Well, there is some room for inprovement. I stayed there for two nights. Front desk staff was nice, even tho they game me hard time making my reservations and it took me 4 calles to finally put it in. But they were nice and welcoming when I arrived but I was not even asked if I'd like to add my starwood number to my reservation. But in general every FD staff member was helpfull and very welcoming. They earned a huge plus for completing a request within 5-10 minutes. The hotel itself is nice but the pools are way smaller than it seems in pictures. Plus they are not really cleaned, there was always something in water.:(
What I didn't like:
1. Housekeeping didnt really do a good job. I found several needles and stains in my bathroom right after I checked in. The second day- the maid cleaned my room and did not leave any soap, lotion, shampoo, NOTHING. But took my half-used ones...The last day, I had 2 pm check out and put DND on my door, so guess what, I sew a maid next to my room like every 5 minutes waiting for me to check out and when I finally left my room, she stopped me in a middle of the hallway and asked if I checked out already! Really?? I dont appreciate it. Also my room service tray was in a hallway for a day, I called twice and asked for it to be finally taken away, there was a HK cart parked outside of my door all the time. The houseman started scrubbing my door from outside while I was in my room...really, dont they get a print out of all occupied rooms for a day?
2.I supposed to get an ocean view room but instead got a pool view with the french windows so anyone can see through them, especially on a second floor. But I liked my room in general, they have just awesome pillows! I also liked the decor and free fridge in the room.
3. Someone from the restaurant called me twice asking for my credit card while I put down cash. I had to get out of my bed, get dressed and walk down to the front desk at 10 pm with my credit card and...next morning I found out that they actually didnt need my credit card coz there was enough cash left...are you serious???? Plus...they did not offer me as a Crestline Employee my 50% discount card for the restaurat, neither a StarHot discount was given to me. And on top of this I didnt get any points...
4. There is NO beach chairs for the guests at all, not even single one.
5. Free computer to use...is a headache, you can do nothing, their security programs blocked even my email and simple directions web site.
All in all, the biggest plus of this hotel is the Ocean, it is super close, right on a beach so you can leave your room and go swimming, I loved the hotel, friendly FD staff and probably be back. But there are things they have to work on just so people will keep comming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm welcomes and great ocean views greet you at the Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel. Situated on the exclusive northern end of the Virginia Beach Boardwalk with direct beach access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Sheraton