1,220 results
All reviewsacross the streetroom was cleanhot tubcontinental breakfastwould stay here againocean viewyogurtatlantic avenuenice stayfamily vacationbalconyrateshousekeeper
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My family and I stayed at Days Inn at the Beach , Virginia Beach. When we first arrived the hotel looked as if it were a motel, the parking is alright. Then we went to the lobby to check in(which wasn't very eye appealing) also the lobby is separate from the main hotel, they told us they had no rooms available and that we would have to come and keep checking if one opened. Check out is at 11 a.m and check in is at 3 p.m. They told us it will be about 2 hours before they had a room ready so they recommended going to there pool while we waited. We arrived at the pool which is on the 2nd floor and the pool was small, there was a bathroom to change in but it smelled nasty and there was no A/C. The bathroom is in the arcade which is next to the pool but all the games were shut down and not working. The hot tub is nice, the pool looks nice but yes it's small. We swam for about 2 hours then went to go see if a room was available. We arrived at the room but the elevator is very far away, the housekeeping people are very kind and she opened the room for us. When you first walk in its clean, the beds are smaller than the base of the bed so it looks weird. The lock on the bathroom door was broken, and the door squeaked LOUD when u closed/opened it. The views , there are none all you see is the hotels across the street. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings that night for dinner, before we left the hotel to go to dinner we came back from the beach we all showered and they only give you 3 towels when theres 4 of us, you have to give them a used towel to be able to recieve a clean one then we were ironing and water started leaking out of the iron all over the clothing so they brought us a new one which worked , and while ironing and running the hair dryer I guess the outlet blew out because it all stopped working, we reset the outlet a bunch of times and it still didnt work (there's not very many outlets in the room by the way), the toilet when you flush it you have to hold down the handle until the water fills to the seat then let go and it will hopefully flush, sometimes ours wouldnt flush so it clogged, then when taking a shower the bath tub fills with water also theres a clear cover mat on the bottom of the tub so all the sand that rinses off of you gets stuck in the small ridges . the water flow is terrible it took me probably 10 minutes to get all the shampoo out of my hair, the water doesnt get super hot either. When we came back from dinner that night we went to a shop next to te hotel named Foxy. The people there are from another country they have no clue what your saying and they are very rude, there henna tattoos are terrible, they lasted me and my friend less than a day, also we bought an eyebrow ring, small yes but right when we walked out of the store the ball on the end fell off and was gone, we went back in and the lady said no we cannot replace it but you can buy a new one for $5 , when we already spent $10 on the single ring. When we got back to the hotel we were in bed and it's 11 or 12 at night and there's loud loud partying all night. Day 2 we went to the breakfast bar and not very many options, doesn't look appetizing either, then during the day while we were at the beach house keeping came. When we got back they just folded our comforters back on the bed didn't even change the sheets, the pillows were literally just thrown on the bed, they took the trash and replaced the towels but everything else a mess they didn't replace the coffee we used or the coffee cups they left our trash just sitting on the night stand nothing was cleaned there, there was a chunk of food on the underneath part of the night stand. The room door doesn't fully close when you just close it as if it were your front door, you have to slam it. The room keys didnt work in the beginning either. Also to open the door from the out side u have to pull the handle up instead of pushing down.The Internet was slow as can be, I would've preferred to just use the Internet minutes on my phone. If you try to make long distance calls it didn't work for us. This is the experience I had here at the hotel, for staying 3 days and 2 nights. Not staying again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ReviewMaMa
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I booked with a group so I did not select this hotel. After seeing the website pics I was not impressed. Once there the place was worth the money. Great location to the beach. My room even had an ocean view. This is a great alternative to expensive ocean front. The rooms were very clean and the staff very friendly and very willing to please the customer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had a room on the bottom floor facing the beach. I liked the nice bench outside my room. I did not stay in the room too much. but the room was a standard cheap hotel/motel room. no frills.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo