“Pleasant Suprise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant Suprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

We decided to stop in Virginia Beach for the night after vacationing in the Outer Banks. After stopping at several hotels without vacancies we found a room for one night at the Days Inn for $100 less than their oceanfront competitors. The location was great (close to shopping). The outside was a bit shabby so I was not expecting much.

At check-in I requested a balcony and was given a room on the 6th floor overlooking the pool. We brought in pillows and blankets expecting typical motel bedding. We were pleasantly suprised by the new looking bedding and plentiful pillows. The room was extremely clean. The balcony gave an oceanview, pool view and bay view.

There is an eclectic mix of guests.. We visited the pool for a few hours. During that time some rowdy teens began jumping off the pool waterfall. The staff adressed the issue within 20 minutes. I was traveling with my husband, 4 & 2 year old. At no point was I concerned about the atmosphere.
The breakfast in the morning is by no means a a four star breakfast but I have been to several free breakfasts and this one offered a large selection and was well stocked.
My only complaint would be thefree wi-fi. We had to call the front desk in order to access.They were very helpful though and got us fixed in no time.

If your looking for a clean affordable place to stay in a great location I highly recommend this hotel.

3 Thank luvthebeach05

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

All I have to say is if your are looking for a nice hotel, think about another one. First the staff is rude. The rooms are gross. The breakfast has roaches in the cereal, it was hot, crowed, not enough seating. The pool was dirty.... Over all nasty... Never never again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Heathsville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

This Hotel is reasonable.Clean,.and has a nice pool. It is a little older Hotel. But kept up well. We stayed here last year too.I decided to stay here again because I knew what I was getting. If we tried somewhere else It could turn out much worse.So I will stay here again.Oh we have a small child and we like being down on this end of the beach because it is more calm. Not so crowded.

Triangle, VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

As other reviewers have commented, the breakfast is below standard and very crowded. This property does attract a "bad neighborhood" type crowd. The room we were initially given had an AWFUL odor, so we were given another room when we requested it. Throughout our stay, a series of people were assigned to the SMELLY room. When they would complain, housekeeping would show up and change the bedding, which never fixed the problem. Housekeeping would lament to the people standing around waiting for the room that they had cleaned the room and it should be fine.
It was never fine. As we were preparing to leave the last day, someone opened the SMELLY room door and the odor poured out into the parking lot.
On the other hand, location is fantastic; very convenient across the street from the beach. So in summary, if you can get there early enough to ensure that your room is passable, this property can provide you with an adequate place to sleep.

Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

I chose the Days Inn because of location and price. This was one of the best deals I could find. This is an older motel, so don't expect too much if you stay here. The bed linens and towels were very clean but the carpet in our room was old and seemed dirty. We were disappointed with the quality of breakfast because we had previously stayed at Hampton Inn and Comfort Suites. Days Inn breakfast can't compare with those places, but then again, those hotels would cost twice as much in Va Beach.

Location of this motel is GREAT... an easy walk across the street to the boardwalk and beach. The pool was clean and nice. Staff at Days Inn was great... they were all very friendly and helpful. There is an ice cream stand and lots of shops in front of the inn.

Again... this is an older inn, but if you only need a place to sleep... this is very adequate and a good deal. We felt safe and had a great time here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
VIRGINIA BEACH, VIRGINIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

I have stayed in this hotel many times before in the years I have lived here. Super cheap prices, great location and great rooms. I brought my boyfriend here for Valentine's Day (he's from Charlotte NC). I checked in with NO problems, got to my room on the top floor and when I went into the room, I was amazed. SUPER HUGE rooms you guys, i'm telling you!! The bed is actually a king, not a queen that they say is a king at alot of places. There is a patio with sliding glass doors that overlooked the pool and when you turned to the side, you had a real good view of the ocean. The pool was dirty, but I didn't plan on going in it anyways because it was winter. Heard no noise and slept great. You have to experience this hotel yourself instead of just going off the bad reviews. Parking was always available too.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MEG757
richmond, va
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2009

We had an altogether awful experience with this hotel. My father booked a room for my fiance and myself for a single night during the Neptune Festival. Despite telling the front desk crew that I would be the one checking in, they still had the reservation under his name and said they'd need his credit card information and ID unless I was paying for the hotel room. He had also been told that the hotel room was already paid for, which it was not. Initially, they seemed reluctant to fix it over the phone and wanted to see him in person or obtain a written statement from him saying that I was allowed to use the credit card information to pay for the room. They eventually allowed us to check in after confirming his information over the phone. The room was obviously old - the furnishings, television and decorations were very dated and not in the best condition. There were also clothes from the previous guests that were left behind the bathroom door. We settled in for a few minutes after check-in and then attempted to leave the room to walk down to the boardwalk - on leaving the room, my fiance tried the door and found that it could not be locked, despite trying several times. We told the front desk that our lock was not working and they told us they'd send a maintenance man up to look at it, but they seemed generally unconcerned about the situation. We found out the guests who'd been in the room before us (who came back to claim their clothing) that they had told the front desk about the lock issue, and were advised to just "slam the door hard". They'd moved them a few rooms down when they could not fix the lock, but apparently still felt that it was acceptable to rent the room to us. The maintenance people eventually showed up to fix the lock, but were unable to repair it. They said they were "trying" to find us another room at the hotel, but there were no vacancies. We decided at this point that we did not wish to stay at this hotel and asked for a refund. And the worst part? This room initially cost my father a total of $170 after taxes. I've stayed in cheaper 4-star hotels in Times Square.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple