“Good location...”

Days Inn Virginia Beach at the Beach
Ranked #48 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I chose the Days Inn because of location and price. This was one of the best deals I could find. This is an older motel, so don't expect too much if you stay here. The bed linens and towels were very clean but the carpet in our room was old and seemed dirty. We were disappointed with the quality of breakfast because we had previously stayed at Hampton Inn and Comfort Suites. Days Inn breakfast can't compare with those places, but then again, those hotels would cost twice as much in Va Beach.

Location of this motel is GREAT... an easy walk across the street to the boardwalk and beach. The pool was clean and nice. Staff at Days Inn was great... they were all very friendly and helpful. There is an ice cream stand and lots of shops in front of the inn.

Again... this is an older inn, but if you only need a place to sleep... this is very adequate and a good deal. We felt safe and had a great time here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,166)

Reviewed March 20, 2010

I have stayed in this hotel many times before in the years I have lived here. Super cheap prices, great location and great rooms. I brought my boyfriend here for Valentine's Day (he's from Charlotte NC). I checked in with NO problems, got to my room on the top floor and when I went into the room, I was amazed. SUPER HUGE rooms you guys, i'm telling you!! The bed is actually a king, not a queen that they say is a king at alot of places. There is a patio with sliding glass doors that overlooked the pool and when you turned to the side, you had a real good view of the ocean. The pool was dirty, but I didn't plan on going in it anyways because it was winter. Heard no noise and slept great. You have to experience this hotel yourself instead of just going off the bad reviews. Parking was always available too.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MEG757
Reviewed September 26, 2009

We had an altogether awful experience with this hotel. My father booked a room for my fiance and myself for a single night during the Neptune Festival. Despite telling the front desk crew that I would be the one checking in, they still had the reservation under his name and said they'd need his credit card information and ID unless I was paying for the hotel room. He had also been told that the hotel room was already paid for, which it was not. Initially, they seemed reluctant to fix it over the phone and wanted to see him in person or obtain a written statement from him saying that I was allowed to use the credit card information to pay for the room. They eventually allowed us to check in after confirming his information over the phone. The room was obviously old - the furnishings, television and decorations were very dated and not in the best condition. There were also clothes from the previous guests that were left behind the bathroom door. We settled in for a few minutes after check-in and then attempted to leave the room to walk down to the boardwalk - on leaving the room, my fiance tried the door and found that it could not be locked, despite trying several times. We told the front desk that our lock was not working and they told us they'd send a maintenance man up to look at it, but they seemed generally unconcerned about the situation. We found out the guests who'd been in the room before us (who came back to claim their clothing) that they had told the front desk about the lock issue, and were advised to just "slam the door hard". They'd moved them a few rooms down when they could not fix the lock, but apparently still felt that it was acceptable to rent the room to us. The maintenance people eventually showed up to fix the lock, but were unable to repair it. They said they were "trying" to find us another room at the hotel, but there were no vacancies. We decided at this point that we did not wish to stay at this hotel and asked for a refund. And the worst part? This room initially cost my father a total of $170 after taxes. I've stayed in cheaper 4-star hotels in Times Square.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bijinda
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Very good value for the price. Location is great. Just cross Atlantic Avenue and you're a few steps from the beach. There are cross-walks on either side of the hotel. Crossing the road is a breeze even with small children as traffic is usually light (vehicles avoid this road because of the many crosswalks and pedestrians) and vehicles are obligated to give way to peds. In fact, I'd say the location is even better than a lot of hotels that are on the beachfront which have multi-storey parking garages. With Days Inn, since all parking is on ground, if you keep beach stuff in the car (such as chairs, mats, toys, sandals, etc.), you can easily get them and carry to the beach. The rooms don't have a good view of the beach, but if you were spending most of your days at the beach, why would you need to view it from your room??
The staff are friendly enough. Physically, the hotel is in need of renovation. I had room 504 and there were a number of things that needed fixing: one of the wall lamps didn't work, the sink hot water valve was defective and would not shut off completely, the shower water pressure was pretty low, the coffee maker carafe handle slips off easily (a safety issue with the design, as it looked new). Everything looked old, but also reasonably clean. The refrigerator and microwave both worked fine. The free breakfast buffet was OK - although we are relatively light eaters and don't look for a lot of protein at breakfast.
The 2 elevators worked well, and seemed well maintained. Since this is really a high-rise motel, you never have to walk far from the car to your room.
There are plenty of restaurants, some good and inexpensive, within a short walk. The amusement park is also a short walk away.
The outdoor pool looked good and clean but we never had the time to use it.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank pinoydad
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Our room was awful! The "stopper" in the bathtub was broken and I had to wait for a maintenence man to come fix it before I could bathe my little Granddaughter. There was no stopper in the sink to enable you to fill the basin or prevent items from going down the drain. The beds were HORRIBLE!! The floor probably would have been more comfortable - the bedspread had 3 inch long burn marks on it and was old and frayed. The carpet looked like the ORIGINAL! I had to call and request some drinking cups and the trash cans were not emptied. I will definitely not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2009

I was planning a last minute trip to VA beach and I was looking for something affordable of a one night stay. I had read the reviews of The Days Inn and they were all pretty good so I booked it! The place was great! The staff was extremely nice and pleasant. We got our room and it was rather large (not cramped like most hotel rooms) and spacious. Parking at the Inn was tight and not too many spaces. Walls seemed a bit thin (could hear people talking outside or when someone else turned on the shower) but who sits in their room all day when there’s a beach right across the street?! Everything was clean and well kept which = my satisfaction!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2009

When we got there it seemed ok for the price we were on the 6th floor and could see the pool and the ocean from our room, that was a plus. The housekeeping was not that got the first few nights we had to call for more towels,(we had 4 people and stayed 6 nights) they did'nt sweep the floor, did not give us more coffee for our coffee pot, did'nt give us more cups, etc.. The thing that we could not stand was the tub would fill up with water and by the time you were done with your shower you had water up to your ankles. I'm sure that was just our room tho I'm sure they al don't do that...I hope not. The beds were not that good, our backs hurt in the mornings.
A gross thing that happened, first the pool was very nice and even had a waterfall the kids loved it. On a Saturday we were at the pool having fun and it was a very hot day so about 25 people were at the pool it was noon. A guy that worked there got on top of the waterfall and started cleaning it. My husband and I started to look at each other why would they clean that now?? Everyone else was looking like that was odd too. The after 15 mins he said please stay away from the waterfall and he pushed the water from the top of the waterfall into the pool and OH MY it was green and gross like they did not clean it for months, so they do it on a hot Saturday at noon while lots of people were at the pool. After they did that we got our kids out and left the pool and so did some other people. The water was green after that even at night we could see the green pool from our room. GROSS!!!!
The breakfast was good hey it was free and it was in a nice location but was it worth it??

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family