1,221 results
All reviewsacross the streetroom was cleanhot tubcontinental breakfastwould stay here againocean viewyogurtnice stayfamily vacationbalconyrateshousekeeper
Reviewed February 22, 2012

The front desk people were nice and accommodating,, nice location and parking space was no problem. We were not able to sleep well due to our neighbor who were fighting the whole night and slamming their doors. Also there is one person in charge of the breakfast service who was so mean and scolded us for taking food out of the breakfast area when we did ask permission from one of the hotel staff. The heater at the shower is not working well. The room was clean with the basic stuff.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We came to VA Beach to attend the VA State gymnastics championship at Salem High School. Everyone agreed, we wanted to stay "at the beach", rather than somewhere along the highway closer to the school. The county allowed us only $75 per night for rooms. We found the Days Inn at the Beach and reserved 3 rooms. (well within our budget, even after taxes).
The young woman at the front desk was very nice and helpful when we arrived at 9 PM. The rooms (on the next to the top floor) were clean and totally comfortable. The beds were fresh and crisp.
The next morning some of our group walked along the boardwalk and enjoyed the beach. Breakfast was also a nice surprise. Good coffee, assorted breads, cereals, juices and a nice breakfast room.
Thanks. Our stay was quite nice and enjoyable. Can't beat the price !!!!!!

Room Tip: This isn't ON THE BEACH, but you can actually see the water from some of the balconies.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank evanscaribbean
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Smooth and easy check in, great staff, got two queens for price of two doubles, nice big and clean room, comfy bed, across the street from beach. Little hard to shut the door and breakfast could be better but for the price great stay!! Definitelly coming back in summer time :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lucie S
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I stayed there Monday night. My stay there was fantastic. Great rates too. $30 a night right across from the beach is an excellent value that can't be beat! Front desk clerk was friendly and had my reservation pulled up lightning fast! The hotel is aged probably built in the 1980's but the room was immaculate. Bed was comfortable. It did take the refrigerator awhile to get cold but eventually it did. The only thing I could find to complain about was that even for a non smoking room there was a odor you could immediately smell when you entered the room. It might have been the air freshner they use. I'm allergic to those air freshners! I put the fan on the heater and it helped freshen the room up.
The shower was very refreshing and clean. No mold anywhere to be found. They give you plenty of coffee and tea for the coffeemaker. You could see the ocean right across the street from the hotel. 7 eleven is right across the street if you need some beverages or a snack. They have menues from Calz Pizza. I ordered some pizza for delivery and this was some of the best pizza I ever ate!!! Delivery was super fast too!
The continental breakfast was average. Plenty of cereal, juices and coffee. Try to get there early because I went in at 9:30 and the bagels, pancakes were cold but hey that's my fault for being lazy! Overall my experience here was awesome!!! Also I recommend using the Days Inn website directly for reservations. Stay away from those hotel reservation sites. I used Cheapostay.com and they charged like $8 extra for the booking fee.

Room Tip: If you have special requests just let the front desk clerk know. They are there to help you.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank vajoefisher
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I love this hotel, clean, well priced, good location....

I love staying here when visiting the beach. I don't mind being across the street from the beach. The part of the beach the hotel is across from has a playground, great for my daughter. We also love going down a couple blocks to Planet Pizza or Pizza Planet.

The choicest rooms I imagine are harder to get in the dead of summer but having stayed in rooms throughout the hotel I haven't had a bad one.

Room Tip: Book a queen/queen and ask for one of the rooms facing the road/beach.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends