was a pleasure to be treated like family by Skip , De . and the most remarkable manager as well as restaurant staff. I could go on and on but I will not I think you get the point. If you looking for charming andf excellent customer services and truly want to enjoy your vacation then follow my advice. They just hosted my daughters beach wedding as well so if you also looking for some place to host that special event again highly recommend. You will be writing the same review I just did. Thank you again Sheraton.
Warm regards,
Robin & Gary Moore

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I can not say enough good things about the Sheraton at Va Beach Oceanfront! Customer Service is their specialty, and every employee we worked with went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. The price was well wroth every bit of our stay! Kudos to Skip, Dee, Olivia, and Charlene who made our wedding and dinner exceptional! We will never stay at another resort! And for those of you who say it is dated??? I would take dated over the poor service we have received at every other facililty, I dont find it as "dated" as I read in other reviews and the beds are heavenly! Thanks to you Sheraton!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed for four nights because the location worked for our plans. We had water damage in our room which was causing a moldy smell, the pool area is in need of a rehab, the elevators were not working, every day the room keys would quit working, the bathroom supplies were not replaced, the AC unit ran constantly which was quite loud and the restaurant had rotted fruit on the buffet! So not what I expected from a Sheraton! I
Shared all of my concerns with the front desk and they told me a manager would call me back and no one ever did. Do not stay here. I payed $300 a night for this fiasco of a hotel. Spend less some where where they care about the guests!

1  Thank ThreeGee
Reviewed August 31, 2011

1) FREE overnight parking. It seemed so weird, thought a place on the beach would r@pe you for parking, like other beach properties, but not here. Bravo. Oh, i should also mention you have the option to self park or valet, which is complimentary.

2) We were placed in one of the ground floor "Cabana" rooms (which i guess is what you get when you use your starwood points?). When we walked in, we were a little taken aback, as the large floor to ceiling windows looks RIGHT out at the pool, and people are sitting in pool chairs which are literally RIGHT NEXT to your window. We were a little uncomfortable with that, so went back up to reception to see if they could move us. They could not. We pushed a little, they checked with manager, still no. So our consolation was free in-room WIFI for the week (i'll get to that later) and to check back after 11am the next day, as they were pretty much sold out for the week (yea right). We were initially a little miffed by the room that we got, and what seemed to be the lack of privacy, but soon learned, it wasn't so bad.

The room itself was ok. nothing spectacular. tube tv. AC was a little fickle. i set it at 60 deg and "always on" and it still turned on and off like it was on auto. rather loud too. the bathroom was nicer than i thought it'd be. marble (or what looks like marble) floors and counter. toiletries were not restocked during our 4 night stay. carpet a little old as was the furniture. Mattress was worn and actually sloped down on my side of the bed.

3) as other reviewers have mentioned, the elevators are slow, and seemed a little unreliable. within an hour of us checking in, the elevator that takes you to the beach exit (and the cabana rooms) was out of service. "lucky" for us, we were on the ground floor (which is actually one floor down from the lobby), so it was an easy flight of stairs down. Our room was also closest to the beach/pool entrance, so it made coming and going rather convenient. So what initially seemed like a terrible room location, turned out to be not so bad.

4) the WIFI was pretty spotty in our room. not sure if thats the way it was all throughout the hotel, but it was for our room (118). kept going in and out, and sometimes very slow. it seemed better by the pool (which was right outside our window!). Its provided by AT&T (maybe thats why...ha...ha....), so those of you with AT&T iphones (or AT&T wifi accounts), will be able to access WIFI in room for free, otherwise its $10/day.

5) there are 3 pools, 1 indoor, 2 outdoor. only enjoyed one outdoor pool, what seemed to be the "quieter" pool. the other one has the poolside bar, and the indoor looked the biggest. all pools close at 11pm.

6) fitness center was....lets just say DATED.

7) didnt try any of the hotel's food/restaurants.

8) The Sheraton is located at the northern end of Va Beach, which seemed to have less hustle and bustle (more shops, restaurants, etc located in the middle of the beach). Pocohantas Pancake house is superb, located across the street. Is a must try for breakfast/brunch. Highly recommend the waffles.

9) yes, there is construction going on next door. it says will open summer 2012, so expect it to last until then.

10) and according to some of the hotel's responses, they are going to start a big renovation this fall (Oct i believe). So any of the "dated" comments i hope will be taken care of, as a result.

Overall, its an okay place to stay, and as with another reviewer, if you set your expectations appropriately, you'll be fine.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Goal for the trip: To find an oceanfront hotel within a short drive (from Fredericksburg, VA) using points where we could lay on beach all day and not do anything.

The Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel met the bill. We arrived on the Monday after Hurricane Irene. We were supposed to have an oceanfront room but as the storm saturated those rooms, we were more than happy to stay on the city side. The smell was awful from all of the water even though they hired professional carpet cleaning service and had fans drying the rooms. But, once again, they were just slammed by a hurricane so no points off.

It is obviously an old hotel and the rooms could use some refreshing but beach hotels get a lot of abuse.

We're platinum so breakfast was
free but I wouldn't choose to eat at Aqua Vi, the hotel's restaurant, if it wasn't. The pool bar had a drink special (tequila sunrise for $5) which was nice and strong. It also has draft beer including Sam Adams Octoberfest, a seasonal favorite. The inside hotel bar lacks draft beer but has above view.

The location is perfect. Nice beach. Great for parents with children under 5 because it's easy to get to the 2 pools and the beach and they cant hurt anything. Bring your bikes to ride on the designated
paths by the boardwalk. Also, the tacky shops and rowdy restaurants aren't on the boardwalk side, they line the streets on the opposite side of the hotel.

One last thing, there is a new building being constructed adjacent to this hotel, however it doesn't make anymore noise than the fighter jets that fly overhead...afterall, this is Virginia Beach. :)

Date of stay: August 2011