Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North
$157
Country Inn
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$241
$224
  • Beachfront
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$167
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$348
$235
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$114
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$193
$161
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$160
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$126
$119
BestWestern.com
$229
$219
GardenInn.com
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$205
1,846 results
All reviewsbreakfast stafffree breakfastneptune statuethe breakfast areapool and hot tubfront desk staffevery morningthe north endhotel is in a great locationvirginia beach oceanfrontgreat view of the oceanoff seasonhotel restaurantdefinitely stay here againfamily vacationoceanfront roomboardwalk
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Due to the potential for rain for the majority of our weekend, we cancelled our 2nd night stay at the Hampton Inn Chesapeake and booked a room at the Hampton Inn VA Beach North because it had an indoor pool to help entertain the kiddies. We were a bit disappointed. When we walked into the pool area, steam was coming off the pool and the room felt cold. Upon further inspection and smelling smoke from outside, we found that what looked like a large glass window was actually a large opening with only a window screen in it. Cold air was pouring in from outside. I made a point of telling the receptionist and she was polite but dumbfounded as if no one had mentioned it to her before. She said she'd find out but no one came in to the pool area to look into the situation. Our kids had a blast and managed to ignore the cold, but the adults sat by the pool in jeans and sweatshirts.

Otherwise, the Hampton was nice, breakfast was plentiful and the views were great. But if you're looking for a winter vacation with an indoor pool, I would try somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
vboceanfront, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay. We are sorry for any inconvenience with the indoor pool, and are glad that the kids were able to enjoy themselves. We would like to point out that this was an unusual situation, as our pool area dehumidifier broke causing an uncomfortable level of humidity. As a temporary solution while awaiting repair, we installed a screen in the glass window at the end. This had worked well until an unexpected cold front moved in before our maintenance staff could replace the glass. The glass has now been reinstalled.

We are glad that your found the other aspects of your stay good and do hope that you will give us another opportunity to make a better impression.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Perfect location, all rooms with amazing oceanfront views, private balcony, super sweet staff, Jackie at the front desk made our stay so welcoming, everyone at this hotel has superior customer service skills. Our room was spotless thanks to Mary. Breakfast had many many choices and the eating area was oceanfront with additional seating outside beside the boardwalk. We stayed on the 5th floor and if you have never been here before any floor from 2nd and up has a beautiful view of the ocean and boardwalk. Plenty of shopping and restaurants within walking distance and bike rental in the hotels parking lot...
And you just can't beat a Hampton Inn Bed, I have never slept in any other hotel that has beds like Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: All floors from 2nd and up will have amazing views, they are all oceanfront and there are no dunes to block your view, so if you are like me and afraid to stay on the higher floors even 2nd floor will be perfect. I think 4th floor and up the rooms have dvd players.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blue-eyes-27-va
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My husband of 33 years and I went on our very first REAL vacation recently and spent four terrific nights at the Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North. The Neptune Festival, a regional annual attraction was also going on at the same time. We had a great room, overlooking the Atlantic. And we could walk right out the door of the hotel onto the beach and all the festival had to offer. We will definitely go back as soon as we can. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor. Loved it. All rooms face the ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay. We are delighted that you and your husband chose our hotel for your first real vacation and that you were able to experience the Virginia Beach Neptune Festival. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed October 20, 2011

I always read millions of reviews before booking a hotel. However, I have never written one. I always wonder which ones to believe so I thought I would add a completely opinion free review for those of you like me. My boyfriend and I stayed 2 nights in a King, Jacuzzi, Oceanfront suite. When checking in we arrived very early and just wanted to leave our number to be called when the room was ready. I have to say the receptionist was a tad rude at check - in, but possibly just not a morning person because she was more accomodating for the remainder of our stay. We get into our room and I immediately check everything - I found the room to be clean and spacious. Although, when pulling back the sheets, I found a hair inside and there was hair around the bath tub floor and one inside the tub. I called housekeeping and they apologized and cleaned it for us immediately. There was a little rusting/mold around the ceiling of the bath tub. Everything else was perfect, the bed was comfortable, there was a large flat screen tv, a big bathroom, and a great view from the balcony. Also, downstairs the complimentary breakfast was a nice touch. Overall, I'm not sure I'd stay here again because the hair freaked me out - but it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
vboceanfront, Manager at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Thanks for your detailed comments about your stay. We want to assure you that your comments have been passed on to the appropriate managers for follow up and training. We hope that you will consider returning so that you can have an opportunity to experience the kind of great stay that our guests write about.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

My daughter and I have stayed overnight in October 2010, May and October 2011. We have thoroughly enjoyed it. Hampton Inn is a very nice place. All of the employees are always friendly and helpful. This particular time one of the other travelers told us about the dolphins and asked that we talk with Richard. He was very pleasant and helpful when we were getting breakfast. He told us about the dolphins. Later we saw him again and he told us about the Neptune Festival in September and explained what they have each weekend in September. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We always like the third floor. We enjoy watching the ocean. We also enjoy watching owners with their dogs!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family