“Perfect Location, exceptional value!!”

Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North
Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 28, 2010

You can't beat the location on Virginia Beach directly adjacent to Neptune Park! All the rooms have ocean facing balconies, refrigerators and microwaves. I find that the appliances help with dining leftovers to allow those vacation midnight snacks right in your room! Also this hotel has 7 rooms with very over-sized, deep, jacuzzi tubs in king rooms. The breakfast is at least the standard Hampton fare, if not presented and prepared somewhat better than what you would expect. The on-site restaurant was very much on par with the area competition with very, very fresh shrimp and seafood. The staff are absolutely unbelievable!!! We checked in, and the reservations online were a day off from our arrival; but we were promptly taken care of with no additional charges. Absolutely amazing! And when we requested extra bath towels at the front desk, and they had none available, they called housekeeping before I had even left the desk, and the fresh towels arrived so soon it was as if they had followed me to my room. We will definitely be staying here again! The proximity to dining, the park, and the beach & boardwalk in general is just fantastic!!! Oh and don't forget, you get this all on a Hampton Inn pricing scale...well under the surrounding properties' rates.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,813)

Reviewed May 27, 2010

This hotel was wonderful! We flew in on a Thursday night and Brian at the front desk was so friendly when we arrived. We were initially told we would be on the second floor, which we were not happy about so Brian put us on the 7th floor with no problems. The staff at the restaurant downstairs was also very friendly and really went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our meal and wine. The location of this hotel is perfect! Murphy's pub is about three blocks if you want to stay out late. Catch 31 is right next door and they had the best seafood!! There was also a band playing on the stage next door starting at about 5pm on Fri and 11am on Sat and Sun. We only had to cross the street to go souvenir shopping. I would definatley stay here again if I return to VA Beach!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2010

While staying at the Hampton Inn we expereinced exceptional service from the staff. The rooms were spacious and clean. The veiw of the beach was spactacular. We were walking distance to many of the local attractions. The comp breakfast was very good and offered a wide variety of choices from cold cereal to hot items such as potatoes, eggs and bacon. The dinner that was served on the first night was outstanding and reasonably priced. I would highly reccomend staying at the Hampton Oceanfront North at VA Beach.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I was booked at the "other Hampton Inn" I accidentally came to this hotel (Hampton Inn North) and showed this woman chris, my travel iternerary. She told me I was at the wrong one..it was 9:40am and I asked her if I could take a roll from her continental breakfast for my sister so she could take her meds. (she said "NO") If you leave now you can make it to the other Hampton Inn..You have time!!! I called and spoke to the manager and he was just as rude!! But I must say the folks at Hampton Inn South more than made up for her rudeness!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mrcvm
Reviewed May 23, 2010

My wife & I always try to stay at a Hampton Inn when we are traveling with our kids because they offer a GREAT breakfast & they are clean & affordable. We have never had a bad experiance until our recent stay. The room was small but the location was great & we were only sleeping there as we had a lot of activities for the wedding I was in. The bathroom could have been bit cleaner and my wife saw a bug crawling on the bathroom floor that we now know to have been a bed bug. Upon returning home our 3 yr daughter had "spots" all over her we thought she had chickenpox & took her to our
pediatritian to learn that they are bed bug bites. My son & my wife & I broke out with the same itchy bites, several lined up in a row all over areas that were exposed while we slept. My wife has more than 30 bites on one arm! The hotel has thus far avoided speaking to us. If you do not want to be emmbarrassed about exposing your biten arms and legs and unable to fall and stay asleep & become obssessed & paranoid about bed bugs as my wife is then do not choose the Hampton Inn in Varginia Beach it is not worth the money u save to stay there! And if you stay check your bed and surrounding area for those crawling apple seed sized bugs before turning in.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jjeverett
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Me and mom had a great stay at Hampton Inn VaBch North. The room was excellent - very clean, 2 queen beds that felt great, lots of pillows, large flatscreen tv, larger-than-normal frig, microwave, desk, 2 comfy chairs, nice bathroom with lots of storage space, and a safe. The business center, 2 computers, were handy for checking e-mail. The breakfasts were always excellent, and the hot dishes varied from day-to-day. Our maid was extra good, and very friendly. Parking is easy in front of the hotel (free). It's wonderful being right on the boardwalk. All rooms have a balcony facing the ocean. We liked everything about the hotel. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Overlooking the beach, this wonderful Hampton Inn has it all. Front desk Jackie and Gary are the best! Polite, friendly with a great big welcome made you feel right at home. Nice housekeeping staff that showed they care about the guests. Will definitely return!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends