“I never learn! What a dive”

Days Inn Virginia Beach at the Beach
Ranked #53 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Concord, New Hampshire
“I never learn! What a dive”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I am not a snobby traveler and have stayed in some sketchy places around the world. So when will i learn that paying a little bit more will prevent being stuck in motels like this! I should have known.

Anyway, this is not a very nice hotel at all. Its not appealing from the outside or inside. The bed pretty much had a ditch in it, which made it very uncomfortable, the room smelt and was old and tired looking. I just didn't want to think of what was on the floor or the bedspread.
Generally it just didn't feel sanitary or well looked after and is need of freshening up. Was kind of a miserable night as people on my floor and the rooms next door were partying until early hours. Seemed like the motel attracts contractors, as its a cheap price and they were noisy leaving in the morning with their trucks revving.
The people that checked me in, which seemed like were the operators, were not very pleasant either. I couldn't wait to leave.
Pay more and stay somewhere nicer, you will have a much better time i promise!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank DanHobs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Leander, Texas
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I just stayed at the Days Inn for a night and it was great. On the outside it's a little worn but once you open the door it looks to be either recently renovated or well kept up. The room was basic but clean and did have a microwave, fridge, and flat screen tv. The bed was amazing one of the best I have even slept on. So if you are looking for a great value with a good location this may be your place. I would deffinately stay again.

• Stayed May 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This was my second time at Days Inn Hotel, everything is like I remembered. However, I noticed that the non-smoking room reeked of citagrette (not pleasant at all!) I love the fact that the hotel comes with a complimentary breakfast, gym, hot tub, and outside pool. I am such a germophobe and I am so thankful that nothing out of the ordinary happened in the room I stayed ( or at least that I was aware of). My stay is was peaceful and comfortable. I would definetely stay in this hotel a third time!

Swansea
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Where to start... After traveling 9+ hours to reach the hotel my child and I checked in and proceeded to bring luggage, sporting equipment, drinks and snacks into our second floor room. Within 5 minutes my daughter informed me of the hair that was covering the shower stall. Yes covering, not just a little on the bottom of the drain. Appeared that someone with long red hair may have cleaned out there brush and smeared it all over the shower wall. Being too exhausted to call the front desk I decided I would take care of it myself. However before this could happen my child informed me of feces on the floor. My room was moved with no problem and we were put on the first floor. Room still was not clean but far more acceptable than the first. My child decided to go to bed because she had a sporting event early the next morning. Well what started off as some very very loud music continued until 2:00 am from the "Taco Bar" on the side of the hotel. I'm very confident they were not serving taco's however. After the music stopped the patrons from the cub filtered in to the hotel parking lot. I'm sure some of these patrons had rooms within the Day's Inn. A toddler from a neighboring room played and screamed until approx. 3:30 am. Then the sirens started. Needless to say there was no seep and my chid who traveled from Ma. for a very important sporting event did not perform to her ability. Was lack of seep a factor? We will never know for sure but I say it absolutely contributed. I packed my car at 6:00 am and informed the front desk that I would be leaving even though I had 2 more nights paid for. The young ladies at the counter were more than apologetic and asked me to please give the hotel another chance. They guaranteed I would be put in a quiet room. I agreed and they were right the room was much more quiet than the previous and with some sleep I was able to completely ignore the crackers under the bed, return the lost cell phone we also found under the bed, hold down the toilet lever, because it was the only way it would flush and look past the nasty band aid on the tile in the shower.
The hotel staff is the only good thing about this filthy place. To management you need to train your entire staff on customer service (which includes more than just being nice, it means really cleaning the rooms, and controlling your controllibles) You can't control the noise but you can have security in your parking lot controlling the aftermath. Your staff is keeping you in business invest in them!

Room Tip: Find another hotel
2 Thank Karen N
Highland Springs, Virginia
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed here for spring break. Room was clean, beds were comfy! Enjoyed the breakfast every morning. The staff was super friendly. Will definitely come back!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed at the Days Inn Virginia Beach- At the Beach for the weekend of St. Patrick's Day and the Shamrock Marathon, point blank, it was a overal bad experience. The rate was great at $55 per night, but we should have know that you get what you pay for.

The room was dated, smelled of smoke (in a Non-Smoking room), and run down. Our bathroom had molding falling off the door frame and a dirty tub. The room was never cleaned over the two days we stayed, although they did eventually bring some fresh towels by around 4pm. There is bar directly adjacent to the hotel, "Side Street Cantina", which kept us awake both nights with screaming patrons and very loud music. We bought earplugs for our second night, rather than changing rooms, and they were no help whatsoever. The noise was literally outside our door and unbearable. If you do book, ask for a room as far away from the bar as possible. The continental breakfast is fairly good, it was fully stocked both mornings win cereal, bagels, juices, and fruit.

The one thing I cannot complain about is the staff, they are courteous, friendly, and pleasant. We were always greeted with a smile and any request we had was addressed promptly.

I would suggest this hotel for 3 people: Heavy sleepers, College kids, and people who need a cheap place to stay on the beach.

• Stayed February 2012
Middletown, Ohio
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Booked 5 rooms in September for a family wedding in Virginia Beach.
We were tired after traveling all day.....This Days Inn was filthy. We checked out after 5 minutes.....I then had to find a place who had 5 rooms on the weekend of the "Shamrock Marathon"....We went across the street....and was very pleased with Springhill Suites.
I was very disappointed in Days Inn.....It was BAD!!!!

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family