1,220 results
All reviewsacross the streetroom was cleanhot tubcontinental breakfastwould stay here againocean viewyogurtatlantic avenuenice stayfamily vacationbalconyrateshousekeeper
Reviewed August 10, 2008

Booked throuh vabeach.com 2 months prior to vacation date.
The reservation was not honored by Days Inn ans they tell us they are not responsible for any onlne company reservation. After having traveled 16 hours with two young children in tge car, the opnly accomodation they could give us was 1 romm for 1 night,,,, so went in and NIGHTMARE... the room was smelly and dirty. The carpets were srincking and there is no accomodations for the children.. The 2 bed with full efficieny and srove/pans and microwave DOES NOT EXIST AT THIS HOTEL.... and never did as per the front desk, Will NEVER STAY THERE. WE found a Days Inn oceanfront for a few dollars more and we were accomodated for the children and had an oceanfront view also.

SO DO NOT GO THERE. Nothing is clean, no accomodations and NO view axcept for a small outdoor pool. I DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL.

1  Thank travellers45
Reviewed August 5, 2008

My family and I just spent 3 days here and would defiantly stay here again. It is right across the street from the beach and as for August 1st, the hotel going up across the street didn't block our view of the ocean. I read all the reviews of this hotel and I have to agree, this is the best value on the beach. The hotel was very family oriented( just like the town). We never use a pool when at the beach, but this one looked so inviting we had to try it.(Much nicer than you would expect)
There is a seating area beside the office. The coffee shop served us lunch here and one evening we just sat here. It is a really nice place to sit and relax. The breakfast was wonderful. It was great to eat good food(without paying a small fortune) before going to the beach. If you don't care about an ocean-view, then this is the hotel for you.

Reviewed July 28, 2008

Well, when you go to a hotel, you will know how good the service and staff are when you come accross a problem and the problem is taken care of OR at least it is attended to.

the service in this hotel is terrible when it comes to solving your problem; when you have to bring up your rpoblem over and over again, and they tell you that the manager will contact you today, and it is not done, or when you approach, supposedly, the person in charge and you are brushed off as if you are the problem, and kind of " it is your problem, we are all, allright here ", then you know you are in a crapy hotel.

This is what I experienced in this hotel, and believe me , when you experience this, and you can not do anything about it, then the only thing you can do is to share it with other people like you , so they don't suffer like you

Take my word, avoid this hotel at all cost, Cause if yo uhave a problem, then you are all aolne , and no one cares about your issues.

ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Love_My_Hun
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Overall, I liked this place. The room was clean and well maintained. We had a room with efficiencies (stove, microwave, toaster oven, fridge, cutlery, pots and pans) and this really helped in regards to meal preparation. It wasn't noisy and our room overlooked the parking lot (room 218).
However our main problem was the staff. On our second day, my boyfriend noticed that his bottle of cologne was not in the room!!! We went to the desk and spoke to a woman who had complete lack of affect to the whole matter. She asked us to fill out an incident report and said that the next day someone would speak to us regarding the matter. The next day came and went and no one approached us on this matter. My boyfriend again spoke to yet another person about this matter (who knew exactly what room we were in, without us even mentioning it). Again, we did not get a satisfactory answer. My boyfriend again spoke to a third person on a subsequent day who said "we asked the cleaning guy and he said he didn't do it". THAT WAS THEIR SOLUTION!!! That person said they would ask the cleaning guy again!! In all honesty does anyone think that this person would admit to stealing something???? Come on people?!?!?
On our last day, we again spoke to a flat affect person (Michael) who said and I quote "if this happened to me, I would have left the hotel and called the police for them to do a full investigation" Really?!!? I think the VA police has better things to do than pinpoint the 'Cologne thief'. As I kindly pointed out to Michael, we were not accusing the cleaning guy, as this could have been done by any number of staff members that clean rooms, or that have access to the rooms. He had no answer to this.....And because Michael did not want to talk to us further, he decided to help the person who was standing behind me and was checking out. EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!
I plan on getting the full name of the owner of this hotel and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Not because this is a bottle of cologne (I do realize that this is a trivial thing), but the mere fact that nothing gets done and the ball seems to be thrown from one incompetent person to the next, with no suitable solution. And inadvertently, I find it bizarre that not one staff member even approached the owner about this matter. Hmmm, makes you wonder.... As a final note, Michael was very forthcoming and honest in saying "I have never heard of anything being stolen from a room before". Really now, would he have mentioned otherwise?
Do not bring anything of value to this hotel!!!!!!

2  Thank Mich76
Reviewed July 25, 2008

My husband and I just came back from 5 days at the Days Inn,
Virginia Beach. We also traveled with our 20 month old son.
I chose the hotel based on location, price and amenities.
Our room had two double beds, microwave, small refrigerator and coffe maker. Which was very convenient. The continental
breakfast was ok for the first two days. Then we went else
where for breakfast. The pool is medium size. I would advise
asking for a room away from the pool area as some travelers
with children were there late at night and you could hear them
all the way up to the 4th floor - our room. The pool is on the 2nd floor. The laundry room is really only about 2 washing machines
and 2 dryers. The front desk sent us to the 7 eleven around the
corner for detergent. The bedrooms do appear to be worn and
the rugs could use a deep steamroom cleaning. There was a musty odor, probably due to heavy traffic of beach goers.
I have to agree with the previous review about the front desk.
They are not very knowledegeable about the trolley service.
My husband and I ventured out on it and got around just great
with our son and a stroller on the trolley. It's a great deal for $1
per person. We even took it to the Lynhaven Mall one evening
when it rained. We did not have a car and found it great to go up
and down Atlantic Ave - which is the main strip with all the stores
and restaurants. We would recommend Laverne's Seafood
restaurant on 7th street & Atlantic Ave. Great crabcakes and
seafood. We also highly recommend a small Latin restaurant
on 28 St & Pacific Ave's called Cafe Mojito. Very tasty, authentic Latin food, great Mojitos and reasonable prices. It was our first time visiting from New York City to VA and we had a good trip. The Days Inn could use some renovating and providing some training to their front desk staff. Overall the hotel served our basic needs.