Where do I start? This hotel is amazing is all I can really say. From the moment you walk into the lobby, you are greeted with a lovely modern reception which has water flowing behind it, a nice little gift shop and the pool to your right. To the end of the hotel is the restaurant and bar and then it leads straight out onto the boardwalk and beach.
The overall experience from the first day we got there was outstanding. We arrived really early from Williamsburg at about 12.30pm. We couldn’t check in yet, but they gave us our parking voucher which meant parking was free, really rare for a on the beach hotel and the car park was right next to the hotel as well. They said we could use all the facilities before we checked in, so we had a dip in the pool and went for a walk along the beach. As it was raining we had lunch at the hotel bar which was very nice and at 3.30pm our room was ready.
The rooms at this hotel are stunning, they all have an ocean view, come with a microwave and fridge, really comfortable double or king-size beds, free Wi Fi and a flat screen cable TV. We visited 6 hotels on our journey around Virginia and this was defiantly the best equipped. The room was also brightly decorated and the view from the balcony was beautiful. My only issue was that our room was on the second floor and we would have liked one higher up, it was also above the restaurant and this has a canopy that sticks out. Only the first 4 rooms are affected on the second floor though. A small moan but this didn’t detract from our overall experience.
The facilities at the hotel are excellent as well, you get complimentary breakfast with your room and as long as you get there fairly early (breakfast is from 6-10 and most people seem to get there from about 8.30) it’s a pleasant experience. My wife and I got there at 8 one morning and it was very quiet, the other 2 mornings it was very busy but the food is really good. Fruits, bagels, bacon, waffles etc. you name it and they cook it. It’s all in a buffet style so you can imagine it can get busy but the overall quality of the food is excellent! Staying with the topic of food, we had an evening meal in the restaurant and it was lovely. The service was very swift and the burger I had was excellent. They have plenty of beer at the bar and will make you any cocktail you fancy as well!
The pool is very nice, it has a large Jacuzzi as well for adults to relax and it’s nice to get in the pool after a hot day on the beach! The only sad thing is they don’t have an outside pool. I know the winters can be very cold in Virginia, but a sun bathing area and an outdoor pool are all this hotel is really missing. Nothing wrong with the indoor pool, it’s a good size and clean, but to get a sun bed on the beach is $12 for the day! So an area away from the beach would have been nice!
The hotel also has a cardio-room which comes complete with treadmill, cross-trainer and exercise bike, and it has a coin operated laundry as well which is very useful for cleaning your sand ridden clothes!
The location on the broad walk is spot-on as well; it’s located at the northern end, but its only metres from shops, the beach and the band stand. There were a couple of excellent bands playing while I was there, and you can even hear them clearly from the balcony, but shut your door and it cuts the sound off completely so even noise from the beach wasn’t a problem!
Overall this hotel has it all, I will defiantly be coming back as my wife and I fell in love with part this of Virginia! The hotel only made the trip even better and I would gladly stay here again! A 5 star rating all round, and I would recommend this hotel to everyone! Ocean view balcony room, breakfast, Wi Fi and free parking all including in your room price, it doesn’t get much better than this!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North is conveniently located in the desirable north end of the boardwalk. All 120 rooms are oceanfront featuring panoramic views of the beach and ocean. Enjoy a breathtaking ocean sunrise from your private balcony before heading downstairs to the complimentary breakfast buffet. At this Virginia Beach oceanfront hotel you get free WiFi, free onsite parking, and a microwave and refrigerator in every room. Relax or play in the waterfall grotto pool and hot tub. Enjoy an oceanfront dinner in the hotel restaurant, North Beach Bar & Grill, or walk to one of many restaurants along Atlantic Avenue. We look forward to an opportunity to provide you with a great stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront North Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Hampton Inn